It’s summer means you should try some homemade fruit recipes. And, one of the best summer recipes is the certo strawberry jam recipe. If you ever desire to make a delicious strawberry jam, this homemade certo strawberry jam recipe will be the best.
Certo helps a lot to get a consistent set in your strawberry jam. Adding Certo liquid will easier your jam-making process.
Its delicious taste makes your kids happily willing to have their breakfast or light snacks adding with bread or other favorites. Making strawberry jam at home will also help you utilize the strawberries in a proper way.
As You Read On
Certo Strawberry Jam Ingredients
The strawberry jam recipe is one of the easiest recipes that requires no cooking experience. Following this recipe guide you can easily make your homemade jam. Surprisingly, you’ll need only 4 ingredients to make this dish. Here is what you need to prepare-
Strawberry (2 Pounds)
Give a nice wash before you chop the strawberry and remove their hull. Cut them into small pieces. You can even cut them in half. It totally depends on your choice. Give them a small cut if you have kids because kids don’t like the bigger pieces.
Certo (1 Pouch)
Adding 1 pouch will be well enough to make today’s jam recipe.
Lemon Juice (2 Tbsp)
Adding lemon juice will bring a tangy texture. So, we like to add 2 tbsp of lemon juice. Your Certo strawberry jam is going to be so delicious.
Granulated Sugar (1 ¼ Cup)
Strawberry is already sweet fruit. But adding sugar will give it an additional sweet taste. In this case, you have to take 1 ¼ of granulated sugar. Granulated sugar is perfect than white sugar for the Certo strawberry jam recipe.
How to Make Certo Strawberry Jam?
Here’s how easily you can make your favorite recipe-
Take an aluminum or mixing jar or saucepan and pit the chopped strawberry. Add lemon juice and granulated sugar to it.
Now turn on your stove at medium heat and put the saucepan on the stove. Bring the mixture to a boil. Check out whether the strawberries are turning into liquid. When it becomes more watery, increase the heat to 220° F.
The heat can be medium-high or high depending on your stove type. Because not all the stove comes out with the same heating capacity. But, make sure the liquid isn’t scorching. Boil the liquid for 15 minutes.
At this stage, you’ll have to mix the strawberry chunks. There are a lot of giant strawberry chunks and they aren’t broken yet.
So, you’ll have to mash and mix them in the liquid. Take a potato ricer and mash the chunks and mix them.
Once the frothy liquid turns into a jammy thick mixture, your strawberry jam is on the way to being ready. This time you need to add Certo pectin and stir.
If your 15 minutes are over and the liquid isn’t consistent yet as you desire, keep boiling for 5 more minutes at medium-low heat.
Your strawberry liquid is very syrupy and jammy means it’s ready to heat off. Now sterilize your jar. Sterilizing the jar means plopping the jar and lid into hot water for 15 minutes. It’s because of ensuring no bacteria or harmful germs are there in the jar. After that wash and dry the jar and its lid completely.
Now pour the jam into the jar and lid on it. Try not to spill while pouring. You have to seal the lid properly. Your jam is ready to serve or eat right away. However, it’s good to serve cool. So refrigerate it at least for an hour before serving.
Best Side Dish to Serve With
- Bread with Butter
- Strawberry Sheet Cake
- Pie Cake
Certo Strawberry Jam Recipe || The Best Certo Recipe
- 2 Pounds Strawberry
- 1 Pouch Certo
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
- Put your chopped strawberry in a saucepan and add lemon juice and granulated sugar to it .
- This time, put the saucepan on the stove at medium heat and bring the mixture to a boil for 15 minutes.
- When the strawberry liquid becomes more watery, increase the heat to 220° F and boil.
- At this stage, you’ll have to mash the strawberry chunks. So mash and mix them in the liquid with a potato ricer.
- Add Certo pectin and stir.
- Your strawberry liquid is very syrupy and jammy means it’s ready to heat off.
- Now sterilize your jar and pour the boiled jam into the jar and seal the lid properly.
- Your jam is ready to serve or eat right away.
- You can change the taste according to your taste. For example, you can toss blackberries, can add rose water to the mixture.
- Adding a little spring of lavender will also make the strawberry jam a bit different than the regular store-bought ones.
- Using a candy thermometer will help you understand the heating temperature easily.
- It’s essential to continue stirring the liquid so that it won’t burn.
- To mash the giant chunk of strawberry, you can use a muddler as well if haven’t any potato ricer.
Jam recipes are easy to make and even you can make them without using any pectin. In this case, the jam-making process will take a bit long time than the pectin process.
If you want a hassle-free quick jam-making recipe, you should follow the instructions of the Cetro strawberry jam recipe. It’s fast, easy, and requires only a few ingredients and cooking steps.
Making this jam will be readily available to store for up to 1 month. So, after making this jam recipe once, you can use it for several times.