The pecan pie is as ordinary as other recipes and tastes so normal. However, when it’s about the Dear Abby pecan pie recipe, you’ll get a flaky and buttery taste. The reason why this recipe tastes so good is the combination of its ingredients.
Besides taste, it also serves some significant nutritional facts. Dear Abby pecan pie consists of a rich filling of caramel. So, its soft and moist texture will amaze you. And making this content at home will help you get a quick recipe idea.
The creator of this delicious dish is Abigail Van Buren. She published this recipe guide in her Dear Abby column. So, we’ll guide you to make this recipe based on the direction of her original recipe.
As You Read On
- 1 Dear Abby Pecan Pie Recipe Ingredients
- 2 How to Make the Dear Abby Pecan Pie Recipe?
- 3 Best Toppings
- 4 What Types of Pie Crust Do You Need?
- 5 Dear Abby pecan pie recipe
- 6 Conclusion
Dear Abby Pecan Pie Recipe Ingredients
You’ll need the following ingredients to make your delicious Dear Abby recipes-
Pie Crust (9 Inches Unbaked)
To pour the pie filling, take 9ʺ unbaked pie crust.
Butter (⅓ Cup)
Butter creates a crispy, flaky, and sturdy pie crust. Therefore, you must apply butter while making pie. Take ⅓ cup of Abby’s pecan butter.
Pecans (1 Cup)
The ingredient that will bring the crunchy and sweet texture is the pecans. So, take pecans 1 cup to spread over the pie filling.
Light Brown Sugar (1 Cup)
Using light brown sugar will add more flavour than the regular one. Also, it won’t overpower the pie filling. So, we prefer taking brown sugar of 1 cup.
Corn Syrup (1 Cup)
You must apply corn syrup to hold the pie filling fixed and tight together. It acts like glue to hold the filling tight. It will work with the beaten eggs and helps the filling appropriately set.
Salt and Vanilla (1 Tsp Each)
1 Tsp of salt will be enough to make a slightly salty flavor. Also, you’ll need 1 tsp of vanilla. Because vanilla acts as the principal flavor component in the Peakan pie.
If you add eggs, it will create robust stability within the batter. Eggs help in thickening the batter and adding moisture to the pie. Thus, you’ll need 3 beaten eggs to make this pie recipe.
How to Make the Dear Abby Pecan Pie Recipe?
Make this pie recipe in the simplest way-
Preheat your oven to 350° F.
Take a round shape bowl and add butter. Let it soften, and then add corn syrup. Mix them well. This time, you need to add brown sugar and mix properly.
Add salt, vanilla, and eggs when these ingredients are mixed well. Continue stirring. Using the electric mixer to put all the ingredients together is better.
Take a round shape aluminium bowl once the mixture gets thickened. Now put the pie crust evenly on your entire bowl. Ensure the crust sticks to the bowl sides properly and isn’t getting off.
Pour the pie filling on the pie crust and spread the cup of pecans on top of your pie filling. Spread evenly.
It’s now time to bake your pie crust. So, put the aluminium bowl in the oven and bake for 45 minutes. Check out whether the centre of the cake is set. You can poke a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is ready.
Let the cake cool for 5 minutes. Your pecan pie is ready to serve with your favourite topping. Just cut into your preferred size and serve.
Whip cream is the best topping for serving pecan pie cake. And the velvety chocolate ice cream can be the best side dish.
What Types of Pie Crust Do You Need?
If you don’t want to be hassled making your pie crust, buy the store-bought crust. But pie crust comes in different types and shapes. It’s significant to understand which one to pick.
5 Types of Pie Crust
There are different types of pie crusts. Here are the most common 5 types-
- Bottom Shell Crust
- Deep-Dish Crust (in today’s recipe, we’ve used the store-bought bottom-dish crust)
- Puff Crust
- Filo Crust
- Flaky Crust
- Short Crust
Although the pie crusts have particular flavors, it never changes the pie taste. So, based on your preference, you can choose any of these types. There’s no wrong going with any of them.
Dear Abby pecan pie recipe
- ⅓ Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Pecans
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Corn Syrup
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 3 Eggs
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Take a bowl and add butter. Let it soften, and then add corn syrup. Mix them well.
- This time, you need to add brown sugar and mix properly.
- Add salt, vanilla, and eggs when these ingredients are mixed well. Continue stirring.
- Take a round shape aluminum bowl once the mixture gets thickened.
- Now put the pie crust evenly in a bowl. Ensure the crust sticks to the bowl sides properly and isn’t getting off.
- Pour the pie filling on the pie crust.
- Spread the cup of pecans on top of your pie filling.
- Put the aluminum bowl in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Let the cake cool for 5 minutes.
- Your pecan pie is ready to serve with your favorite topping.
- Just cut it into your preferred size and serve.
- If you chop the pecans, they will be more crunchy. Also, it will bring the cake a classic look.
- Everyone likes spreading the pecans on the pie crust and filling. But stirring the chopped pecans with pie filling will give another crunchy taste.
- Using a tart pan to make the dear Abby pie will be your best choice. It will get the cake in excellent shape.
- Always focus on the centre to understand whether the pie is baked. If the centre is runny, it requires a few more minutes to be baked.
It doesn’t require to be finished instantly. You can have the slices of your pie at different times. And you also can refrigerate it for days. The Dear Abby pecan pie recipe has a versatile serving aptitude. You can either serve it cold right after getting it from the fridge or reheat and serve it hot. Pretty Incredible!
However, to get the accrual taste of the original recipe, you must apply all the ingredients precisely. The measurement should be accurate while making the Dear Abby pecan pie recipe.
You May Like This Recipe Also: