Adding more vegetables to the menu gets priority when you want to ensure more nutrition. In this regard, 15-bean soup is one of the most common nutritional dishes.
To make a good mixture of 15 beans, you need not go for a separate collection. Store-bought packets of 15 beans from Hurst Brand are a time-saving and ideal solution.
You’ll get your 15 beans ready in different colors and sizes, making your way easier. However, if you don’t know how to make the Hurst 15 bean soup recipe, here we are.
With this ready-made seasoning packet, we’ll add a few more spices and herbs to make it delicious. You’ll enjoy being with us if it’s your first time trying. So, don’t skip this guide!
As You Read On
Hurst 15 Bean Soup Ingredients
Your 15-bean soup will be colorful and super delicious with the combination of the following ingredients-
Water (6 Cups)
Water will be needed in 6 cups to boil the beans and vegetables.
15 Bean Mix (1 Pound)
Take a 1-pound packet of mixed soup beans, and you’ll get full of protein, vitamins, and fiber. Unpack the beans and put them in a large-size bowl. Put the bowl in the fridge and soak them in water overnight.
Parsely (⅓ Cup)
Parsley can be used as toppings and also can use to add flavor. Take ⅓ cup of freshly chopped parsley.
Vegetable Oil ( 2 Tbsp)
You’ll need 2 tbsp of vegetable oil. However, if vegetable oil isn’t available, use regular cooking oil. Vegetable oil will bring an additional flavor.
Green and Yellow Onions ( ½ Cup Each)
Using yellow onion is perfect. However, we’ll take ½ cup of green and ½ cup of yellow diced onion to get the flavor and to make the soup more colorful.
Garlic (1 Clove)
1 clove of minced garlic will be enough to spread flavor. For strong flavor, add 2 cloves.
Diced Carrots & Celery (3 Each)
Take 3 carrots and 3 celery. Wash, peel, and dice them nicely.
Paprika (½ Tsp)
To make our 15-bean soup a bit more extraordinary, we’ll add smoked paprika. Since it’s smoked paprika, you need a little amount. In this case, ½ tsp is sufficient.
Cumin & Oregano (1 Tsp)
Take 1 tsp of cumin and 1 tsp of oregano for an instant savory creation. They also have some nutritional facts. For instance, the anti-inflammatory of oregano will help prevent infection, if any.
Cider Vinegar ( 2 Tsp)
You’ll also need 2 tsp of cider vinegar to brighten up the soup.
Cayenne /Black pepper (⅓ Tsp)
Take cayenne pepper of ⅓ tsp just for a light flavor
Salt ( 2 Tsp)
Take 2 tsp of salt primarily. After tasting the soup add more if required.
How to Make A Bean Soup?
Here’s how easily you can make the 15-soup recipe-
Take out the beans from the refrigerator and drain the water. Rinse them well using fresh water and keep them aside to be warm.
Put your pan on the stove and put vegetable oil in. This time add diced onion and minced garlic and saute for 5 minutes at medium heat. Ensure the onion and garlic look brown.
Now add diced celery and carrot to the pan and keep stirring for 5 minutes. Let them soften well.
It’s now time to add your 15 beans to the pan and saute them for 5 minutes. Add 6 cups of water once the beans are mixed with carrot and celery.
Keep them boiling for 10 minutes at medium-high heat. After that, you must decrease the heating level to medium-low and keep simmering the beans for up to 80 minutes. Keep stirring and ensure the beans aren’t getting stuck on the bottom of the pan.
Now add the remaining elements like parsley, pepper, cumin, oregano, paprika, and salt. Stir properly and mix them well. You’ll have to simmer the mixture for another 20 minutes at the same heating level.
The mixture will begin to be thicker and softer.
This time, you need to taste whether the salt is perfect. If not, add according to your taste.
Add the apple cider vinegar to the bean soup and it will brighten the soup with more flavor and taste. Your soup is ready to serve.
|Best Side Dishes||Best Toppings|
|Cheese Jalapeno Cornbread||Shredded Chadder|
|Light and Fresh Arugula Salad||Sour Cream|
|Tatar Tots||Greek Yogurt|
Hurst 15 Bean Soup Recipe
- 6 Cups Water
- 1 Pound 15 Bean Mix
- ⅓ Cup Parsely
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- ½ Cup Green and Yellow Onions Each
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 3 Diced Carrots & Celery
- ½ Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Cumin & Oregano
- 2 Tsp Cider Vinegar
- ⅓ Tsp Cayenne/Black pepper
- 2 Tsp Salt
- Take out the beans from the refrigerator and drain the water. Rinse them well using fresh water and keep them aside to warm.
- Put your pan on the stove and put vegetable oil .
- Add diced onion and minced garlic and saute for 5 minutes at medium heat.
- Now add diced celery and carrot to the pan and keep stirring for 5 minutes.
- It’s now time to add your 15 beans to the pan and saute them for 5 minutes.
- Add 6 cups of water once the beans are mixed with carrot and celery.
- Keep them boiling for 10 minutes at medium-high heat.
- Decrease the heating level to medium-low and keep simmering the beans for up to 80 minutes.
- Now add the remaining elements like parsley, pepper, cumin, oregano, paprika, and salt. Stir properly and mix them well.
- Simmer the mixture for another 20 minutes at the same heating level The mixture will begin to be thicker and softer.
- Taste whether the salt is perfect. If not, add according to your taste.
- Add the apple cider vinegar to the bean soup.
- Your soup is ready to serve.
- After refrigerating the leftovers, the soup can taste muted because salt will be absorbed. In this case, you need to add 1 or 2 tsp of more salt while reheating.
- Adding 3 tbsp of cornstarch and water can help to thicken the soup.
- If you use an airtight jar or container while storing, you can store it for up to 3 days.
No matter whether you’re vegetarian or non-vegetarian. The Hurst 15 bean soup recipe is a perfect dish for all. You can make it either with only vegetables or with a combination of meat and vegetables. It’s also an ideal food item for kids as contains lots of minerals, protein, iron, and vitamins.
In a word, 15-bean soup is a good package of all-in-one nutritional facts. You can serve it as an anytime appetizer. Also, it’s an absolute side dish for lunch or dinner.
More Recipe Ideas: