Jhonny Carino’s is one of the most famous Italian restaurants which comes with its headquarters in Austin. Surprisingly, Johnny Carino’s has more than 70 branches in the US. This world-class restaurant is popular mainly for its well-served Italian-based cuisine.
If you reside near any of the Jhonny Cariono’s branches, you must check out their bowtie fastible recipe. It’s one of the top-ordered recipes in the Johnny Carino’s. It’s famous because of its delicious taste.
This dish is made of a combination of tomato sauce, pasta, chicken, and bacon. If you don’t find any branches nearby, here’s the homemade Johnny Carino’s bowtie festival recipe guide.
As You Read On
- 1 Johnny Carino’s Bowtie Festival Ingredients
- 2 How to Make Johnny Carino’s Bowtie Festival?
- 3 Best Side Dishes to Serve With
- 4 Johnny Carino’s Bowtie Festival Recipe || A Delicious Dinner Recipe
- 5 Conclusion
Johnny Carino’s Bowtie Festival Ingredients
You need a bit more ingredients to make this delicious festival pasta recipe compared to the regular pasta recipe. And these are as follows-
Bowtie Pasta 3 Cups)
It’s a pasta-based recipe where you require pasta as the main ingredient. So, take 3 cups of bowtie pasta. You can increase or decrease the amount considering the serving size.
Bowtie pasta is a perfect ingredient to make a good combination of sauces, chicken, and vegetables. It’s also called butterfly pasta due to its shape.
Skinless Chicken Breast (1 Pound)
The real taste comes out with the grilled chicken pieces and sauces. So, you need plenty of chicken pieces for this recipe. Taking 1 pound of chicken breast will be perfect. Cut them into small bite-sized pieces. Wash well and keep them aside in a bowl.
Butter (8 Tbsp)
Adding butter to the recipe will make a good emulsification with the sauces. And it will also give a good texture. So, you must use butter than any other fat. Here, to make this recipe, you are required to have 8 tbsp of butter.
Olive Oil (1 Tbsp)
Using olive oil rather than any other regular cooking oil will make a good flavor. You need only 1 tbsp of olive oil.
Sliced Mushrooms (½ Cup)
You’ll get a high amount of protein in your recipe if you add mushrooms. Because mushrooms are a great source of protein content. Mushrooms come with 23.80g/100g of protein with an average value (Dry Weight). So, take ½ cup of sliced mushrooms for your bowtie festival recipe.
Sundried Tomatoes (¼ Cup)
Tomatoes come as a base of the pasta recipe. You either can use sundried tomatoes or Roma tomatoes. We’ll use sundried tomatoes because of the richness of minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants. It will also spread a nice flavor to your Bowtie recipe.
Green Onion (½ Cup)
Take fresh green onion of ½ cup. Chop them into thin pieces. Green onion will make the dish look colorful and bring a nice flavor.
Heavy Whipping Cream (2 Cups)
Adding whipping cream will make the dish creamy and thick. It will also taste good. You need 2 cups of whipping cream for this recipe.
Paprika (2 Tsp)
For two special purposes, you need to add paprika to your dish. It will add heat in the first phase. And also will bring a nice color. To make the dish look more attractive and delicious, paprika can work 100 on 100. So take 1 tsp of paprika. Adding more will make the dish extra heat. So, add accordingly.
Romano & Parmesan Cheese (¼ Cup Each)
Parmesan cheese is one of the most traditional ingredients for Italian cuisine. It adds an extraordinary flavor. Take ¼ cup of parmesan cheese. Also, you need Romano cheese of ¼ cup.
Blend Seasoning (2 Tsp)
Use any brands of seasoning. It will be required to season the chicken breasts. Take 2 tsp of seasoning.
Black Pepper Powder (1 Tsp)
The purpose of adding black pepper is to enhance the flavor. So, take 1 tsp of this spice.
How to Make Johnny Carino’s Bowtie Festival?
Here’s how easily you can make your favorite bow tie noodle pasta. Since you’ll use chicken, you can call it spicy bow tie chicken pasta dish as well.
Let’s start off your recipe by cooking and draining the pasta. So, put a pan on the stove at medium-high heat. And add water of 5 cups and let the water boil. Once it starts boiling, add pasta and cook for 5 minutes at medium-low heat. Continue stirring occasionally.
Once the pasta is cooked properly, you must drain it well. Use a strainer to drain the water from the pasta well.
Now take the bowl of chicken pieces and season the chicken with blended seasoning. Keep it to rest for 15 minutes.
Now put another pan on the stove and give 2 tbsp of butter and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Let the butter melt at medium heat. Add chopped mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, green onion, paprika, salt, and pepper when the butter is melted well. Continue stirring and mix well.
Keep cooking for 10 minutes. After that heat off the stove and keep the cooked tomato and mushrooms aside for later use.
This time, you need to put your pan on the stove again. Wash the pan before using it and clean the previous cooking stuff. Now put 2 tbsp of butter and let it melt at medium-low heat. Take the bowl of marinated chicken and put it in the melted butter. Cook the chicken pieces for 5 minutes.
Transfer the chicken to a bowl after 5 minutes of cooking.
It’s now time to make the sauce. So, put your skillet and add butter. This time, add the butter of 4 tbsp and let it melt well. Add the heavy whipping cream, salt, and pepper. Allow the sauce to come to a boil and it will take 10 minutes.
After that, turn off the stove. Now add parmesan cheese and Romano cheese. Stir them to mix.
Once the cheese is mixed, turn the heat on again and add cooked vegetables and fried chicken. Mix them up and ensure all the stuff is well mixed.
Now heat on the stove to complete your dish. You must keep the heat low.
Once you mix the vegetables and chicken, you are all set to add the drained bowtie pasta. Add the pasta and mix properly. Ensure the pasta is covered with teh sauce well.
This time, cover up the skillet and cook for 10 minutes. Keep the heat low. Or else, the recipe will burn.
Your Johnny Carino’s bowtie festival recipe is ready to enjoy. You need no further toppings or side dishes to have this recipe. Still, it depends on your preference if you want to add anything to it.
Best Side Dishes to Serve With
Although different types of side dish go well with this pasta recipe, the salad types of dishes goes the best. Here are some of the good examples-
- Kale Caesar Salad
- Tomato and Caprese Salad
- White Bean Salad
- Pesto Green Salad
- Balsamic Bruschetta
- Garlic Lemon Roasted Broccoli
- Tomato Sauce
- Chili Sauce
Johnny Carino’s Bowtie Festival Recipe || A Delicious Dinner Recipe
- 3 Cups Bowtie Pasta
- 1 Pound Skinless Chicken Breast
- 8 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ Cup Sliced Mushrooms
- ¼ Cup Sundried Tomatoes
- ½ Cup Green Onion
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tsp Paprika
- ¼ Cup Romano
- ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tsp Blend Seasoning
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- Boil 5 cups of water at medium-high heat
- Add pasta and cook for 5 minutes
- Drain the cooked pasta and keep aside
- Now season the chicken pieces with blend seasoning. Keep them to rest for 15 minutes
- Put another pan on the stove and give 2 tbsp of butter and 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Add chopped mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, green onion, paprika, salt, and pepper when the butter is melted. Mix them well and cook for 10 minutes
- Transfer the cooked mushroom and tomatoes and keep them aside
- Now put 2 tbsp of butter and let it melt at medium-low heat
- Cook the marinated chicken in the butter for 5 minutes
- Transfer chicken to a bowl and keep aside for later use
- Put your skillet on the stove and add butter to make sauce
- Add the butter of 4 tbsp and let it melt well. Add the heavy whipping cream, salt, and pepper. Boil for 10 minutes
- After that, turn off the stove. Now add parmesan cheese and Romano cheese. Stir them to mix
- Once the cheese is mixed, turn the heat on again and add cooked vegetables and chicken
- Add the pasta and mix properly
- Cover up the skillet and cook for 10 minutes at low heat
- Your bowtie dish is ready to enjoy
- Spreading the tomato sauce or chili sauce as toppings will increase the taste
- You can spread some chopped jalapeno on the top to get extra heat. Add jalapeno only if you like heat
- Chili flakes are the nicest element to increase flavor. You either can spread it as a topping or add the vegetables
- Adding cream cheese will make your dish more thick and delicious
- Adding chopped carrot, green onion, red capsicum, and yellow capsicum are the key ingredients to make your dish look more colorful
Cooking Johnny Carino’s bowtie festival recipe at home is easy if you know the process. We’ve shared the easiest way to make it within a short while. If you have the necessary ingredients, you can make it anytime at home.
This delicious pasta recipe is versatile. It’s a perfect dish for weekend dinner and again for small arranged parties. Also, it’s well servable as an appetizer.