The battered fish recipe is one of the top-liked fish recipes. Anything that inspires you to have more fish is the battered fish recipe. However, here’s the secret to making it even tastier. Go for Captain D’s fish batter recipe while making it at home.
Captain D’s battered fish recipes come with a flaky and crunchy taste. If you can go for the right ingredients and frying process, you can enjoy Captain D’s restaurant’s taste at home. Besides, having the fish recipe will help you enrich protein and lower the fat. Because fish is a low-fat and high-protein food.
So, this recipe can be an essential part of your regular life. However, you shouldn’t use excessive spice that can damage the food quality.
As You Read On
Captain Ds Fish Batter Recipe Ingredients
It’s easy to cook this recipe with all the regular spices and all other ingredients. flour m baking powder, water, etc, all are your everyday usable ingredients for typical cooking. So, you don’t have to spend additionally to make the battered dipped fish recipe.
Let’s check out the given list below to know what you’ll need to make this item-
Cod Fish (2 lbs)
We have chosen codfish as it’s readily available everywhere. So you can manage this fish hassle-free. You still have the option to choose any of your favourite fleshy fish. This recipe requires 2 obs of boneless fish.
Cornstarch (½ Cup)
If you want to get a crisper texture compared to only flour, add ½ cup of cornstarch. It will also help you thicken the marinating system. It can easily absorb moisture from fish and allow it to be expanded. As a result, the fish fillets get a nice crispy coating.
Flour (1 ½ Cups)
It can be either plain flour or all-purpose flour. Whatever you like, take 1 ½ cups.
Baking Powder (1 Tbsp)
Baking powder is the only leavening agent to give good rise to your fish fillets. Applying baking powder while marinating the fillets will make them fry with an airy texture. But you need it very little amount. So, take 1 tbsp.
Water (2 Cups)
Take 2 cups of water to mix in the marinating ingredients.
Kosher Salt (2 Tbsp)
To get an extra taste, use kosher salt than the regular one will be wiser. To make this recipe, you’ll need 2 tbsp of kosher salt.
BlackPepper (½ Tsp)
Adding black pepper to the fried battered dipped fish will bring a spicy flavour. Taking ½ tsp will be perfect for this recipe.
How to Make Captain D’s Fish Batter?
Only 4 main steps you need to go through to make this batter fish recipe-
Put a saucepan on the stove at 350° F and let it preheat. Once the saucepan is heated, put oil and let it warm.
In the meantime, you have to make the batter. So, take a medium size bowl and take flour. Add baking powder, cornstarch, salt, pepper, and water. Now keep stirring and let them mix well. Make sure the batter becomes foamy.
Now, take the fish and chop it into small slices. Pat the fillets with a paper towel to prevent extra water. Patting with a paper towel lets the fillets coat the batter nicely.
Put the fillets in the saucepan and deep fry for 4 minutes on each side. Ensure the fillets aren’t sticking with one another. When the outer texture becomes brown.
Remove the fillets from the oil and put them on a wire rack. Keep them on the rack for 5 minutes to drain the extra oil. Your Captain D’s fish batter recipe is ready to serve. Serve with your favourite toppings/sauce.
Best Dishes to Serve With
- Mushy Peas
- Couscous Salad
- Thinned Tomatoes
- Steamed Broccoli
- Vegetable Salad
- Corn and Tomato Salad
- Mac and Cheese
- Baked Potato Wedges
Captain D’s Fish Batter Recipe
- 2 Lbs Cod Fish
- ½ Cup Cornstarch
- 1 ½ Cups Flour
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- ½ Tsp BlackPepper
- Put a saucepan on the stove at 350° F and let it preheat, and put oil.
- Take a bowl and put flour.
- Add baking powder, cornstarch, salt, pepper, and water.
- Now keep stirring and let them mix well.
- Chop the fish into small slices.
- Pat the fillets with a paper towel to prevent extra water.
- Now coat all the fillets with batter.
- Deep fry the fillets for 4 minutes on each side .
- Remove fillets from the oil and put them on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Let’s drain the extra oil.
- Your recipe is ready to serve.
- Using rice flour to coat the fish fillet will make the fillers more crispy.
- Excessive lowered temperature won’t make the fish batter crispy. Rather the fillers will be soggy and greasy. So, fry the fish batter in a required heat.
- Don’t over-mix your batter, or else the fish fillet won’t get crunch and crispy.
- Remove the extra water from the fish fillets before coating them with the batter. Otherwise, the fillets won’t stick to the batter properly.
- Put the fillets into the pan slowly. Fast dropping can make the batter fall off.
Significantly fewer people love fish than other foods like chicken or vegetables. If you are also on that team, here’s the best Captain D’s fish batter recipe. You’ll be the biggest fan of its crispy, flaky, and delicious texture. It’ll take only about 30 minutes to prepare with simple ingredients and cooking methods.
It’s a perfect dish for all ages, from kids to adults.