If you want healthy food, check out the sausage and rice casserole recipe. It can be the best and healthiest dish for your weeknight dinner. It’s an easy dish to make and also requires very few ingredients.
When it comes to the health benefits of sausages casserole, it stands high. You’ll gain high-quality iron and vitamin B-12. As a result, your immune system will get perfect hemoglobin production. And also, the red blood cells of your body will remain healthy.
This tasty dish will allow you to metabolize your protein and fat levels. Amazingly, you can achieve around one-third of RDA from your sausage rice casserole.
As You Read On
- 1 Sausage and Rice Casserole Ingredients
- 2 How to Make Sausage and Rice Casserole?
- 3 Best Side Dishes to Serve With
- 4 The Easiest Sausage and Rice Casserole Recipe for Beginners
- 5 Conclusion
Sausage and Rice Casserole Ingredients
Three types of cream will be required to cook this sausage and rice dish. Adding these creams will increase the taste of your dish. Except for these three creams, you don’t need to purchase any expensive ingredients. Here’s what you need-
Hot Sausages (1 Packet)
The hot sausage roll is the primary ingredient to cook this recipe. Take 1 packet of pork hot sausage with 16 ounces measurements. Purchase it from any of your preferred brands.
Long Grain White Rice (1 Cup)
Since it’s a sausage and rice casserole recipe, you must require a cup of rice. You can choose any type of grain for your rice. However, we prefer taking long grains. It will make the recipe look nice. So, take 1 cup of rice and wash it. Keep the washed rice aside.
Chicken Soup Cream (1 Can of 10 Ounces)
It’s a creamy thick soup cream that you need to get a good texture for your sausage recipe. You can make this soup of chicken soup or can buy it. Buying this cream will be time-saving and effortless. So, purchase a can of chicken soup cream with a 10-ounce measurement.
Cream of Mushroom (1 Can of 10 Ounces)
As same as the chicken soup cream, you also need to purchase 1 can of cream of mushroom with 10 ounces amount. If you don’t get the mushroom cream, substitute it with any other cream soup.
Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese (1 Cup)
Take 1 cup of shredded cheddar to add to the recipe. Cheddar cheese delivers plenty of calcium and vitamin K. And, both of them are a perfect element for bone health improvement.
Red Bell Pepper (1)
Adding red bell pepper will bring a nice appearance to your dish and also will enhance spiciness. So, take 1 diced red bell pepper or capsicum.
If you like onion like me, take 1 full cup of diced onion. Or 1 small chopped onion will be perfect for this recipe. Wash the onion properly before you dice it.
How to Make Sausage and Rice Casserole?
With all the easiest steps, you can make your dish trouble-free. Let’s check out the cooking process-
The very first step is to set up the sausage rolls. So take a saucepan and put it on the stove at medium-low heat. Now give the whole packet of sausage roll on the pan and stir. Cook it for 15 minutes. You don’t have to add oil or other spices to cook the sausage rolls. Heat off the stove and transfer the cooked sausage to a large bowl.
Now you need to add other ingredients to the same pan of sausage. Add the uncooked rice grains, chicken soup cream, cream of mushroom, and cheddar cheese. Stir them to mix.
Now add the diced onion and red bell pepper to the saucepan. Mix all the ingredients properly.
Brush oil into a 9×13 baking pan and pour the mixture into it. Spread evenly all around the sheet.
Once you spread the mixture into your baking sheet evenly, you have to sprinkle some more shredded cheddar cheese.
Cover the baking sheet with foil paper before placing it in the oven. Now bake the sheet for 1 hour at 350°F.
Your dish is ready. Serve it as a single dish or you can add any of your favorite side dishes.
Best Side Dishes to Serve With
You need not serve anything if want to lessen your hassle. But, if you want to enjoy your dish more perfectly, serve the following dishes with it-
- Caesars Salad
- Classic Greek Salad
- Pea salad
- Cobb Salad
- Wholegrain Mashed Mustard
- Jacket Potato
- Cauliflower Cheese
- Yorkshire Pudding
- Steamed Green Cabbage
- Roasted Green Beans
- Garlic Bread
The Easiest Sausage and Rice Casserole Recipe for Beginners
- 1 Packet Hot Sausages
- 1 Cup Long Grain White Rice
- 10 Ounces Chicken Soup Cream
- 10 Ounces Cream of Mushroom
- 1 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Onion
- Take a saucepan and put it on the stove at medium-low heat. Now give the whole packet of sausage roll on the pan and cook for 15 minutes.
- Heat off the stove and transfer the sausage to a bowl.
- Add uncooked rice grains, chicken soup cream, cream of mushroom, and cheddar cheese. Stir to mix.
- Now add the diced onion and red bell pepper to the saucepan. Mix all the ingredients properly.
- Brush oil into a 9×13 baking pan and pour the mixture into it.
- Sprinkle some more shredded cheddar cheese.
- Cover the baking sheet with foil paper and bake for 1 hour at 350°F.
- Your dish is ready to serve.
- Try adding fresh herbs like thyme, mint, and celery. Fresh herbs are the perfect flavor agent to enhance the taste of casserole. If you haven’t fresh herbs, use dried herbs instead.
- Don’t put the sausages with rice before cooking them. Mixing uncooked sausages and rice together won’t let you get a good bake.
- Paprika, rosemary, bay leaf, thyme, and black pepper are also good to add to your sausage recipe as herbs.
- Serve the sausage and rice dish hot.
Making this sausage and rice casserole recipe is super easy. You don’t have to study heart and soul to learn the cooking method. It’s easy and you don’t have to be an expert too.
This one-dish recipe will allow you to complete your entire dinner. No side dish you need to serve with. So, it will also save you time preparing several dishes to swerve as a side dish.
Making this dish will ensure health benefits. So, you can prepare it at home for all your family members from kids to adults. It can be a perfect dish to fulfill your anytime spicy cravings.