Paula Deen is the host of the famous TV show Paula’s Home Cooking. And this show premiered in 2002 on the food network. Paula is mostly known for her creative dishes on various items.
And, one of her popular dishes is the breakfast casserole. So, we’ll introduce you to the Paula Deen breakfast casserole recipe. It’s exactly how Paula Deen made it. Cooking the original dish of Paula Deen’s breakfast casserole will require all the pantry ingredients. These ingredients are easy to arrange.
Also, the cooking process is pretty trouble-free. Let’s check out how Paula Deen cooks her delicious breakfast casserole recipe.
As You Read On
- 1 Paula Deen Breakfast Casserole Ingredients
- 2 How to Make Paula Deen Breakfast Casserole?
- 3 Best Side Dishes to Serve With
- 4 Paula Deen Breakfast Casserole Recipe || Easiest Way to Cook
- 5 Conclusion
Paula Deen Breakfast Casserole Ingredients
To make this sausage casserole with bread you need no expensive ingredients. All most all the ingredients are pantry. Here’s what you’ll require-
Loose Pork Breakfast Sausage (1 LB)
Loose sausage means ground pork. You either can take the pork and grind them yourself, or can take the ready loose pork sausage. We have taken the store-bought loose pork sausage. Unpack the sausage and mesh them together in a bowl and put the bowl aside.
Fresh Sage (1 Tbsp)
Sage is best for adding flavor and nutritional value to your morning breakfast. It will help you lower the LDL cholesterol. Take 1 tbsp of chopped sage to make your dish more delicious.
Eggs (7 Large Sizes)
Take 7 large eggs. Without eggs, you cannot make this recipe.
Cheddar (2 Cups)
Take 1 cup of sharp white cheddar and 1 cup of yellow cheddar. Take them and shred them. Adding shredded cheddar will give a spongy texture to the dish. And also the yellow cheddar will make the dish look more colorful and attractive.
Cayenne (½ Tsp)
Cayenne is a kind of pepper and it’s a very good source of antioxidants. Also, it can develop digestion capability. Most importantly, adding the cayenne will brimming a unique flavor to your dish. So, take ½ tsp of cayenne. Adding more will increase the heat. So, don’t go for more than ½ tsp unless you like heat.
Salt & Pepper (1 Tsp of Each)
Take salt of 1 tsp and pepper of 1 tsp as per your taste. These two cooking elements can be a bit more or less depending on your preference.
Whole Milk (3 Cups)
Take 3 cups of whole milk and it will be needed to make the egg mixture.
White Bread (8 Pieces)
Take 8 pieces of thick bread. And cut 4 pieces of bread into square or cube shapes. And take another 4 pieces of bread to butter them.
How to Make Paula Deen Breakfast Casserole?
Making the Paula Deen breakfast casserole will take only 30 minutes of baking time. If you have 1 hour in your hands, you’re perfectly ready to cook this delicious breakfast recipe. Let’s check out how-
Put a pan on the stove at low heat. Take the bowl of meshed ground pork sausage and put it in the pan. Keep stirring for 2 minutes. This time, add chopped sage to it and mix well.
Take another small bowl and creak the eggs. Add salt, cayenne, and pepper to taste your recipe. Mix them properly.
This time add milk to the egg and spice mixture and mix properly. Now take your baking pan and spread the cube-shaped bread pieces on it.
Stir the sausage in the pan for 1 more minute and heat off the stove. Pour the sauteed sausage into the baking pan filled with bread cubes. Now add shredded cheddar over the bread cubes and sausage.
Spread the white shredded cheddar over the sausage and bread and then the yellow cheddar. Spread on the top including the corners.
Pour the egg and milk mixture over the cheddar. Now bake in your oven at 350° F for 30 minutes.
Your Paula Deen breakfast casserole recipe is ready to serve. Serve it with any of your favorite dishes or drinks.
Best Side Dishes to Serve With
- Milk (For Kids)
- Fruit Smoothie
- Cinnamon Rolls
- Yogurt Parfait
- Green Salad
- Fruit Salad
- Roasted Vegetables
- Garlic Bread
Paula Deen Breakfast Casserole Recipe || Easiest Way to Cook
- 1 Lb Pork Breakfast Sausage
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Sage
- 7 Eggs Large
- 2 Cups Cheddar
- ½ Tsp Cayenne
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 3 Cups Whole Milk
- 8 Pieces White Bread
- Saute the ground sausage added with saga leaves on a pan at medium-low heat for 10 minutes
- Mix eggs, cayenne, pepper, salt, and milk in a bowl
- Now take your baking pan and spread the cube-shaped bread pieces on it
- Pour the sauteed sausage into the baking pan filled with bread cubes
- Now add shredded cheddar over the bread cubes and sausage
- Spread the white shredded cheddar over the sausage and bread and then the yellow cheddar
- Pour the egg and milk mixture over the cheddar
- Now bake in your oven at 350° F for 30 minutes
- Your dish is ready
- You can skip white cheddar if it’s not available. But make sure you use any one of them either white or yellow cheddar
- Adding Saga acts as a flavoring agent. In this case, you can add any of your most preferred flavoring elements like parsley or mint
- Adding 1 cup of powdered milk to the whole milk will bring an added taste to the casserole
- Refrigerating the casserole for hours will help it sit more preciously. However, it’s not that mandatory
The morning is the most important time of the day to start up. So, what you’ll have in your breakfast will energize you to adapt to the day nicely. It’s important to choose a healthy menu for breakfast.
Considering the health benefits, the Paula Deen breakfast casserole recipe can be the best choice. It will deliver both nutrition and taste.
At least twice a week, it can be a great dish to bring variety to your dining table. Also, you can serve this casserole as dessert after dinner. It’s a versatile dish.
You May Also Like: