When you have salt, flour, egg, and milk, you have everything to make a quick delicious snack. And this is the waffle we are talking about. If you wonder how to cook better homes and gardens waffle recipe, here’s the complete guide. Everyone can make this easy-to-make recipe.
Waffles are usually made of plenty of milk, sugar, and butter that make them properly caramelized. Therefore, it tastes more than any other store-bought cakes. Its soft and crispy texture will give a good feel while having it. This recipe is a perfect solution for morning or evening snacks. Also, it works well as a quick appetizer.
So here’s the guide on waffle recipe with egg whites for the die-hard waffle fan. Go to your kitchen and get the ingredients ready in minutes. And prepare your favorite mouthwatering waffle.
As You Read On
- 1 Know About the Better Homes and Gardens Waffle Recipe
- 2 How to Make Home Waffle: A Step-by-Step Guide
- 3 Toppings
- 4 How to Make the Oh Boy Waffles Healthy
- 5 Better Homes and Gardens Waffle Recipe
- 6 Conclusion
Know About the Better Homes and Gardens Waffle Recipe
Makin waffles with flour, salt, milk, and egg is possible unless you have no other ingredients in your kitchen. However, we will share more ingredients to make it crunchy and crispy. Let’s check them out-
All Purpose Flour (1 ½ Cups)
1 ½ cups of flour will be enough to make this recipe for 6 people. If you take more, you must increase the amount of other ingredients accordingly.
You need 2 eggs to make your favorite dish
Sugar (2 Tablespoons)
Depending on your preference, sugar can be more or less. We prefer taking 2 tablespoons of sugar. But using honey will include an extra flavor than sugar.
Butter (2 Cups)
It’s not mandatory to use butter if you haven’t. Using cooking oil will be alright too. However, if it’s cooking oil, take ½ cup or 2 cups of butter (Melted). But try using butter than cooking oil. It will make the waffle tastier.
Milk (1 Cup)
Take 1 cup of milk.
Baking Powder (1 Tablespoon)
To make the waffle fluff perfectly, 1 tablespoon of baking powder will be the right amount. It’s a must-use ingredient for waffles.
Vanilla Esscense (1 tsp)
And the last ingredient you need is 1 tsp of vanilla. Also, you need ¼ tsp of salt.
How to Make Home Waffle: A Step-by-Step Guide
The easiest recipe to prepare and also to cook is the waffle. Because it’s the recipe that requires no clumsy steps to follow or rare ingredients to collect. Here’s how to prepare it-
Take a saucepan or bowl and take flour and sugar in it. Now mix them well.
Add baking powder and salt. Mix all these four ingredients properly. Ensure the mixture is smooth.
Now take a jar or mug and put the eggs. After that, you need to add butter/ cooking oil, vanilla essence, and milk. Now mix them until incorporated well.
At this point, pour this liquid mixture into the bowl of a dry mixture of flour and sugar. Mix them properly. Now your batter is perfectly ready to cook.
Take the batter to your waffle maker. Turn the waffle maker on and brush oil on both parts of the waffle maker (upper means the lid and lower). Now close the lid of the waffle maker.
Preheat the waffle maker to 375°F. It will sound like a beep while ready, so wait until you hear the beep sound.
Once you hear the beep, your machine is ready. So, take the batter and pour ¾ cup of batter each time onto your preheated waffle maker. Bake each piece of waffle for 5 to 6 minutes.
Cook each waffle until they become golden brown. Make sure you’re not overcooking.
Your waffle is ready when it gets crispy and golden outside with a soft inside. Make 5 more waffles with the rest of the batter and enjoy.
You can use two types of toppings on your waffles, and these are-
For drizzle topping, use caramel sauce, fruit syrup, honey, hot fudge sauce, and maple syrup. Choose anyone to drizzle according to your taste and flavor.
Peanut butter works as the best spread topping on waffles. Still, you can use cream cheese, whipped butter/cream, Nutella, yogurt, or marshmallow.
How to Make the Oh Boy Waffles Healthy
Although the oh boy waffles are a quick and tasty recipe, it’s not healthy for daily consumption. But adding some additional ingredients can make it healthy for your kids.
Use Whole Wheat Flour
Using whole wheat flour can increase its nutritional value. Because it’s high in fiber. So, this food item can help your digestive system work properly.
Add Vegetables to the Batter
You can also add some vegetables to enhance the nutrition level in the waffles. It will also make the recipe healthy rather than the regular ones.
Focus on Healthy Toppings
Use the toppings of fresh fruits and vegetables to make them healthier. Fruits toppings such as berries and grated carrots. Add according to your choice.
Reduce the Sugar Level
If the sugar level of waffles remains low, it won’t harm health. Adding cardamon or cinnamon to your batter will easily reduce the sugar level. So, you also can follow this trick.
Better Homes and Gardens Waffle Recipe
- 1 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Cups Butter
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- Take flour and sugar and mix well in a bowl
- Take eggs, milk, vanilla, and baking powder and mix well in a mug
- Now pour that liquid mixture into the dry mixture of flour and sugar
- Ensure the mixture is mixed properly and creates a great batter
- This time turn on the waffle maker and brush some cooking oil
- Preheat the waffle maker at 375°F
- Now pour ¾ cup of batter to make one waffle each time
- Bake for 5 to 6 minutes each of the waffle
- Serve/ eat with your favorite toppings
- Don’t panic if the batter comes out of the waffle maker. It’s normal and happens if the batter takes a bit more time to hot.
- Add butter in an accurate measurement, or else your waffles won’t get enough crispy.
- Make the batter as much thinner as possible.
- Making the waffler batter hours before making it will get a good texture.
- Don’t serve or eat a frozen waffler. Reheat right before eating.
- Using cornstarch will surely make your waffles crispy. And the baking powder makes it brown. However, cornstarch and baking powder together will make your waffles lightweight. So, if you want to make them lightweight, go for this secret.
Waffle is the top choice for all-age food lovers. It comes in handy for anytime snacks for the morning or evening. But, if you haven’t the store-bought waffles, you can quickly make the better homes and gardens waffle recipe.
Incredibly, each waffle requires only 4 to 6 minutes being prepared. So, when you’re rushing to meet your kids’ appetite, go for this buttermilk waffle mix recipe.