Better Homes & Gardens has been serving dishes since 1928. However, this magazine was launched in Des Moines in 1922. It’s been 100 years, this Test Kitchen has been experimenting to develop dishes for home cooks. It’s a go-to resource magazine that comes with food and recipe ideas.
One of the precise and experimented snacks is the pancake of Better Homes and Gardens. Make this Better Homes and Garden pancake recipe at home. It’s healthy for all ages.
To serve or enjoy a delicious pancake recipe, you can try this one. It won’t require much effort. And, all the instructions are straightforward. So, let’s begin!
As You Read On
- 1 Better Homes and Garden Pancake Ingredients
- 2 How to Make Better Homes and Garden Pancakes?
- 3 Best Side Dishes & Toppings
- 4 Better Homes and Garden Pancake Recipe || Most Delicious Dish
- 5 How to Make Pancakes from Scratch?
- 6 Conclusion
Better Homes and Garden Pancake Ingredients
Almost all the ingredients are similar to regular pancake ingredients. Here’s what you need-
Eggs (6 Large)
To make this dish, you require 6 large eggs. You can decrease the number if making for small servings.
Cottage Cheese (16 Oz)
To add a creamy, soupy, and heterogeneous texture, apply cottage cheese. It’s a curdled milk item that delivers a mild flavor. Take 16 oz of cottage cheese.
Honey & Butter (2 Tbsp Each)
Instead of adding sugar, honey will bring extra flavor. You need 2 tbsp of honey for this recipe. Besides, you require to take 2 tbsp of melted unsalted butter.
Vanilla (2 Tbsp)
When you make any kind of cake or waffle recipe, you must add vanilla for added flavor and taste. This pancake recipe from Better Homes & Gardens also requires vanilla. Take 2 tbsp of vanilla extract.
Lemon Zest (1 Tsp)
Adding lemon zest to the pancake recipe will offer a savory taste. Taking the lemon zest is so easy and you can simply do it with a greater. Take 1 tsp of lemon zest for your today’s pancakes recipe.
Flour (1 ½ Cups)
You cannot make the pancake without flour. Take all-purpose flour of 1 ½ cups. Other types of flour will also be suitable for this recipe.
Baking Powder (1 Tsp)
The pancake recipe requires baking powder to get a good rise. Baking powder helps in an ideal fermentation. And it leads to a great rise in the cakes. Only 1 tsp of baking powder you need for this pancake dish.
Baking Soda (1 Tsp)
Both the baking powder and baking soda are the leavening agents. But the baking soda is 3 times stronger compared to the baking powder. So, taking 1 tsp of baking soda will be perfect.
Salt (½ Tsp)
To get a slightly salty flavor, you can add ½ tsp of salt.
How to Make Better Homes and Garden Pancakes?
The easiest way to make the Better Homes and Garden pancake is as follows-
Take the eggs and crack them in a bowl. Now beat the eggs using a spoon. Beat them properly so that it comes into a foamy texture.
when the eggs are beaten well, add other ingredients to them. Add cottage cheese, honey, butter, vanilla, and lemon Zest. Now mix them all properly.
Once you finished mixing the honey lemon zest, and other ingredients, add the next elements. Mix baking soda, baking powder, flour, and salt. Keep stirring until the batter becomes well moistened. However, your batter will be slightly uneven.
Your batter is ready, Now you have to go for the next step.
This time grease your griddle. Greasing with a non-stick spray is highly preferable to crushing oil. So, we’ll use the spray to grease the griddle and preheat it.
Now take your prepared batter and pour ¼ cup of batter for one cake.
You can bake 6 cakes at a time. Cook for 10 minutes.
Flip up the cakes while bubbling and also the edges are slightly dry. Ensure both sides become brown.
Your Better Homes and Garden pancake recipe is ready to serve. Top with berries and syrup and serve. You can apply any of your favorite toppings.
Best Side Dishes & Toppings
You’ll get plenty of items that go well with this pancake recipe. Also, there are numbers of toppings items to apply-
|Best Side Dishes to Serve With
|Best Toppings to Apply
|Blue Berry Syrup
Better Homes and Garden Pancake Recipe || Most Delicious Dish
- 6 Eggs Large
- 16 Oz Cottage Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Honey & Butter Each
- 2 Tbsp Vanilla
- 1 Tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 ½ Cups Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- ½ Tsp Salt
- Beat the eggs in a bowl
- Add cottage cheese, honey, butter, vanilla, and lemon Zest with the beaten eggs and mix
- Add, baking soda, baking powder, flour, and salt. Continue stirring to mix
- This time grease your griddle with a non-stick spray
- You can bake 6 cakes at a time
- Cook for 10 minutes
- Flip up the cakes while bubbling and also the edges are dry
- Your recipe is ready to serve
- Keep the ingredients measurement accurate. If you add one ingredient more and another one less, your Garden pancake won’t get a good result.
- Adding Milk in 1 cup will enhance taste and flavor
- Don’t apply medium heat or high heat. Always apply low heat
- The sooner you eat/ serve the tastier the flavor will be
How to Make Pancakes from Scratch?
Pancakes that are made from scratch do taste not as sweet as regular pancakes. But these pancakes come with a vanilla flavor.
- All-Purpose Flour- 1 ½ Cup
- Salt- ¼ tsp
- Baking Powder- 1 Tsp
- Sugar – 2 Tbsp
- Dairy Milk- 1 ¼ Cups
- Vanilla Extract- 1 Tsp
- Melted Butter (Unsalted)- 5 Tbsp
- Egg- 1
How to Make Pancakes from Scratch?
- Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a bowl
- Mix slightly warm milk, butter, vanilla extract, and egg in another bowl
- Heat the skillet at medium-low heat
- Mix the flour mixture and milk mixture altogether
- Spray the skillet with melted butter
- Now pour ¼ cup of batter at a time and cook for 5 minutes each side
- Ensure both sides are golden brown
- This way make all the pancakes with your remaining batter
- Your pancakes from scratch are ready to serve and enjoy
Better Homes and Garden pancake recipe is an experimental dish. And, it ensures taste and flavor. If you can apply the right ingredients with accurate measurements, your pancake recipe will be super delicious.
It’s an amazing snack or dessert item to serve at parties, Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any other special day. Also, serving them during tea time will allow you to make it more fun.