Having dessert after a meal makes our lunch or dinner more special and enjoyable. And it’s a great practice, especially for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Summer holidays.
Not only for special days, but you also can make it for kids’ school snacks. You’ll be able to achieve great satisfaction with a small effort.
However, many of us think making dessert at home is expensive and time-consuming. It’s not always that true. Making a Jello pudding pie recipe at home won’t require much time or cost. You can make it within minutes.
Also, you need not to be an expert in making this delicious recipe. Following our simple instructions, you can easily make your Jello pudding pie. So, don’t miss out on it.
As You Read On
- 1 Jello Pudding Pie Ingredients
- 2 How to Make Jello Pudding Pie?
- 3 Best Toppings
- 4 Jello Pudding Pie Recipe with Chocolate Flavour || Enjoy Your Special Days
- 5 Conclusion
Jello Pudding Pie Ingredients
You’ll need very simple cooking elements to purchase from the nearby store. And some of the ingredients are already available in your house, like milk. Ingredients that you’ll need are-
Pie Crust (1)
Although you can make your pie crust on your own using flour, we recommend taking a store-bought one. It will bring perfection to your Jello pudding pie. So, take 1 pie crust.
Beans (2 Pounds)
When baking the pie crust, you’ll need 2 pounds of beans to put on the pie crust. It’s because the parchment can move or fall away. Therefore, putting the beans on the parchment paper will keep them in place over your pie crust.
Whole Milk (4 Cups)
You’ll need 4 cups of whole milk to mix the Jello powder. And you’ll need to boil them right after baking the pie crust.
Jello Pudding Powder (1 Packet)
The key ingredient to making this recipe is the Jello pudding powder. 1 packet is enough for 5 servings. You’ll get it available in the nearby store.
Whipped Cream (2 Cups)
To make a foamy layer on the top of the pudding pie, we’ll apply 2 cups of whipped cream.
Chocolate (2 Pieces)
Since we will add a chocolate flavor to today’s Jello pudding, 2 pieces of chocolate will also be necessary.
How to Make Jello Pudding Pie?
Go through the given jello pudding pie directions below. Just see how quickly you can make this dessert. Keep going step by step-
Take your pie crust. Get it out from the packet and stretch it out for a while. You can use it directly from the packet if you don’t want to roll out the crust.
However, rolling out will make it even bigger and make smoother. So, we’ll now roll out our store-bought pie crust.
Take a pie pan of 9ʺ size and grease it with vegetable oil. Greasing oil will help the crust not to stick to the pan. Once you have finished greasing the oil, put the crust on the pan. Spread it the way so that no air pocket remains under the crust.
It’s now time to bake the pie crust. If you let the pie crust bake directly, it can be burnt. So, we’ll add parchment paper to the crust. Now fill the parchment paper with 2 pounds of beans. You need beans just as the paperweight so that parchment paper won’t disappear from the pie crust.
Now bake the pie crust in your oven at 400° for 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes of baking, remove the crust pan from the oven and let it cool completely. Now pull out the parchment paper full of beans. Pull it gently so that it won’t tear. After removing the parchment paper, the crust looks brown and well-baked, like the picture-
This time, you need to put a medium size saucepan on the stove and pour milk. Keep the heat medium. Add the jello pudding powder.
Keep stirring for 5 minutes and mix them well. It will become a nice pudding.
You’re almost done making this easy recipe. Heat off the stove when the pudding gets thicker. N add the pudding to the pie crust. Spread it evenly around.
Now add the cream to the pudding and make an even layer. Adding whipped cream will increase the taste and fill the remaining space in the crust edge.
This time you need to get the final touch to your Jello pudding pie. So, take a bar of chocolate and grate it over the whipped cream.
Your pie is ready to refrigerate. Now put it in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours.
Your Jello pudding pie is ready to serve. Get it out of the fridge and cut it into your desired shape. And serve.
You can add anything according to your preference. However, the following are the best ones-
- Toasted coconut
- Sprinkle chopped nuts will just double the taste
- Baked spices, for example, cinnamon
- Freshly grated nutmegs
- Toasted sesame
- Toasted almonds
- Chopped fruits like berries and apple
- Chocolate shaving
Jello Pudding Pie Recipe with Chocolate Flavour || Enjoy Your Special Days
- 1 Pie Crust
- 2 Pounds Beans
- 4 Cups Whole Milk
- 1 Packet Jello Pudding Powder
- 2 Cups Whipped Cream
- 2 Pieces Chocolate
- Take your pie crust. Get it out from the packet and stretch it out for a while. You can use it directly from the packet if you don’t want to roll out the crust.
- Grease a pie pan of 9ʺ size with vegetable oil.
- Put the crust on the pan.
- Spread it so that no air pocket remains under the crust.
- Add parchment paper to the crust.
- Now fill the parchment paper with 2 pounds of beans so that the parchment paper won’t go away from the pie crust.
- Now bake the pie crust in your oven at 400° for 15 minutes.
- Remove the crust pan from the oven and let it cool completely for 30 minutes.
- Now pull out the parchment paper full of beans.
- Put a medium size saucepan on the stove and pour milk. Keep the heat medium. Add the jello pudding powder.
- Keep stirring for 5 minutes and mix them well.
- Heat off the stove when the pudding gets thicker.
- Now add the pudding to the pie crust and spread it evenly around.
- Now add the cream on top of the pudding and make an even layer.
- Take the chocolate and grate it over the whipped cream.
- Now put it in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours.
- Your Jello pudding pie is ready.
- Get it out of the fridge and cut it into your desired shape and serve.
- Add heavy cream instead of milk if your Jello pudding isn’t thickened. It will add thick consistency. But milk is a readily available element for this recipe.
- To get some tropical twist on your recipe, you can add coconut milk (canned) rather than simple whole milk. This milk is rich in flavor.
- Mixing the instant chocolate pudding pie powder into the milk should be precious. Not too much or too little you should apply. Or else your mixture will be either watery or hard.
- Using a whisk rather than a traditional spoon to mix the pudding powder and milk will bring a smoother result.
It’s great to make the Jello pudding pie recipe at home. Making it at home will offer an instant solution. And you can serve it cold. On scorcher summer days, having this pudding pie cake will lessen your anxiety about hot weather.
Not only that, you need not spend much time preparing its ingredients. As a result, making the pudding pie will take less time than the other cake-type recipe. Also, you don’t have to bake it for hours. Indeed, it requires no baking.
All it entails is refrigerating. Although it takes a pretty lengthy time to refrigerate, still it’s time-saving.