J Alexander’s is an American restaurant that is popular for its wood-fried cuisine. It’s a contemporary restaurant in America. For the food quality and also for taste, you can rely on this restaurant for both. All its recipes are delicious and J Alexander’s MAC and cheese recipe has no difference.
When you taste J Alexander’s MAC and cheese, it’s not about any ordinary MAC and cheese recipe. It comes with a creamy texture and delicious taste. If you try this recipe at home, you can. It’s easy to make with a few of the simple ingredients. So, let’s check out the recipe guide.
As You Read On
- 1 J Alexander’s MAC and Cheese Ingredients
- 2 How to Make J Alexander’s MAC and Cheese?
- 3 Best Side Dishes to Serve With
- 4 J Alexander’s MAC and Cheese Recipe
- 5 Conclusion
J Alexander’s MAC and Cheese Ingredients
Ingredients that yiuy require to cook this recipes are as follows-
Cheddar Cheese (1 Cup)
In the MAC and cheese recipe, cheddar cheese plays better than any other cheese. It melts quickly and mixes with the food with ease. So, we’ll take 1 cup of cheddar cheese.
Gruyere & Mozzarella Cheese (¾ Cup Each)
If you want to give your MAC and cheese a nutty flavor with a creamy texture, you must apply the gruyere cheese. You need ¾ cup of this cheese. Besides, you need ¾ cup of mozzarella cheese.
Salt (2 Tsp)
Adding salt to the boiling water while boiling pasta will give a nice salty flavor. So, take 1 tsp of white salt for boiling pasta and 1 tsp for adding in the sauce.
Butter (4 Tbsp)
To get a good richness and tenderness to your dish, take 4 tbsp of butter. You can take the butter as one of the key ingredients.
Flour (4 Tbsp)
You’ll also require 4 tbsp of flour. And both these flour and butter are for making the sauce. Adding flour to the sauce will allow you to make it thick.
Milk (4 Cups)
To make the sauce, take 4 cups of whole milk. It will moisten your pasta recipe and will improve the texture. You need milk to make the sauce.
Black Pepper (¾ Tsp)
Take ¾ tsp of black powder. It will make your sauce flavorful and amazing.
Nutmeg (¼ Tsp)
Take ¼ tsp of nutmeg to add to the sauce. It’s also another flavor-influencing agent. To comfort the sweet and savory flavor of the sauce, nutmeg can be the best option.
How to Make J Alexander’s MAC and Cheese?
This is how you can make this dish-
Take a bowl and take cheddar cheese, gruyere cheese, and mozzarella cheese. Now mix them all together properly.
This time, you have to boil your pasta. So, put your large saucepan with 5 cups of water. Boil the water for 5 minutes and add 1 teaspoon salt. Now add pasta to the water and cook for 10 minutes at medium-high heat. Don’t overcook your pasta. Or it will become too much rendered.
In the meantime by boiling the pasta, you can make teh sauce. So it will save you time. Now put a pan on another stove and put butter in the pan. Let the butter melt for 1 minute at low heat. After that, add flour and stir for 2 minutes to mix them well.
Once the butter and flour are mixed well, add milk to it. And keep whisking for 10 minutes. Let these three elements combine properly. Now heat off the stove. Now add nutmeg, salt, and black pepper to the sauce. Whisk properly to mix well.
Now add ¾ of the cheese mixture to the sauce milk gradually and mix properly. If you add them all at a time, the cheese won’t mix well with the milk. So, add them gradually.
This time, you’re ready to add your cooked pasta to the milky sauce. So, take the pasta and add it to the sauce. Keep mixing.
Now, transfer the mixed pasta with sauce to a baking sheet. And than sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of cheese mixture over the pasta. Then bake for 25 minutes at 365° F.
Your J Alexander’s Mac and Cheese recipe is ready. This dish is not your ordinary MAC and cheese. So, it will come with an excellent taste and flavor. This MAC and Cheese is one of the best J. Alexander’s recipes.
Best Side Dishes to Serve With
- Garlic and Lemon Roasted Broccoli
- Staffed Eggplant
- Balsamic Bruschetta
- Caesar Salad
- Potato Gunochi
J Alexander’s MAC and Cheese Recipe
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese
- ¾ Cup Gruyere
- ¾ Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 4 Tbsp Flour
- 4 Cups Milk
- ¾ Tsp Black Pepper
- ¼ Tsp Nutmeg
- Mix cheddar cheese, gruyere cheese, and mozzarella cheese
- Put a large saucepan with 5 cups of water. Boil the water for 5 minutes and add 1 teaspoon salt. Now add pasta to the water and cook for 10 minutes at medium-high heat
- In the meantime, put a pan on another stove and put butter in the pan. Let the melt for 1 minute at low heat. After that, add flour and stir for 2 minutes to mix them well
- Add milk, nutmeg, salt, and black pepper to the sauce. Whisk properly to mix well
- Now add ¾ of the cheese mixture to the sauce milk gradually
- Take the pasta and add it to the sauce
- Now, transfer the mixed pasta with sauce to a baking sheet. And then sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of cheese mixture over the pasta
- Bake for 25 minutes at 365° F
- Your J Alexander’s Mac and Cheese recipe is ready
- You can use any type of cheese. However, mozzarella cheese, gruyere cheese, and cheddar cheese are the basic elements to make J. Alexander’s recipes
- Mixing shrimp or mushroom with the pasta will make it different
- You also can add chopped parsley to the MAC and cheese right before serving
As Mac and Cheese can be a wonderful main dish, you also can serve it as a side dish. It’s a versatile dish that you can serve at any of your preferred times. It can be served even as a delicious dessert. It depends on how you like it to serve.
To make J Alexander’s MAC and cheese recipe, you no longer have to go for expensive ingredients. Also, this recipe requires no hard-to-find cooking elements. All you need to arrange 3 types of cheese, butter, and flour. And all of them are pretty pantry ingredients.
You May Also Like: