Have you ever been to the renowned Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse restaurant? If yes, you must have tried their iconic stuffed chicken. This item is one of their most ordered items from the daily customers.
Living in the US, Mexico, or Canada will enable you to try this recipe, as Ruth Chris has branches over there. However, don’t worry if you’re not a resident in any of these three.
We are given instructions on how to cook the Ruth Chris stuffed chicken recipe. Learning to make this at home will help you make your chili days more charming.
And preparing this recipe at home will get you a restaurant-type feel right at your dining. So, let’s check out our recipe guide.
As You Read On
- 1 Ruth Chris Stuffed Chicken Ingredients
- 2 How to Make Ruth Chris Stuffed Chicken?
- 3 Best Side Dishes to Serve With
- 4 The Quick Ruth Chris Stuffed Chicken Recipe || Add Variation in Your Menu
- 5 How Do Restaurants Make Chicken Breast So Tender: 5 Best Tricks
- 6 What is The Best Way to Reheat Ruth’s Chris Chicken?
- 7 Conclusion
Ruth Chris Stuffed Chicken Ingredients
You got ready to make the stuffed chicken Ruth Chris means you’re ready with its basic main ingredients. For example, chicken breast, cheese, and seasoning of different kinds are considered the basic ingredients for this recipe. So, let’s check out which ingredients you need and how much you need-
Chicken Breast (4 Pieces)
As it’s a simple cream cheese stuffed chicken breast recipe, taking 2 pieces of breasts will be too little to serve 4 or 5 people. So, taking 4 pieces will be a considerable measurement.
Herb & Garlic Cream Cheese ⅔ Cups)
⅔ cups of garlic and herb cream cheese will be perfect for stuffed chicken. Also, you’ll have to add ⅔ cup of regular cream cheese.
Spinach (½ Cup)
Adding spinach will enhance the taste and flavor. So, saute 1 cup of fresh spinach in light oil for 5 minutes. It will squeeze into ½ cup then. Keep this ½ cup of sauteed spinach aside for later use.
Tomatoes (½ Cup)
You also need ½ cup of tomatoes like spinach while making your Ruth Chris Stuffed Chicken. Taking dried tomatoes rather than fresh ones will make your recipe more delicious and flavourful. Therefore, we’ll take sun-dried tomatoes. You can use what is available around.
Parmesan & Monterey Cheese (⅓ Cup Each)
Parmesan cheese in any recipe will easily take the taste to the top. It will also increase your stuffed chicken taste. Therefore, we prefer taking ⅓ cup. Also, you’ll need ⅓ cup of Monterey cheese for this recipe.
Creole Seasoning (1 Tbsp)
Creole seasoning is the most versatile spice mix for all types of seafood and meat recipes. Undoubtedly, it will be one of the key ingredients for today’s recipe. Take 1 tbsp of this spice mix.
Chicken Seasoning Mix (1 Tbsp of Each)
To make a perfect combination of chicken seasoning mix, take 1 tbsp of the following-
- Adobo with Cumin,
- All-purpose seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
How to Make Ruth Chris Stuffed Chicken?
Here’s the easiest way to make your favorite recipe cream cheese stuffed chicken recipe-
In the very first stage, you’ll have to make the filling to keep in the chicken breast pockets.
So, take a mixing bowl and add regular cream cheese, garlic, and herb cream cheese. Mix them with a tablespoon or with your hand (the way you feel comfortable). This mixture will help to balance all other ingredients.
Now add the sauteed spinach, tomato, and parsley and toss them into the cream cheese mixture. Ensure you’ve mixed them properly and they seem smooth.
The primary task is done once you make this mixture. This time, you need to take the chicken breasts and put them on the cutting board.
Ensure you prep them as shown in the picture. Don’t cut the chicken breast entirely. Cut them as Picture-1 and butterfly them as picture-2. Making a butterfly shape means a pocket to put the filling in.
It’s time to stuff the filling inside the chicken pockets or butterflies.
Take the amount of filling according to the size of the chicken breasts. We’ve taken the large-size chicken breasts. So, taking 2 tbsp of filling for each will be enough.
You’re almost near to making your healthy stuffed chicken recipes. So, spread olive oil over the filled chicken breasts and rub them evenly on both sides.
Adding olive oil will help the seasoning to stick well and not to be burnt. When finished rubbing olive oil, spread the seasoning (spice mix) on the outside of the chicken breast and rub evenly.
Now put the skillet on the stove and let it warm at 165° F. Add olive oil and put the chicken pieces on once the oil is warmed enough. Fry for 10 minutes and flip up after the first 5 minutes.
