Paula Deen’s Lemon Pound Cake recipe is great for classic desserts. It’s soft, fluffy, and sweet but also sour. It is quite easy to make too. If you’re familiar with Paula Deen, you know that her baked goods are top-notch. Her sour cream and lemon pound cake recipe is one example. It has a strong sour taste with lemon and sour cream, but the sugar balances it out.
Anyone can follow this recipe and have a tasty treat to share. This cake is not only simple to make, but it also tastes delicious. Check out our step-by-step instructions below and learn how to easily make this pound cake recipe.
- 2 Know About Your Ingredients:
- 3 How to Make Paula Deen Lemon Pound Cake:
- 4 Paula Deen Lemon Cream Cheese Pound Cake Recipe
- 5 Paula Deen Lemon Pound Cake Recipe
- 6 Final words:
Know About Your Ingredients:
Flour: 2 cups of all-purpose flour. Flour is an essential element in the production of all baked goods.
Sugar: 1½ cups of granulated sugar. White sugar is the same thing as granulated sugar.
Egg: 2 large eggs. Eggs provide structure, rise, creaminess, colour, and flavour to baked goods.
Butter: 1 cup of unsalted butter, softened. The addition of butter can enhance the taste of food.
Salt: ¾ teaspoon of salt. Salt helps hide other flavours while also bringing balance to the sweetness.
Baking powder: ½ teaspoon of baking powder. Baking powder gives baked goods a soft, fluffy texture.
Milk: ½ cup plus 4 tablespoons of whole milk, divided. Milk gives baked goods flavour, colour, and protein in addition to adding moisture to the batter or dough.
Lemon zest: 2 teaspoons of lemon zest. Zest is the bright yellow layer outside a lemon that can be cut or scraped off.
Lemon extract: 1 teaspoon of lemon extract. Lemon extract is a flavour created by soaking lemon peels in alcohol.
Sugar: ½ cup of confectioner’s sugar. Powdered sugar, also known as confectioners’ or icing sugar, is granulated sugar ground into a fine powder.
Whipped cream: Sweetened whipped cream. Heavy liquid cream should be whisked or mixed until thick enough to hold its shape, then whipped.
Strawberries: Sliced fresh strawberries. The incredibly ripe strawberry taste is wonderfully sweet and slightly sour.
How to Make Paula Deen Lemon Pound Cake:
Step 1: Turn the oven to 325°. Spray cooking spray on an 8-by-4-inch loaf pan.
Step 2: In the bowl of a stand mixer with a hand blender, cream the butter and granulated sugar on medium speed for two to three minutes or until light and fluffy. Slowly add the eggs, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
Step 3: Mix the flour, salt and baking powder in a big bowl. Whisk together ½ cup plus 3 tablespoons of milk, lemon zest, and extract in a small bowl.
Step 4: Beat in the flour mixture, half a time, to the butter and sugar until just mixed. Repeat with the milk mixture. Spread batter in prepared pan.
Step 5: Bake for about 1 ½ hours or until a wooden pick comes clean. Leave the pan alone for 10 minutes to cool. Take out of the pan and let cool on a wire rack.
Step 6: Whisk the confectioner’s sugar and 1 tablespoon of milk. After the cake cools, spread the filling and add lemon zest. Add some whipped cream and strawberries on the side.
Paula Deen Lemon Cream Cheese Pound Cake Recipe
Lemon cream cheese pound cake Paula Deen is a moist, decadent springtime treat glazed in sweet lemon. This pound cake with cream cheese is one of Paula Deen’s best-known recipes. It’s probably a recipe similar to the one you already have for pound cake. It’s so delicious!
Know About Your Ingredients:
1 ½ cups of softened, plus ½ cup of melted butter
1 (8 oz) package of softened cream cheese
3 cups of sugar
½ teaspoon of almond extract
3 cups of all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon of baking powder
6 large eggs
12 ripe pitted and thickly sliced plums
For serving, honey
For garnish, fresh mint
How to Make Paula Deen Lemon Cream Cheese Pound Cake:
Step 1: Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray and flour a 10-inch fluted tube or bundt pan.
Step 2: Beat 1 ½ cups butter and cream cheese on medium-high until creamy. Beat sugar until fluffy. Beat in the extract.
Step 3: Mix flour and baking powder in a bowl. Stir 1/3 of the flour mixture into the butter. Add 2 eggs and mix well. Use the remaining flour mixture and eggs twice. Fill the pan with batter.
Step 4: Bake for 1 hour or until a wooden pick comes clean. Cover the cake with aluminium foil for the last 10 minutes of baking if required. Allow the pan to cool for 10 minutes. Take out of the pan, then let cool on a rack.
Step 5: For the plums: Spray the grill rack with cooking spray that won’t stick and won’t catch fire. Set the grill’s heat to medium.
Step 4: Brush plum slices with melted butter. Grill the plums for 2 minutes per side.
Step 5: Served with grilled plums. If desired, decorate with honey and mint.
Paula Deen Lemon Pound Cake Recipe
- 2 Cups All-purpose flour
- 1½ cups Granulated sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 Cup Unsalted butter Softened
- 3/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 Cup Whole milk
- 2 Tsp Lemon zest
- 1 Tsp Lemon extract
- 1/2 Cup Confectioner's sugar
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Set oven to 325°. Spray an 8-by-4-inch loaf pan.
- Mix butter and sugar for 3 minutes in a standing mixer with a hand blender. Mix well after each egg addition.
- Mix flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl. Mix milk, lemon zest, and extract in a small bowl. Mix flour mixture into butter and sugar, then milk. Put batter in pan.
- Mix confectioner's sugar and milk. Spread filling on cooled cake and sprinkle with lemon zest. Add strawberries with whipped cream. Serve it.
- You can try using a floured, no-stick baking spray, but greasing and flouring the pan is the safest way to ensure your pound cake comes out easily.
- For best results, all of the ingredients should be at room temperature. This helps make sure the texture is light, airy, and fluffy. Room-temperature ingredients will also whip together more efficiently.
- Don’t mix too much after adding the dry ingredients, or your cake may be too dense.
- The flour and cream are mixed in with the lemon juice at the end of the recipe. This keeps the batter from getting lumpy, which could ruin the texture of the finished cake.
- In addition to the glaze for pound cake Paula Deen slices are also delicious topped with glossy Blueberry Compote!
- The mixture will ruin if you beat each egg for more than a minute each time.
- Don’t set your mixer’s speed higher than medium.
Paula Deen’s sour cream pound cake is a soft and tasty cake that will satisfy your cravings. It has a crumbly texture and sweet and delicate flavours. You can make this cake even more delicious by sprinkling powdered sugar.
If you follow this cake recipe, you will have a delicious cake every time. So, try this easy lemon pound cake recipe today!
You May Also Like: