The New Heaven Style Pizza ignites the regional rivalries of the New Heaven city. It’s a tremendously popular fast food in and around New Heaven. The specialty of its popularity is the different baking systems.
This pizza comes with a thin crust. And it’s traditionally baked in a coal-fired oven through extremely high temperatures. Due to the unique spicy taste, it comes into everyone’s envisions in the first phase before all other pizza types.
Surprisingly, you can make this amazing pizza recipe at home following only a few techniques. And in this article, you’ll learn how to make a New Haven-Style pizza recipe effortlessly.
As You Read On
- 1 New Haven-Style Pizza Ingredients
- 2 How to Make New Haven-Style Pizza?
- 3 Best Side Dish to Serve With
- 4 New Haven Style Pizza Recipe || Enjoy A Unique Bite
- 5 Conclusion
New Haven-Style Pizza Ingredients
Pretty more ingredients you’ll require to make this pizza recipe. Therefore, dividing the ingredients into two parts will help you be stressless and mess-free. Put all the ingredients together that you need for pizza topping.
And put separate the rest that you need for making the pizza crust. Here’s how to divide them-
Let’s arrange the elements for topping first-
Fresh Calms (¾ Cup)
To make the recipe more delicious and tasty, take ¾ cup of fresh calms. Calms are very healthy to add to this pizza recipe.
Fresh Parsley (1 Tbsp)
Parsley leaves have been making the dish flavorful and tasty since ancient eras. And the Romans and the Greeks were the primitive users of parsley. So, you also can add this herb to flavor your pizza dish. Take 1 tbsp of chopped parsley.
However, if you don’t find parsley, substitute it with coriander. Because both of these species are of the same family.
Dried Oregano (1 Tsp)
Oregano is used worldwide, considering the continental regions. It’s one of the best flavorful herbs for making pizzas more delicious. We want to use 1 tsp of dried oregano in today’s dish.
Garlic (4 Cloves)
To get a good flavor, you need to add minced garlic. So, take 4 cloves of garlic for this recipe.
Cornmeal (2 Tbsp)
To make the pizza crust, you have to roll the dough. At that time, the surface should be dusted with flour to avoid sticking with the dough. So, take 2 tbsp of cornmeal.
Parmesan (½ Cup)
It’s a full-flavored hard Italian cheese that acts as a topping agent in many dishes. Adding the parmesan will increase the taste and flavor.
Crushed Red Chili (1 Tbsp)
The red chili flakes or crushed red chili will also be a great topping. So, take ½ tbsp to use while serving your pizza.
Kosher Salt (½ Tsp)
We like to add kosher salt just because of the added flavor. You can substitute it with regular white salt as well. Take ½ tsp if it’s kosher and 1 tsp for white salt. Kosher salt comes with a bit more salty flavor than regular salt. Thus, you shouldn’t take the same amount.
Shredded Mozzarella (¾ Cup)
You need to take ¾ cup of mozzarella cheese to make a sticky texture.
Olive Oil (½ Cup)
You also need ½ cup of olive oil for the main recipe and drizzling.
All-Purpose (2 ¼, & 1 Cups)
The primary ingredient to make the pizza dough is flour. Take 2 ¼ cups of all-purpose flour to make the dough and 1 cup for kneading and sprinkling on the crust-rolling surface.
Dry Yeast (1 ½ Tsp)
To make the best new haven pizza, take 1 ½ tsp of active dry yeast.
Kosher Salt (1 Tsp)
Take 1 tsp of kosher salt. You shouldn’t substitute it with white sugar.
Sugar (1 Tsp)
For a sweet taste, 1 tsp of sugar will be required in this recipe.
Olive Oil (3 Tbsp)
Here, you’ll require 2 tbsp of olive oil to make the dough and 1 tbsp to brush the bowl.
Warm Water (¾ Cup)
Take ¾ cup of warm water at a minimum of 110° F temperature. Maintaining the temperature is a must-do job to make an ideal dough.
How to Make New Haven-Style Pizza?
In the simplest way, we’ll share how to make new haven style pizza at home-
Preheat the oven to 650° F and adjust the rack
In the very first step, you should make the pizza dough. So, mix together the sugar, yeast, and warm water. Keep whisk for 1 minute to activate the yeast. Keep the bowl aside if the mixture is mixed well, and let it set for 10 minutes. It will be foamy after 10 minutes.
