Publix was established in 1930 as a single small store in the US. After that, it continues to grow and becomes this today’s world’s largest employee-owned institution. For high-quality products, especially sugar, you can rely on Publix for 100 on 100.
Applying the sugar from Publix will make any of your dishes super delicious and tender. So, we’ll share one of the best recipes you can make with Publix sugar. And that’s Publix sugar cookie recipe.
This recipe is a multi-generation recipe, so everybody will love it. Try making this chewy, buttery, sweet, and delicious sugar cookie at home.
As You Read On
- 1 Publix Sugar Cookies Ingredients
- 2 How to Make Publix Sugar Cookies?
- 3 Best Side Dishes to Serve With
- 4 Publix Sugar Cookie Recipe || The Tastiest Tea Snacks for All Ages
- 5 Conclusion
Publix Sugar Cookies Ingredients
The required ingredients for this recipe are-
All-Purpose Flour (2 ¾ Cups)
Any type of cookie recipe requires flour in the first phase. The Public sugar cookie recipe isn’t different too. So, take 2 ¾ cups of all-purpose flour. You can use plain flour as well.
Publix Granulated Sugar (1 ½ Cups)
Like flour, sugar is also the primary ingredient for this cookie recipe. And we’ll make the Publix sugar special cookie recipe. So, you need to take the granulated sugar of 1 ½ cups of Publix brand.
Baking Soda (1 Tsp)
Baking soda will help make the dough fluffy and foamy. But you require a very small amount of baking soda. Take 1 tsp of baking soda.
Baking Powder (½ Tsp)
Using baking powder is optional. You can skip it unless you have it in the kitchen. However, to get more lift, baking powder will be the best. So, take ½ tsp of baking powder.
In the cookies recipe, you must add eggs. The number of eggs will be required according to the amount of flour. Today, you’ll need only 1 large egg.
Butter (1 Cup)
Take 1 cup of butter and keep it at room temperature. Make sure your butter is unsalted.
How to Make Publix Sugar Cookies?
Anyone with little cooking knowledge can make sugar cookies. The easiest steps are as follows-
Take a mixing bowl and mix well the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and baking powder. It will be a dry mixture. Therefore, you need not add any water. Just mix all these three ingredients and set the bowl aside.
You need to take another mixing bowl. Take the cube of unsalted butter and keep stirring until it becomes a smooth cream. Once the butter becomes cream, add sugar. You shouldn’t add sugar at a time. This practice won’t let the sugar mix properly with the butter. So, add your Publix granulated sugar gradually.
Once the butter and sugar are mixed nicely, add the egg. Mix it properly and make a smooth mixture.
Add the flour mixture with the butter, sugar, and egg mixture. We recommend you add the flour mixture gradually. Adding the entire amount simultaneously won’t make an ideal mixture. So, add the flour and make a smooth batter. Now let the batter chill for 1 hour.
The batter is ready to make the cookies. So take 1 scope of batter at a time and shape it according to your preference. Before you shape up the cookies, rub cooking oil on your palms. It will allow the batter not to stick to your hands.
Coat the balls of dough into Publix granulated sugar. Coat properly so that all sides of the balls get coated with sugar well. If you want to design the cookies, decorate them using a fork. Or you can go for any of your favorite designs.
Place them on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes at 375° F.
Your cookies are ready. Let them cool for 10 minutes and serve with tea.
Best Side Dishes to Serve With
Usually, beverage-type dishes are what the cookies suit the best. So, you can add the following as side dishes with your Publix sugar cookies-
- Milk Shake
- Fruit Juice
- Red Wine
- Non-Alcoholic Mixed Drinks
- Coconut Water
Publix Sugar Cookie Recipe || The Tastiest Tea Snacks for All Ages
- 2 ¾ Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ Cups Publix Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- ½ Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Butter
- Mix the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Take the cube of unsalted butter and keep stirring until it becomes a smooth cream and mix the sugar.
- Add the egg to this mixture and mix properly.
- Mix the flour mixture with the butter, sugar, and egg mixture and let the batter chill for 1 hour .
- Now shape up the cookies with the chilled batter.
- Coat the balls of dough into Publix granulated sugar.
- Place them on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes at 375° F.
- Your cookies are ready.
- Let them cool for 10 minutes and serve with tea.
- Adding 1 tsp of vanilla extracts will boost the flavor.
- You also can add a tsp of rum to make a strong flavor. However, don’t add it excessively.
- Kosher salt is another flavorful ingredient to boost the taste and flavor of your cookies.
- You shouldn’t over bake the cookies.
- Refrigerating the batter while chilling will bring a better result than letting it chill at room temperature.
To make your evening snack breakfast or anytime tea break more enjoyable, add cookies to your menu. And adding specially made cookies like Publix sugar cookies can be an excellent addition to your list.
So, make this delicious Publix sugar cookie recipe at home. This cookie type is well-storable. Thus, making it once will allow you to eat and serve the entire month. Also, it can be an excellent option for a kid’s appetizer.
You May Also Like: