If you have tasted pan de Cristal recipe earlier, you should know its specialty. Are you get bored with your daily breakfast routine? Do you want to try something different? I would prefer you to try pan de Cristal at least once, and I assure you that you will fall in love with it. Yeah, it takes much time to prepare and need to apply much effort to carry out this bread, but trust me, it’s worth a lot.
How to make Glass Bread with yeast? Making the dough is indeed tricky; here, I suggest using suitable flour to make this dough. Here is the most effortless recipe to make a delicious pan de Cristal. Certainly, it can save your time and make your first attempt to make pan de Cristal easy.
Know About Crystal Bread Recipe and Ingredients
Would you believe this fantastic recipe needs just a few ingredients? Here we are talking about the elements, why those ingredients are essential, and how those can make the recipe aesthetic.
Sturdy Flour or Manitoba Flour
Firstly, we are discussing about flour. To make glass bread, the first thing you have to do is create a perfect dough. We will need sturdy flour or Manitoba flour to make dough. Best quality flour helps to make the dough easier to work with.
Yeast helps to create a fluffy and perfect dough. If you forget to use dry yeast, the dough will not rise. And if it does not increase properly, you can’t make it work. So, try to use dry yeast in proper measurement.
Pan De Cristal Recipe
- 400 g Sturdy flour or Manitoba flour
- 400 ml water
- 1.7 g Dry yeast
- 10 g Olive oil
- Salt as per taste
- In the first step, prepare the dough for pan de cristal.
- Grab the flour and water in a place, then mix it and reserve it in rest.
- Now mix things up properly; you can do this process exactly as you feel comfortable.
- Keep continuing mixing until the extra flour is gone.
- Cover the dough with a kitchen rapper and leave for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, open it and mix yeast. Mix the yeast with the dough until it starts kneading. This kneading does not hit the dough, and it is a process that increases the gluten mesh without being rough.
- When the integrated process is done, mix the salt with 15g water and add it with the dough. Then continue the same kneading process.
- To get the perfect dough again, add 15g more water and knead again. Please note in total that we are adding 355g water for the ideal fluffy dough.
- When you notice the dough rises continuously, start adding the rest of the water. Take 12-15 g water each time and knead with the dough when you see thoroughly mixed water; again, add water.
- When you have added 400g water and the dough is risen, add olive oil and use the oil all over the dough body.
- Keep the dough in the freezer for one day. In some cases, it takes 14 hours at 39°F/4°C.
- Let’s shape glass bread Take the dough out of freeze and leave it for one hour at room temperature
- Now, prepare the tray with a line of baking paper and a pinch of flour.
- Before dumping the dough, spread flour all over the surface. Proper handling of the flour is significant not to damage the structure.
- In this step, divide the dough into two equal parts with the help of a metal scraper.
- For a better cristal bread recipe, it can be cut more attractively by following some rules. You can cut it in the round, triangle, or rectangular shapes.
- If you don’t have two scrapers, pass the dough from the table to the board. Put the scrapers/hands down, close them like accordions and arrange them on the table/tray when we spread the flour.
- Cover the place with flour, then put the dough and cover it with a cotton cloth. Now leave it for 2 hours at room temperature; it should be within 78ºF / 25.5ºC.
- In this part, learn how to bake the bread.To get the best result, before baking the bread, preheat the oven for a minimum of 40 minutes at 482°F/250°C.
- Preheat the oven with perforated trays if you have a steel sheet.
- Heat 1 cup of water for five minutes before baking the bread. To make the process easy, use the microwave to heat the water.
- Now put the glass bread at the bottom of the oven. You can use the wood board to slide the bread if needed on the steel plate.
- Put water on the hot stone to make steam, then bake the bread for 8 minutes.
- Now remove the tray with volcanic stones, close it and dim the heat to 464°F/240°C. Then bake the bread for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes of baking, make the heat lower to 446°F/230°C and again bake it for a minimum of 3 minutes.
- For a more crisp crust, you have to bake the bread for five more minutes.
- Stop the oven and let the bread cool completely to serve.
- It would be better to eat the bread the same day you bake it.
- To get the crispest crust and avoid softening after baking, be careful about the final minutes of baking. Try to bake the bread with the convention and fan. Otherwise, you will get the leathery bread after baking.
- To make the dough more fluffy, flavors and aromas, try to keep the dough in the freeze as long as possible.
- Do not add water at once. Take a small amount of water, add it to the flour, and beat as much as possible. Make pan da crystal recipe and knead the dough for at least 3 hours.
- Never use fresh yeast instant of dry yeast. It can make a massive difference in the whole recipe.
Can You Bake Bread in a Glass?
The bread can be baked in the glass, but the glass should be oven-proof. Lower the oven temperature to 25 degrees Fahrenheit when baking bread in a glass. This can make the crust more rough and brown. If you are worried about security, you can be sure that it is absolutely safe.
It can be said with a guarantee that your hard work to make the recipe is worth so much. Now you may be wondering why it takes so much time and effort to make it. It can be easily bought by spending some money, but the taste of pan de cristal is different. You have to trust in my words and try it at home at least once. Here are some tips for the perfect dough and bread; follow those to get an excellent breakfast.