Safeway French bread recipe is a great simplistic dish that you can make very easily if you want to get started on making homemade bread loaves. Safeway recipes are pretty elegant, and you can enjoy them as you please. You can execute it in no time, and it will consume very little time than complicated extended dishes. You can also store the bread for later until it stays fresh.
As You Read On
Know About Recipe and Ingredients:
Safeway baguette recipes have amazing heritage attached to them. You can make the best french bread recipe on your own now by following the instructions thoroughly. Safeway bread recipe has only a few ingredients that you can acquire easily.
Flour: It is an essential ingredient to have while making bread. It is a well-known fact that you must have flour to include in your recipe in order to make bread. There are many other ingredients necessary to bring it all together. But you must have flour to start it all off.
Yeast: The yeast, when activated, helps the bread to rise and form a well-textured dough. Yeast helps the bread to form into a soft and fluffy texture. It also expands the dough and enables you to accomplish the feat of making bread at home.
How to Make Homemade French Bread
There is an art to making artisan bread at Safeway. Cooking is also a form of art, and it is an amazing feat in itself to try and become successful at doing so. You can make the Safeway bread by following the ingredients and recipe exactly.
You can then have bread as you like, and it will be without preservatives and homemade. This is a great French bread recipe for you to start making bread at home. The origin of this recipe comes from European kitchens. You will surely want to expand your hand at cooking by trying these out.
Safeway Bread French Recipe
- 2/3 cups cornmeal
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tbsp active instant dry yeast
- 2.5 tbsp warm water
- 2 tbsp white granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp shortening
- 1 egg (separated egg white and mixed with a tablespoon of water to make an egg wash)
- 1/4 sesame seeds (you can use white or black ones according to preference)
- To start making the bread flour Safeway, firstly, you have to activate the yeast. To do that, in a medium-sized bowl, pour warm water, then pour some sugar in it and mix till it dissolves. Do not make the mixture too frothy or bubbly. Then add the yeast and slowly mix it with the sugar water. Set it aside after covering it with a lid for about 20 minutes.
- In a larger bowl, sift the flour through a strainer to eliminate any extra residual. Then mix some salt and the shortening with the flour. Now, pour the activated yeast into the bowl of flour and salt. Slowly mix it and make sure the lump clears out while the dough forms. You can also use a stand mixed. That way, the flour gets formed easily without you having to put too much strength into it. Then, make sure the dough is well mixed and set it aside in a warm place, but be careful not to put it in a very hot place. This will help the yeast in the dough to activate the dough, and the dough will start to expand and rise. You can use a clean but damp cloth to cover the dough so the yeast can work well.
- Let the dough rest for about 20-25 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the baking sheet. Line it with butter paper or parchment paper so the dough does not stick to the baking sheet. Now, grease it with some oil or butter, whichever is your own preference.
- Take the dough out of the bowl and lightly flour a surface you will work it on. You can use the kitchen station, provided that it is clean. You can also use a board to your advantage. That way, the dough will stick less while you work with it. Now, knead the dough well. Make sure it aerates well. That way, your dough will be soft and fluffy.
- Grease the dough with oil and cover it to set it aside. This way, the dough will rise some more and expand. Follow the previous procedure of letting it rest. Let it stay that way for about half an hour.
- After the rising time has passed, take the dough out, lightly flour the surface. You may use the cornmeal to dust as you please. Knead the dough but do not let it get tightened. The texture will feel dry and taut in that case. You have to keep the dough soft. Divide it into rectangular pieces. Cut them up accordingly. Spread them, then roll them onto themselves by the edge to the other edge. Seal it well.
- Leave slight slits on top of the bread rolls. Brush egg white mixture on top of the loaves. Make sure the layer is smooth and even. Do not overdo it, or it will start to sag. Cover them and let them rest for about an hour or so.
- Uncover them after the resting period, then go ahead and sprinkle as much sesame seed that you would like to have on the rolls—Preheat the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
- Now, brush some more egg white mixture on top of the bread rolls and let them into the oven. Bake the rolls for about 25-30 minutes. Check to see if the bread has gotten golden brown color. You can pause in between and brush more egg white mixture.
- Now, take them out of the oven as the timer goes off or when you think the roll is ready enough. You can check if they are cooked by sticking a pin in them and see if any raw dough remains. That will help you get an approximate idea of how long it will take for it to be fully cooked.
- Set the bread rolls on a cooling rack, under room temperature. Make sure they cool just enough and do not go cold. It may take about 10-15 minutes for the rolls to cool down. Serve them with your preferences of side dishes and enjoy
- To make instant yeast French bread, you must allow plenty of rest time for the dough formation. The yeast helps with the activation of the dough. But it needs enough rest to do its work.
- Do not layer the egg white mixture too thickly on top of the bread rolls that may cause the egg white to create an exterior layer on top of the bread rolls. It is best to let the bread soak in the egg white mixture for the most part.
Hopefully, this recipe will help you with making the bread you want to have. You can enjoy these rolls by cutting them up into loaves, toasting them, and having breakfast. That decision and choice lie entirely in your food habits. It is a really healthy way to consume bread as well.
A lot of people shy away from having bread because they think it may increase their carb intake a lot. But these homemade fresh baguettes will not do anything of that sort. So, follow this recipe to make your own homemade bread and enjoy!
You May Also Like: