Meatloaf is one of the tastiest snacks or treats. It’s a perfect dish for your family, friends, or guests. Moreover, making the a1 meatloaf recipe is also so easy. Traditionally meatloaf comes with ground beef. Sometimes it’s made of beef, pork, and veal.
Typically, meatloaf is considered an unhealthy dish as it’s high in sodium and fat. However, making this dish at home will lead you to add all the healthier ingredients. As a result, your recipe will be more delicious and nutritious.
We’ll share how effortlessly you can make this homemade dish. Making the meatloaf dish with us will enable you to reduce sodium, fat, additives, and high cholesterol from it. And this will lower the risk of health complications.
Let’s see how!
As You Read On
- 1 A1 Meatloaf Ingredients
- 2 How to Make A1 Meatloaf?
- 3 Best Side Dishes to Serve With
- 4 1 Meatloaf Recipe with Tomato Sauce || Enjoy Your Parties
- 5 How to Make Tomato Sauce for Meatloaf?
- 6 Different Kinds of Meatloaf: 3 Popular Meatloaf Recipes
- 7 Conclusion
A1 Meatloaf Ingredients
The following ingredients will be enough to make our today’s recipe. You don’t have to be troubled to collect them. All these ingredients we’ll use are easy to find. So, check out the list of ingredients-
Ground Beef (2 Pounds)
Since the entire recipe is based on beef, you need 2 pounds to serve at least 5 servings.
Italian Bread Crumbs(1 Cup)
If you haven’t an Italian breadcrumb, take the regular ones. However, Italian bread crumbs will increase the taste. You also can make the bread crumbs on your own.
Onion & Egg (1)
You need to take 1 small size onion. Take the onion and chop it into small pieces. Also, you’ll need an egg.
Garlic (2 Cloves)
Take 2 cloves of garlic and chop them into small pieces like the onion.
Garlic Powder & Black Pepper (2 Tsp)
For a mild flavor, add 2 tsp of garlic powder. Also, you’ll need black pepper of 2 tsp for added flavor.
Salt (2 Tsp)
Adding 2 tsp of salt will be perfect.
Katchup (3 Cups)
It can be according to your preference. We prefer taking the tomato ketchup of 3 cups.
Brown Sugar (4 Tbsp)
Take 4 tbsp of brown sugar. You also can use white sugar. But, to get a good color, you must use brown sugar.
Paprika (1 Tsp)
The more the dish looks colorful, the more attractive it will be. So, take a paprika of 1 tsp to get the dish a wonder and eye-catchy color.
Butter (1 Tbsp)
You need a small amount of butter. So, take only 1 tbsp of butter.
Mustard( 2 Tbsp)
Mustard can be a good option to add a strong flavor. So, take 2 tbsp of mustard. Blend the mustard and make a smooth paste.
Parsley( ½ Tbsp)
For an intense flavor, parsley is always on top of other elements like mint. So, we’ll take ½ tbsp of parsley flacks.
Worchester Sauce (1 Tbsp)
Adding Worchester sauce will be a perfect ingredient to level up the taste. So, you require 1 tablespoon of this sauce.
Milk (1 Cup)
To make a good mixture, you’ll need 1 cup of milk
How to Make A1 Meatloaf?
Go through the given steps below and make yoru meatloaf effortlessly-
Preheat your oven to 360° F.
Put your pan on the stove at medium temperature. Add butter and let it melt.
Put chopped onion and garlic into the butter and saute them for 2 minutes. It’s the top secret to make your meatloaf more delicious. People usually use the onion and garlic powder. But the sauteed onion and garlic bring an extra level of taste.
Transfer the sauteed onion and garlic to a bowl and keep aside for later use. Now take another bowl and mix the brown sugar, mustard paste, and ketchup. Mix them properly and keep them aside for later use.
Take a medium size bowl and put the ground beef. Now add paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, parsley, Worchester sauce, sauteed onion and garlic mixture, and salt with the beef. Mix them all together.
Add milk, egg, and bread crumbs to the mixture you’ve made in step-5. Mix them well. Ensure all the ingredients are perfectly mixed.
Now keep the bowl of meatloaf mixture in your fridge for 30 minutes. Ensure the mixture sits nicely.
This time, take out the mixture and form it into a loaf shape. Now transfer the loaf to a wire rack and top with sauce. Now transfer the loaf into the preheated oven and cook for 1 hour.
Your meatloaf is cooked and ready to serve. Cut it into slices and serve.