Transfer the chicken pieces and put them on a paper towel. The paper towel will absorb the extra oil. Your dish is ready.
You can serve this Ruth Chris stuffed chicken with your preferred toppings and side dishes.
Best Side Dishes to Serve With
- Mashed Potatoes
- Brussels Sprouts
- Chicken Undon Noodles
- Gluten-Free Bread
- Broccoli Rice Casserole
- Carrot Slaw
- Creamy Garlic Pasta
- Roasted Bell Peppers
The Quick Ruth Chris Stuffed Chicken Recipe || Add Variation in Your Menu
- 4 Pieces Chicken Breast
- ⅔ Cups Herb & Garlic Cream Cheese
- ⅔ Cup Regular cream cheese
- ½ Cup Spinach
- ½ Cup Tomatoes
- ⅓ Cup Parmesan
- ⅓ Cup Monterey Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Creole Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Adobo with Cumin
- 1 Tbsp All-Purpose Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp Parsley
- Take regular cream cheese, garlic, and herb cream cheese. And mix them in a bowl.
- Add the sauteed spinach, tomato, and parsley and toss them into the cream cheese mixture.
- Now take the chicken breasts and cut them to make a pocket in each piece.
- Stuff the filling inside the chicken pockets. Don’t take excessive filling. For the large-size chicken breasts, 2 tbsp of filling will be enough.
- Spread olive oil over the filled chicken breasts and rub them evenly on both sides.
- Spread the seasoning when finished rubbing the olive oil.
- Now put the skillet on the stove and let it warm at 165° F.
- Add olive oil and put the chicken pieces on once the oil is warm enough.
- Fry for 10 minutes.
- Your dish is ready.
- After pouring the stuffing mixture in the chicken pocket, tie them with cotton thread. It will help the filling not to fall apart. However, you have to remove the thread right before serving.
- Also, you can use a toothpick instead of a thread.
- Don’t make the chicken pocket handful with the filling.
- You can store the stuffed chicken in your fridge for 4 days long .
- To get a different taste, make your stuffed chicken breast with cream cheese and cheddar.
- You don’t need to throw the leftover stuffing mixture if you have. Just pour them into the neck end of the chicken pocket.
- If you want to make your stuffed chicken more tender, add some lemon zest.
How Do Restaurants Make Chicken Breast So Tender: 5 Best Tricks
More or less, we all try to make the chicken tender while making any recipe at home. But there are some tricky techniques that everyone cannot master. Surprisingly, almost all restaurants are experts at making chicken breasts so tender. Here are some tricks on how they bring tenderness-
Proper marinating is the primary way to give excellent tenderness to chicken breasts. In restaurants, they try locking the chicken with proper marinating. The more time you marinate, the better the tenderness will come. In this case, try marinating your chicken breasts for at least 4 hours. Keep them overnight unless you’ve got a rush.
Thaw the Chicken Breasts
Taking out the chicken breasts from the refrigerator right before cooking will spoil the tenderness. In this case, restaurant chefs prioritize thawing the chicken pieces at room temperature for at least an hour before cooking.
If you want to tenderize your chicken pieces perfectly, velveting can be another excellent option. Marinate the chicken breasts using baking soda and let sit for 30 minutes. This method will work nicely for excellent tenderness.
Chicken pieces become soft, juicy, and tender while getting them a quick brine. In this method, you need to marinate them with salt and water for 70 minutes.
If you beat the chicken pieces with a meat mallet, it will also get you a great result to tenderize the chicken pieces. And this method is called pounding.
What is The Best Way to Reheat Ruth’s Chris Chicken?
Reheating Ruth’s Chris stuffed chicken is as simple as reheating the regular chicken recipes. Here’s how-
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Preheating the oven will make your way faster
- Take out the chicken breasts from your refrigerator and keep them a room temperature for 30 minutes
- Take your baking sheet and put the wire rack on the sheet
- Put the chicken breasts in a raw style and let them not stick with one another. It will allow the chicken to be reheated properly, and also, they won’t burn
- Now reheat the stuffed chicken for 5 minutes
The Ruth Chris stuffed chicken recipe is so popular because of its delicious layer of flavor. Ingredients for Ruth Chris stuffed chicken make it different from other regular stuffed chicken recipes. It comes with an extremely juicy and tender texture. And you can try this item with almost any side dish, from grains to pasta.
Another significant reason for its popularity is its easy cooking process. Ruth Chris stuffed chicken breast can be the quickest solution to add variation to your menu. It’s tasty and also perfect for all ages eater.