Take another bowl and mix together the salt and flour. Now check out the whether the yeast mixture turned into a foamy texture. If so, add this to the flour mixture and mix well. Your dough is ready to knead.
This time, transfer the dough to a flour-dusted surface and knead for 10 minutes. Give an elastic texture by kneading your dough. Your dough will also become smooth.
NB: Try using a dough maker to make the dough. It will help you make the dough more effortlessly ad accurately.
Now, take another bowl and brush it with olive oil. Now put the dough in the bowl and wrap it with plastic paper. Set it aside for 2 hours and let the dough double.
In the meantime, go for making your topping. In a bowl, take garlic, oregano, olive oil, and chopped clams along with the drained juice from calms. Keep mixing them. Refrigerate the mixture until you need it the next.
This time, you have to make the pizza crust ready. So, take the dough and keep rolling it on the flour-dusted surface. Make the crust with a 14-inch length. Now place it on the baking sheet. Before that, dust the baking sheet with flour. Spread enough flour on the baking sheet to slide back and forth trouble-free.
Top the dough with mozzarella cheese and then spread the calms mixture over the cheese. Spread them evenly all over the dough. Now spread the parmesan and then salt on top of the calms mixture. Now top the crushed red pepper and parsley.
It’s now time to bake your pizza for 10 minutes. Keep drizzling the olive oil halfway.
Your Connecticut-style pizza is ready to serve. Now, you can serve this Connecticut pizza to any special occasion as well.
Best Side Dish to Serve With
- Buffalo Wings
- Jalapeno Poppers
- Mozzarella Sticks
- Green Beans
- Spicy Onion Rings
- Caesar Cheese
- Chicken Soup
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Baked Potato Salad
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Naked Chicken Wings
- Tomato Basil Soup
New Haven Style Pizza Recipe || Enjoy A Unique Bite
- ¾ Cup Fresh Calms
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Parsley
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Cornmeal
- ½ Cup Parmesan
- 1 Tbsp Crushed Red Chili
- ½ Tsp Kosher Salt
- ¾ Cup Shredded Mozzarella
- ½ Cup Olive Oil
- 2 ¼ & 1 Cups All-Purpose
- 1 ½ Tsp Dry Yeast
- 1 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ¾ Cup Warm Water
- Preheat the oven to 650° F and adjust the rack.
- Mix together the sugar, yeast, and warm water and whisk for 1 minute to activate the yeast.
- Keep the bowl aside for 10 minutes.
- Take another bowl and mix the salt and flour. Add the yeast mixture to the flour mixture and mix well.
- Transfer the dough to a flour-dusted surface and knead for 10 minutes.
- Now take another bowl and brush it with olive oil. Now put the dough in the bowl and wrap it with plastic paper. Set it aside for 2 hours.
- Now, go for making your topping. In a bowl, take garlic, oregano, olive oil, and chopped clams along with the drained juice from calms. Mix them well.
- Refrigerate the bowl until you need it the next.
- This time, you have to make the pizza crust ready.
- So, roll the dough on the flour-dusted surface and make a pizza crust with a 14-inch length.
- Place the dough on the baking sheet.
- Top the dough with mozzarella cheese and then spread the calms mixture over the cheese.
- Now spread the parmesan and then salt on top of the calms mixture.
- Top the crushed red pepper and parsley next.
- Now bake the pizza for 10 minutes. Keep drizzling the olive oil halfway.
- Your pizza is ready to serve.
- Add 50% water compared to the amount of flour while making your pizza dough. It will give the best perfection.
- If you add the baking powder to warm water, your pizza dough will rise nicely.
- Don’t use the dough before resting for at least 1 hour.
- Over-kneading will stop the dough from rising.
- Pepperoni cheese, sausage, and tomato make the topping tastier.
- Garlic ranch sauce, white garlic sauce, pesto, marinara sauce, and Hummus are the best sauce to use in the pizza topping.
The New Haven Style pizza recipe gained popularity among Italians and Americans. And it has been the most popular item worldwide over the 1st half of the last 100 years, which means the century.
If you didn’t taste this mouthwatering New Haven Style pizza yet, you must try it. And making this pizza is so easy, and you can make it without any prior experience.