Salmon is a very good source of nutrition. You’ll get various nutritional values while consuming salmon. For instance, it’s rich in Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, protein, iron, and many more. There are many ways to cook salmon. However, the salmon loaf recipe with mayonnaise is one of the top popular ways to serve and eat.
The salmon loaf has a creamy texture and a highly delicious taste. Making this recipe at home is extremely easy and cost-effective. It requires no hassling or unavailable ingredients. Also, it’s a great versatile recipe that suits different side dishes. It’s well servable with any of your favorites.
To bring a variety to your regular food taste, add this old-fashioned salmon loaf recipe to your menu.
As You Read On
Salmon Loaf Recipe with Mayonnaise Ingredients
With all the inexpensive and easily found ingredients, you can make your Pacific salmon loaf recipe effortlessly. Check out the given list of ingredients below-
Canned Salmon (16 Ounces)
Using canned salmon than fresh ones will help you make the recipe faster and also more delicious. So, take 3 cans of salmon with skin and bones and make your can salmon loaf.
Mayonnaise (½ Cup)
To make the salmon loaves creamy and tasty, salmon dip mayo comes into consideration. So, you’ll need to take ½ cup of mayonnaise.
Bread Crumbs (½ Cup)
It acts as a binder. Keeping the ingredients tight together, breadcrumbs work the best. So, you’ll need ½ cup of breadcrumbs for this recipe. You can take any breadcrumbs. But we prefer taking the Panko breadcrumbs for our recipe.
Onion (2 Cups)
Take 1 medium green and 1 medium yellow onion. Take the onions and dice them into small pieces.
Salt & Pepper (1 Tsp Each)
To season the mixture and to taste, take 1 tsp of salt and 1 tsp of pepper.
Dill and Parsley (¼ Cup Each)
To get a good flavor, you can use 1 tbsp of dill and 1 tbsp of parsley. Both dried and fresh are usable in this recipe. So, you can use what’s available in your kitchen cabinet.
You’ll also need 1 finely beaten egg. The egg will help make the loaf fluffy.
Cucumber Sauce (1 Cup)
Take 1 cup of cucumber sauce for added flavor and taste.
How to Make Salmon Loaf?
It’s an extremely easy recipe you have ever made. This recipe will take only a few steps and minutes. Here’s how to make the delicious salmon patties recipe with mayo-
Take a mixing bowl and take canned salmon, breadcrumbs, and mayonnaise. Mix them well.
Once the mixture seems smooth, add onion, salt, pepper, dill, parsley, and the beaten egg. Mix them all together properly. Ensure the mixture is smooth.
Shape the mixture into a loaf and put it into the baking dish/ tin.
Bake the loaf in your oven at 350° F for 40 minutes.
Your salmon loaf with mayonnaise is ready. Get the baking dish out of the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes.
Top the loaf with cucumber sauce. You also can use the tomato sauce. However, cucumber sauce gives a unique flavor. Now cut into slices and serve
Best Dish to Serve With
The salmon loaf is a perfect food item that suits a wide range of dishes to serve with. Here are the most common and popular dish ideas that you can serve with your salmon loaf-
- Farro Salad
- Vegetable Risotto
- Sesame Noodles
- Lemon Pasta
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Buttery Garlic Beans
Salmon Loaf Recipe with Mayonnaise || An Effortless Dinner Recipe
- 16 Ounces Canned Salmon
- ½ Cup Mayonnaise
- ½ Cup Bread Crumbs
- 2 Cups Onion
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Cucumber Sauce
- Mix the canned salmon, breadcrumbs, and mayonnaise.
- Add onion, salt, pepper, dill, parsley, and the beaten egg. Mix them properly.
- Put the mixture into your baking dish/ tin and bake for 40 minutes at 350° F.
- Get the baking dish out of the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Top loaf with cucumber sauce.
- Now cut into slices and serve.
- The salmon loaf can be refrigerated for up to 6 days in the fridge. However, you have to refrigerate them in an airtight container.
- Different sorts of herbs are easily usable in this recipe. For example, you can use thyme, oregano, rosemary, and tarragon instead of dill and parsley. Any of them will enhance the taste and flavor of your recipe.
- Fruits like mango, pineapple, apple, orange, etc are well-matched with a salmon loaf.
- Keep the heat low while reheating the leftover. Reheating in low heat will keep it moist and flaky.
- If you want to specify the salmon according to their taste, go for the darker salmon. It’s tastier than other colored salmon.
Salmon contains many health benefits like Vitamin, Omega-3, and many more. Consuming salmon will surely improve your heart and other physical conditions.
Making salmon loaf recipe with mayonnaise at home is a creative idea for beginners. It’s the most delicious recipe and easy to make.
The cooking process requires only mixing the ingredients and baking them into a baking dish. That’s all to make your favorite salmon recipe. If you want a quick dinner idea, this salmon patties recipe with mayo can be a great option.