If someone is looking for healthy snacks with great taste, especially which you can dip in your coffee or tea or warm milk then I have the best solution and that is biscotti. Can you believe that even Starbucks has biscotti?? Healthy and dry nuts are so flavorful that anyone loves it and it fits in all celebrations. So, I would love to give you guys the Paul Hollywood biscotti recipe and this recipe can bring your life joy.
From various kinds of videos and cookbooks, I have known the best recipe with phenomenal taste. I am sure that if you try my recipe, you will never try anyone else’s recipe.
- 1 Know About the Biscotti Recipe and Ingredients:
- 2 How to Make Chocolate Biscotti?
- 3 Paul Hollywood Biscotti Recipe
- 4 Basic Biscotti Recipe with Variations
- 5 Conclusion:
Know About the Biscotti Recipe and Ingredients:
At first in any recipe you have to be sure about your method and how accurate it is. Then you collect your all ingredients and here they are:
Plain white flour or white wheat flour:
When it comes to plain white flour, it’s basically used for the standard-issue and it softens the taste. In one cup (125g) of flour, people can get 455 calories and 13g of protein.
Baking powder slightly raises the dough in the oven and makes biscotti lighter. Some people use baking soda but baking soda is much stronger than baking powder, almost 3 times stronger. If you need to bake a biscotti use baking powder because it is less fluffy than cake. If someone doesn’t have baking powder then use baking soda 3 times less than the baking powder. But I personally prefer baking powder because of the less chemical reaction.
Caster sugar is normally used instead of sugar because of its ability to dissolve and for the sweetening of the biscotti. Don’t use ungranulated sugar, it may affect the taste and make biscotti uneven than the traditional ones, and doesn’t mix with the dough properly.
In traditional recipes, always use eggs to decrease the extra dryness. Many people use butter or oil but it can affect the actual Italian taste, which is the born land of biscotti. I would suggest using eggs that you placed in the kitchen before baking to adjust in-room temperature otherwise frozen eggs are not good for baking.
In baking, salt is actually used for the balance of sweetness. It also balances the flavors and gets the taste all together.
How to Make Chocolate Biscotti?
Everyone loves chocolate flavor in every snack, even those who were never a big fan of biscotti, they couldn’t ignore it. Chocolate is as addicting as coffee and my grandma is the biggest fan of it.
Ingredients of chocolate biscotti are plain flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, powder sugar, eggs, sweet chocolate chips, vanilla extract(if someone prefers), salted butter to soften. Preheat the oven and whisk all ingredients using the electric mixer is the best way to bake a smooth biscotti and lastly add the chocolate chips.
Be sure to save some chocolate chips above the mixed dough for a gorgeous look. If you wanted a perfect size and shape of it then made it approximately 12 inches long and 2 inches wide. Bake for 35 minutes and cool it for 5 minutes on the sheet. In that way, you can make a perfect chocolate biscotti which is loved by everyone.
Paul Hollywood Biscotti Recipe
Only for base
- 250 g Plain white flour or white wheat flour (extra 30g for chocolate biscotti), use extra for dusting
- 1/2 tbsp Baking powder
- 250 g Caster sugar
- 2/3 Eggs (medium size)
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
For Hazelnut Orange Biscotti Flavor
- 3 medium eggs
- 200 g Hazelnut (chopped)
- 1 large orange
- Grated zest of orange
For Triple Lemon Biscotti Flavor
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 50 g Light brown sugar
- 1/4 tbsp Sea salt
- 3 tbsp squeezed juice of the lemon
- 80 g Toasted almonds
- 11/4 tbsp Lemon extract
- Some drops of milk
For the Italian Biscotti Recipes
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp Anise extract
- 8 ounces Chopped almonds
- Preheat your oven to 140°C and with parchment or silicone paper you line the baking tray, I suggest doing it even if your tray is non-stick.
- Mix the main three ingredients which are plain white flour, baking powder, and caster sugar together in a bowl.
- Add the beaten eggs, don’t add the whole amount at first, and continue the process until you make a firm dough; it can’t be all sticky. If you make the chocolate biscotti then use all the eggs and make the dough all sticky.
- It’s time to add the flavor that you have chosen. For Paul Hollywood biscotti, you need to add the vanilla. Add hazelnut, almonds, orange zest, and juice for hazelnut orange biscotti. Add chopped almonds for Italian biscotti. Add lemon zest along with juice for triple lemon flavor.
- After adding your flavors, gently knead the dough and cut it in half.
- Roll the dough into a long log, approximately 4cm in diameter. Placed each dough into your baking tray with parchment paper, if you keep it in one tray then space them at least 5cm distance. Bake it in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- After baking the logs, cool them on the tray for 10 minutes to firm the dough then transfer it to a board and cut the logs into diagonal for shaping the biscotti, into 2 cm thick.
- Transfer the slices into a baking tray and bake it for 20 minutes or until the biscotti are dry. Now you can find the crisp of the biscotti that everyone wants. If your tooth is not strong enough then don’t get mad, I have a surprise for you. You can make a once baked biscotti which is chewy and soft, just don’t bake it after cooling and bake it for 15 minutes instead of 35 minutes and have the softest biscotti you ever mad
- Biscotti must not be overcooked, you have to maintain the temperature and time perfectly.
- Accurately measure the ingredients, use teaspoon, tablespoon, cup, and knife to level the flour within the cup.
- Baking powder is important and use the fresh one, don’t use the expired one also!!!
- Make sure if you use milk, it is cold, not warm as another baking dish.
- Nicely roll the dough and line it perfectly in the baking tray, if you don’t roll it accurately then you may have uneven biscotti.
- Use the best baking sheet from your nearby store.
- Cooling the biscotti after baking is important, it is the only secret to getting the perfect crisp.
Basic Biscotti Recipe with Variations
Biscotti recipe with 10 mouthwatering variations:
- Cherry Almond
- Orange Cranberry
- Toffee Nut Latte
- Very Vanilla
- Mocha Chip
- Mint Chocolate Chip
- Chocolate Cover Cherry
- Nerdy Fruity
- Carmel Apple
By adding flavors you can make your favorite one and enjoy it with your coffee and give your life a flavourful taste.
All biscotti recipes are similar but the flavor and the texture of a biscotti are the main thing. Here, the Paul-Hollywood Biscotti Recipe has a great texture with great flavor and you can relate the taste of my biscotti recipe with the ancient Italian cousin. I am glad that I can make it anytime and you should be too, if you follow my instructions you can be a great biscotti master. Your hunger can make you a great baker, so don’t waste your time and grab the ingredients and surprise everyone with your new snack dish!
You May Like Also: