From strengthening your bones to building muscles, chicken is an essential food to consider. Having chicken regularly will bring lots of health benefits. Besides, it’s the quickest solution to increase your serotonin levels. As a result, it will help you make your mood happy and charming instantly.
You can eat chicken in many ways rather than just a few particular cooking styles. However, if you love trying different foods from different regions, try the princess chicken recipe. It’s an Asian recipe made of a specific marinating process. Although it’s a popular takeout, you can still make it at home. It’s easy and simple.
As You Read On
- 1 What is Princess Chicken?
- 2 Princess Chicken Ingredients?
- 3 How to Make Princess Chicken?
- 4 Best Side Dishes to Serve with
- 5 The Best Asian Princess Chicken Recipe || Taste Chicken in a Different Way
- 6 How to Make Chinese Princess Chicken?
- 7 How to Make Chinese Princess Chicken?
- 8 Conclusion
What is Princess Chicken?
Princess chicken is a popular restaurant food that is a specially marinated food item. And to marinate this item, you’ll require more than hours. This is the reason why it’s so tasty. If you love spicy dishes, you’ll love princess chicken.
Usually, princess chicken is marinated with the following spices-
- Bell Pepper
- Cooking Oil
- Chili Flakes
- Salt, and
To add heat and color, you also can add paprika while marinating. Also, making a sweet taste, adding veggies and herbs will be a good choice. It’s an amazing dish that can be served on Christmas, Thanksgiving, or Summer Holidays.
Princess Chicken Ingredients?
With very few ingredients, you can easily prepare this delicious and healthy chicken recipe. The ingredients that you need are as follows-
Boneless Chicken (300 Grams)
Since it’s a chicken-based recipe, you require plenty amount of chicken. For 4 servings, we’ll take 300 grams of chicken. Take chicken breasts and chop them into 1ʺ pieces size. Ensure all the pieces are in the same size.
Chili Flakes (1 Tbsp)
Adding chili flakes to the Princess chicken is a traditional practice. It will enhance the taste. However, chili flakes will also help you relieve inflammation and boost metabolism. So, take 1 tbsp of chili flakes.
Salt (1 Tbsp)
It can be more or less as per your taste. But for today’s recipe, 1 tbsp of salt is well enough.
Garlic Paste (1 Tbsp)
For a strong flavor, you’ll need 1 tbsp of garlic paste or minced garlic. Don’t go for chopped garlic.
Cooking Oil (8 Tbsp)
To shred the chicken with other ingredients, you need 8 tbsp of cooking oil. You can use olive oil, canola oil, or vegetable oil instead of regular cooking oil. Any of these three oils gets a nice flavor. However, regular cooking oil is perfect unless you have no canola, olive, or vegetable oil.
Pepper Puree (2 Tbsp)
It’s a mostly used ingredient in Nigerian cuisine. Adding pepper puree will also increase the taste of your princess chicken. At this point, you’ll need 2 tbsp of pepper puree.
Green & Red Bell Pepper (½ Cup)
Adding green and red pepper makes the recipe colorful and good-looking. Also, they will increase the taste. So, take ½ cup of green and red pepper. Chop them into 1ʺ sizes so that they can match the chicken pieces.
Mushrooms (1 Cup)
Take 1 cup of chopped mushrooms to add to your recipe.
Mozzarella Cheese (4 Tbsp)
Adding 4 tbsp of grated mozzarella cheese will make the recipe sticky.
Double Cream(1 Cup)
The last ingredient you need is 1 cup of double cream. Double cream and mozzarella cheese make the recipe more delicious.
How to Make Princess Chicken?
It’s an extremely easy recipe for you to make at home. You’ll need only 6 to 10 minutes to cook it. So, let’s try following the given cooking process-
Since the key process of making the princess chicken is its unique marinating style, we’ll go for marinating the chicken in the first phase. So, take a mixing bowl and add garlic, pepper puree, chili flakes, salt, and 4 tbsp cooking oil. Mix them all properly.
Now add chicken pieces and mix with the spice mixture. Let the bowl wrap with wrapping paper or aluminum foil paper. And keep it aside for marinating. You’ll marinate the chicken for 4 hours.
Your marinated chicken is ready to cook. At this stage, put a pan on the stove and add cooking oil 4 tbsp. Let the oil warm, and then add chicken, red and green bell pepper, and sliced mushrooms. Keep stirring and cook for 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes, remove your chicken from the pan. Drain the extra oil from the chicken.
Now again, put the drained chicken in the same pan and add the double cream and stir. Keep sitting for 1 minute. This time add mozzarella cheese and mix them well. Stir for 1 minute more. Your princess chicken recipe is ready to serve.
Best Side Dishes to Serve with
There are lots of dishes that you can serve with princess chicken. The popular ones are-
- Fried Rice
- Honey Roasted Carrots
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Garlic Mushrooms
- Macaroni Salad
- Green Beans
- Seasoned Spinach
- Tofu Muchim
- Steamed Salad
The Best Asian Princess Chicken Recipe || Taste Chicken in a Different Way
- 300 Grams Boneless Chicken
- 1 Tbsp Chili Flakes
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Paste
- 8 Tbsp Cooking Oil
- 2 Tbsp Pepper Puree
- ½ Cup Green & Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Cup Mushrooms
- 4 Tbsp Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Cup Double Cream
- Take a mixing bowl and add garlic, pepper puree, chili flakes, salt, and 4 tbsp cooking oil. Mix them all properly.
- Now add chicken pieces and mix with the spice mixture.
- Wrap the bowl with aluminum foil paper and marinate for 4 hours.
- Put a pan on the stove and add cooking oil 4 tbsp.
- Add chicken, red and green pepper, and sliced mushrooms.
- Keep stirring for 5 minutes.
- Remove your chicken from the pan and drain the extra oil from the chicken.
- Now again, put the drained chicken in the same pan and add the double cream and stir for 1 minute.
- Add mozzarella cheese and mix them well.
- Stir for 1 minute more.
- Your dish is ready.
- Using boneless flesh will make your dish perfect.
- For a spicy taste, add soya sauce, tomato sauce, and paprika while marinating.
- Keep marinating for a long time or overnight if possible.
- Add 1 tsp of sugar for a sweet taste.
How to Make Chinese Princess Chicken?
Besides Asian princess chicken, you also can try the popular Chinese princess chicken. The cooking method is almost similar. But you need to add some additional ingredients.
- Whole Chicken Breasts
- Soya Sauce- 3 Tbsp
- Cornstarch- ½ Cup
- Chopped Onion- ½ Cup
- Bell Pepper- 2 Tbsp
- Ginger- 2 Tbsp
- Garlic- 1 Ynsp
- Mushrooms- ½ Cyp
- Seasonings- 2 Tbsp
- Cooking Oil- ½ Cup
- Sugar- 2 Tsp
How to Make Chinese Princess Chicken?
- Marinate the chopped chicken pieces with soya sauce, cornstarch, seasoning, and oil.
- Pit the pan on the stove and give oil. Add onion, ginger, garlic, and mushrooms Saute them for 5 minutes and get a brown color.
- Now add the marinated chicken. Keep stirring for 10 minutes.
- Your Chinese princess chicken recipe is ready to serve. Add a little soya sauce and sugar right before serving.
Whether you’ll make your princess chicken recipe spicer depends on your preference. In restaurants, this dish comes with a variety of tastes. However, this dish is flexible and versatile. You can make it in your way.
The princess chicken recipe is a great way to try chicken in a different taste and flavor. Although it’s an Asian dish, it’s popular worldwide. So, don’t miss trying this tasty dish at home.