If you want to enjoy the chicken wings in a different way, follow Anthony’s coal fired wings recipe. Antony Worrall Thompson works in experimenting with different recipes. He explores the tastes and flavors. He’s a celebrity chef and restaurateur.
Once you try his coal fried wings recipe, you love it for all your special days. This dish is well servable as a side dish, main course, and also as an appetizer.
Coal-fried chicken wings is a protein-based food content. Thus it improves immunity and blood hemoglobin. Also, it can develop your overall health condition. So, it’s great if you’re a chicken wings lover.
As You Read On
- 1 Anthony’s Coal Fired Wings Ingredients
- 2 How to Make Anthony’s Coal Fired Wings?
- 3 Best Side Dishes to Serve With
- 4 Anthony’s Coal Fired Wings Recipe || The Best Appetizer
- 5 Conclusion
Anthony’s Coal Fired Wings Ingredients
Check out which ingredients you need while preparing Anthony’s coal fried special chicken wings-
Chicken Wings (12)
Since it’s a chicken-based recipe, you need plenty of chicken wings. Take the number of wings as per your serving size. We’ll take 12 because of our 4 servings. Increase or decrease the number.
Lime Juice (⅓ Cup)
To add a lemony flavor and also to make the dish savory a bit, take ⅓ cup of lime juice. Your dish will taste unique yet delicious in terms of lime juice.
White Salt (3 Tsp)
Apply salt as per your taste. If you like saltiness, use a bit more. To get more flavor, apply the kosher salt. In this case, the amount will be ½ tsp.
Black Pepper (1 ¼ Tsp)
Black pepper functions as an ideal seasoning. To add a mild flavor of heat, it can be an excellent spice ingredient. So, take 1 ¼ tsp of black pepper.
Vegetable Oil (5 Tbsp)
For an added flavor and taste, you must use the vegetable oil. However, you can substitute it with either canola oil or olive oil. You’ll require 5 tbsp. of vegetable oil to prepare this chicken wings dish.
Onion (2 Cups)
To make 2 cups of thinly sliced onion, you might need 2 large or 4 small size onions. Take the onions and slice them thin.
Minced Garlic (5 Cloves)
Adding minced garlic to this recipe will give it a stronger flavor. So, 3 cloves of minced garlic will also be required.
Chopped Parsley (1 Cup)
To brighten up the flavor, take 1 cup of chopped fresh parsley. It will add an extra flavor of natural herbs. Parsley is a great balancer for caramelized chicken wings dish.
Dried Rosemary (1 Tbsp)
Compared to fresh rosemary, dried ones come with a more concentrated flavor and dense texture. It will spread a fresh yet mild flavor to your dish. So, take 1 tbsp of dried rosemary.
How to Make Anthony’s Coal Fired Wings?
This is how you can cook wood fired chicken wings-
In the first phase of making your dish, take a large bowl and mix salt, black pepper, minced garlic, sliced onion, lime juice, ¼ cup chopped parsley, and dried rosemary. Mix them properly.
This time put the chicken wings in a zip-lock plastic bag. Then pour the marinated spice mixture into the bag. Keep tossing the bag to mix the spice mixture with Anthonys wings properly.
Now zip lock the bag and refrigerate it for 24 hours. Ensure the chicken wings are coated well with spices.
Preheat your oven to 450° F.
After that, put the pan on your stove and add 2 tbsp. of vegetable oil. Keep the heat medium. Put 2 cups of onion, ¼ tsp black pepper, and 1 tsp of salt. Sauté them for 30 minutes ar medium low heat.
Ensure the onions are softened and get a golden brown color. Once the onion is softened well, transfer the caramelized onion to a bowl and keep it aside for later use.
It’s now time to prepare the chicken wings. Now get the wings out from the fridge and place them in a baking pan. Put them in a single raw. Cook for 20 minutes in your preheated oven. Flip up the wings in halfway through your cooking.
Your Antony’s coal fried wings recipe is ready. Now top the caramelized onion on the top of the wings. Then spread the remaining chopped parsley and serve.
Best Side Dishes to Serve With
- Chili Cheese Fries
- Grilled Coconut Corn
- Mac & Cheese
- Baked Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Fries
Anthony’s Coal Fired Wings Recipe || The Best Appetizer
- 12 Chicken Wings
- ⅓ Cup Lime Juice
- 3 Tsp White Salt
- 1 ¼ Tsp Black Pepper
- 5 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 Cups Onion
- 5 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 Cup Chopped Parsley
- 1 Tbsp Dried Rosemary
- Mix salt, black pepper, minced garlic, sliced onion, lime juice, ¼ cup chopped parsley, and dried rosemary
- Mix the chicken wings and marinated spice mixture in a zip-lock plastic bag and refrigerate it for 24 hours
- Preheat your oven to 450° F the next day
- Put the pan on your stove and add 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- Saute 2 cups of onion, ¼ tsp black pepper, and 1 tsp of salt for 30 minutes at medium-low heat
- Transfer to a bowl once the onion is softened well
- Put the marinated chicken wings in a baking pan and cook for 20 minutes in your preheated oven
- Top the caramelized onion on the top of the wings. Then spread the remaining chopped parsley and serve
- Soak each wing in buttermilk before you marinate and refrigerate them. It will increase the taste
- Dredge the chicken wings into cornflower, paprika, salt, dried oregano, and pepper mixture before cooking. It’s a secret to making the dish more delicious
- Don’t remove the bones before cooking. It will reduce the taste
Anthony’s coal fired wings recipe is a unique style to give this dish. Most importantly, it requires less cooking time. Although you need to refrigerate it for 24 hours, the cooking time is short.
As Anthony’s coal fired wings require 24 hours for marinating, you must prepare them a day before you need to serve them. Just prepare for marinating. And cook right before serving. It will allow you to serve the dish dress and spicy.