Best Side Dishes to Serve With
The A1 meatloaf is perfect for serving various side dishes. Here are some examples of what you can serve with –
- Mashed Potatoes
- Toasted Vegetables
- Sliced Onion
- Creamed Peas
- Lemon Garlic Broccoli
- Mashed Cauliflower
- Creamed Mushroom
- Toasted Garlic Bread
1 Meatloaf Recipe with Tomato Sauce || Enjoy Your Parties
- 2 Pounds Ground Beef
- 1 Cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1 Onion
- 1 Egg
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 3 Cups Katchup
- 4 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Mustard
- ½ Tbsp Parsley
- 1 Tbsp Worchester Sauce
- 1 Cup Milk
- Preheat your oven to 360° F.
- Heat the stove to medium heat and put your pan on.
- Add the butter and let it melt.
- Add onion and garlic into it and saute them for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the sauteed onion and garlic to a bowl and keep aside for later use.
- Mix the brown sugar, mustard paste, and ketchup. Mix them properly and keep them aside for later use.
- Put the ground beef in a medium size bowl. Add paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, parsley, Worchester sauce, sauteed onion and garlic mixture, and salt with the beef.
- Mix them all.
- Add milk, egg, and bread crumbs to the mixture. Continue mixing.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 30 minutes.
- Form it into a loaf shape. Now transfer the loaf to a wire rack and top it with sauce.
- Now cook the meatloaf in your oven for 1 hour.
- Your meatloaf is cooked and ready to serve.
- Cut it into slices and serve.
- If you soak the breadcrumbs in milk, the meatloaf will be more juicy and tender.
- Covering the meatloaf with foil paper before cooking in the oven will save it from burning.
- Using non-dairy milk is more useful for making meatloaf.
- If you want to retain the moisture of your meatloaf, add 3 tbsp of gelatin to the mixture.
- Adding baking soda will help to keep the moisture for a long time.
- Don’t add excessive eggs. It will make the meatloaf rubbery and tough.
How to Make Tomato Sauce for Meatloaf?
Serving tomato sauce with meatloaf enhances the taste and make the meatloaf spicier. If you don’t know how to make tomato sauce for meatloaf, here are the quickest instructions-
- Whole Tomatoes- 3 Pounds
- Tomato Paste- 1 Tbsp
- Olive Oil- 2 Tbsp
- basil Sprig- 1
- Bay Leaf- 2
- Salt- ¾ Tsp
- Chopped Garlic- 1 Clove
Here are how you can make a quick tomato sauce for meatloaf-
- Wash the tomatoes and squeeze out the seeds. Grate and keep them in a bowl Take 4 cups of grated tomatoes
- Put a saucepan on the stove at high heat. Let the saucepan warm, and then put olive oil
- Now put grated tomatoes along with tomato paste, basil sprig, bat leaf, and garlic Keep stirring and mix them well
- Bring them to a boil for 10 minutes at medium-low heat
- When the tomato mix starts becoming thicker, lower the heat and keep stirring. Ensure the sauce is lessened and getting thicker. Keep simmering for 15 more minutes at low heat
- Keep stirring so the paste won’t stick to the pan bottom
- Heat off when the amount gets into 2 cups
- Your sauce is ready
- Keep it in the fridge and serve when needed. You can keep it in the fridge for up to 10 days.
Different Kinds of Meatloaf: 3 Popular Meatloaf Recipes
There are different kinds of meatloaf available in different states. And these types are over hundreds. However, the following are the most typical, frequent, traditional, and popular ones among all of them-
It’s an old-schools recipe that is made of oats. This meatloaf recipe is pretty delicious with its moist and tender texture. Once you try this recipe, you’ll love it.
Like A1, the taco meatloaf is also made of ground beef. Therefore, it attracts kids so much. This recipe also requires the key ingredients of taco seasoning, pepper jack cheese, and crushed tortilla chips. It’s easy to make so you can make it any time.
The smoked meatloaf comes with a smoky flavor. It will taste tender and juicy with a savory flavor. Due to its smokey flavor, adults prefer having this meatloaf much more than kids.
Making the a1 meatloaf recipe is flexible because you can tweak the ingredients according to your prefesence. Also, this recipe comes with the easiest cooking method, and you can make it anytime.
Most importantly, it’s comfortable to use several days after the making day. Because the A1 meatloaf is well-storable in the fridge. So, making it 2 or 3 days before the event or serving will lessen your hassle and make you comfortable in front of guests.
Since it contains all the healthy elements like milk and meat, kids can eat at their snack time as well.