When you want an easy and instant snacks for kids, you must go for the dirt cup recipe. It’s a kind of dessert that you can prepare with only five ingredients available in your kitchen cabinet.
This dirt cup recipe includes cookie crumbs, pudding mix, and gummy worms. These three are the key ingredients to make this dessert item. However, you can include or exclude the ingredients for flavor and your preference.
Among all other flavors, the chocolate flavor is the most popular one as it’s the kid’s food item. So, we’ll show you how to make the dirt cup recipe with chocolate flavor.
As You Read On
Dirt Cup Ingredients
Only 5 dirt cup ingredients you need to prepare this dish. And all these elements will be available right in your nearby grocery store. Here’s what you’ll require-
Chocolate Instant Pudding Mix (1 Packet of 4 Ounce)
Using the ready-made instant chocolate pudding mix will save you time in making the dirt cups. You also can use the chocolate mousse, but it will be time-consuming to make. You’ll have to make it first to apply in your dirt cup recipe.
In this regard, using the store-bought chocolate instant pudding mix will make the process faster. So, take 1 packet of this pudding mix with 4 ounces of measurement.
Cold Milk (2 Cups)
The next key ingredient for the dirt cup recipe is cold milk. You’ll need 2 cups of cold milk to make this recipe. We would like to use whole milk for better taste ad texture. Because whole milk will give a creamy texture that you cannot get from non-dairy milk.
Chocolate Sandwich Cookies (1 Packet of 16 Ounces)
You must add some toppings to your dirt cups. And, for the toppings purpose, there are plenty of ingredients you can use. We’ll use 1 packet of crushed chocolate sandwich cookies of 8 ounces.
It will add a crunchy texture and extraordinary flavor that your little ones love. You also can use other types of cookies for toppings according to yoru preference.
Gummy Worms (1 Packet)
It’s optional to add gummy worms to your dirt cups. Gummy worms act as excellent toppings that appear to be coming out of the mud. It brings a natural look to the dirt cups that create interest among kids to eat with play.
However, adding this topping is completely optional, and you can either add or skip it. We like to add 2 or 3 gummy worms to each cup.
Whipped Toppings (1 Container of 8 Ounces)
For the topping purpose, you’ll also need 1 container of frozen whipped topping. It adds a different appearance and unique taste that’s amazing for kids.
How to Make Dirt Cups?
Surprisingly, you need only two steps to make this amazingly tasty dish. Here’s the easiest way to make your dirt cups-
In a bowl or jar, take the milk and instant chocolate pudding mix. Now whisk them together for 5 minutes constantly. And let them thicken and mix well.
This time, add the whipped frozen topping and stir them together. When mixed properly, add ½ crushed pudding mix into the liquid mixture. Your dirt cups are ready. Now you need to pour them into the cups and add topping.
Take eight small baby-size glasses and give 1 spoon of crushed cookies in each glass. Now pour the liquid in them with ¾ amount in each glass. And, then take your remaining crushed cookies and top over the pudding mixture.
Add gummy worms on top. Place the glasses of dirt dessert in your fridge for 1 hour. Your dirt cups of dessert are ready to serve.
Side Dish to Serve With
You don’t have to serve any side dish to serve with this delicious snack’s dessert. Kids like to eat this dessert without any side dish. Still, you can serve the followings-
- Cube Sized Fruits
The Extra-Special Dirt Cup Recipe for Kids
- 1 Packet Chocolate Instant Pudding Mix Equals to 4 ounces
- 2 Cups Cold Milk
- 1 Packet Chocolate Sandwich Cookies Equals to 16 ounces
- 1 Packet Gummy Worms
- 1 Container Whipped Toppings Equals to 8 Ounces
- Mix together the milk and instant chocolate pudding mix.
- Whisk them for 5 minutes constantly and let them thicken.
- Add the whipped frozen topping, and stir them together.
- Add ½ crushed pudding mix into the liquid mixture.
- Put 1 spoon of crushed cookies in each glass. Now pour the liquid in them with ¾ amount in each glass.
- Now, take your remaining crushed cookies and top over the pudding mixture.
- Add gummy worms on top.
- Refrigerate the glasses of dirt dessert for 1 hour.
- Your dirt cups are ready to serve.
- Adding cheese cream to the pudding mixture makes the dirt dessert more delicious.
- Yogurt is one of the best toppings to top right before serving.
- If your pudding mixture doesn’t get thickened, add 1 tbsp of cornstarch or starch.
- Don’t remove the dirt cups from your fridge before 1 hour. And you must check out whether the pudding mixture sits properly. If not, refrigerate them for half an hour more.
Kids always like instant snacks that can make them charm. In this case, the dirt cup recipe is one of the easiest and quickest recipes you’ve ever tried. It takes only a few minutes to make the mixture. And, the rest 1 hour you need is for simple refrigeration. So, by spending a little time and ingredients, you can get a big result.
Kids love this delicious dessert as it comes with eye-catchy gummy worms toppings. Also, topping the cups with creamy pudding or cheese is another attractive way to grab kids’ attention.