Can you imagine that you can make an Emile henry baguette recipe with four regular bread ingredients? This recipe is a top-rated and well-known breakfast in French. Most French people have been used to making this baguette for so long. This is a traditional breakfast of the country. Emile henry baguette is perfect in taste, flavour, and history. If you have all-purpose flour and some yeast and salt, you can make your morning memorable.
Making this recipe is not that hard, but it requires much time and patience. This baguette is very light and low-calorie bread, so if you are on a diet and want to give yourself a delicious breakfast, this recipe is perfect for you. Here’s a detailed discussion for preparing this crusty baguette recipe.
As You Read On
Know About Emile Henry’s Baguette Recipe and its Ingredients
Knowing about the ingredients before making any recipe helps do your job perfectly. So lets me know about the Emile henry baguettes ingredients:
You can use any types of flour that are available in your kitchen. All-purpose flour is usually used to make any bread or baguettes. But if you want the most crust and crispy baguettes, you have to go for Parisian flour—the French people use 55 different types of flour to make this baguette recipe.
If you think yeast is used in bread to make the dough rise well and give it a sponge-like texture, I am sorry you are wrong. Yeast plays a vital role in providing your slices of bread with aroma rich flavour and keeps the original nutritional value. For this reason yeast is a very important ingredients for this recipe.
How to Make Authentic French Baguette cloche?
An authentic French baguette is a great traditional breakfast with straightforward and classic ingredients. For making a French baguette, you will need water, flour, yeast, salt, and that’s it. Now you might be thinking is it possible to making this fantastic tasty, flavorful, crusty baguette recipe with those common simple ingredients. Let me explain it more clearly. For many years people of French are making this baguette recipe in the same old style. They used warm water instead of cold for the perfect dough. And baking the dough into the oven in a high head helps get the ideal volume.
Firstly mix all the ingredients and knead for 10 minutes. Leave the dough for 2 hours. Then again, stir the dough for getting a smooth texture. Now shape the dough and rest for 1 hour at room temperature. After that, place the dough in the refrigerator for the entire night. Now it’s time to bake the bread. Preheat the oven at 500°F and bake it for 40 minutes. After perfectly baking, you can serve this delicious bread.
How to Make Baguettes Crispy?
For getting a crusty, crispy baguette, the first thing you should do is raise the dough ideally. The next thing is preheating the oven or baking steel. It helps to get the most crispy baguettes. There are also other five ways to make your baguette crispy:
- Before everything, choose a recipe that can be crispy. Some ingredients make the bread soft, such as potato, sour cream, sugar, and butter.
- When shaping the dough, make sure the surface is not significant. Try to shape the dough in less surface area.
- Never forget to heat the baking steel from the oven before baking the bread. Its work is fantastic for making the dough perfectly crisper.
- Always try to use a pizza stone or baking steel for baking. Those things are beneficial to make the baguette crispy.
- Many people remove the baguette from the oven after baking to make it cool. This is a mistake to get a crisper baguette let the bread cool in the oven.
How to Make Hard Baguette Soft?
Here’s the way to make your hard baguette soft:
- Preheating the oven before baking helps. Heat the oven to 350°F before baking.
- I know it seems crazy, but trust me, it’s work. Cut the side of the baguette and hold it under the running water for about 15 minutes.
- After that, place the baguette in the oven for a few minutes. No need to preheat the oven; it just needs to be soaked.
- Depending on your bread weight, bake or warm the bread. Suppose your bread is much bigger than it would take 15 minutes.
After following all these steps, you can hope to get a soft baguette.
Emile Henry Baguette Recipe
- 3 cups Artisan bread flour
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Instant yeast
- 1 cup Lukewarm water
- Grab all the ingredients in a place and mix them all. Continue kneading until you get the sticky and soft dough. This process might be taken 2 to 3 minutes. The water you are using in this dough should be warm.
- Now, take the dough in a rest bowl and cover it up. Leave the dough to rise for 60 minutes at room temperature.
- after 2 hours of resting again, cover the bowl and refrigerate the dough for the whole night.
- Next day, knead the dough using your hand for letting the air out. Now cut the dough into three pieces. Each piece’s size should be 10” ×4’. For 8” baguette slashes, cut the dough at a 45° angle.
- Now, shape the dough pieces and roll them into thin cylinders, but they will be slightly longer.
- Cover the slices with a kitchen rapper and let them rise for 20 minutes. If you are using gas, mark it at 9 for a few minutes before baking the bread. If you want to bake it in a clay baguette baker, heat the clay to 500° before baking.
- Before baking, remove the plastic cover and bake for 30 Minutes. After 30 minutes, check the bread and again bake for 5/10 minutes for getting the deep golden brown.
- let the bread cool down before serving.
- There are some limitations of using the baguette; make sure you know about those before making the recipe.
- The main secret about this recipe is the resting time. Ensure you have given enough time to rise the dough properly.
In the final line, I want to say try this recipe at home at least once, and I can assure you, you will fall in love with this Emile henry baguette recipe. People are now very health conscious. Breakfast is an important meal –It is also essential to know how many calories are in your feed. Emile Henry baguette is as healthy as calories are very low. As a result, you can eat on a full stomach, and there is no chance of gaining weight.
You May Also Like: