When you enlist any of the Santa Fe Grande pepper recipes in your dinner or lunch menu, it doubles the amusement of meals. There are some popular Santa Fe Grande pepper recipes that you can try to change your menu.
From Santa Fe stuffed peppers to pickles, salad, salsa, and many more items you can make with Santa Fe. And today, we’ll introduce you to the Santa Fe Grande pepper stuffed recipe.
Having this dish will help you reduce macular degeneration. The stuffed Santa Fe pepper recipe can also protect you from chronic diseases. So, let’s try making this dish.
As You Read On
- 1 Santa Fe Grande Pepper in Brief
- 2 Santa Fe Grande Pepper Stuffed Ingredients
- 3 How to Make Santa Fe Grande Pepper Stuffed Recipe?
- 4 Best Side Dish to Serve With
- 5 Santa Fe Grande Pepper Recipes
- 6 How to Grill Red Peppers?
- 7 Conclusion
Santa Fe Grande Pepper in Brief
The Santa Fe Grande pepper is a species from the Capsicum Annuum family. This species is found in the southwestern part of the US. The plant of this species comes with 24-inch long.
And the Santa Fe pepper appears in greenish yellow before it matures. After that, it turns orange-yellow and then red gradually. It tastes sweet and mildly hot. The flavor of the santa fe chili pepper can vary from mild to moderate.
However, the taste is never compared with the traditional hot agent like jalapeno or regular green chili. A single plant of Santa Fe typically produces about 50 chili pepper in the life cycle.
Santa Fe Grande Pepper Stuffed Ingredients
Although the Santa Fe Grande Pepper stuffed recipe is the most tender and exclusive, it requires only six easily-found ingredients. And these are-
Santa Fe Grande pepper (6)
You need 6 Santa Fe Grande peppers that should be roughly the same size while chopping. You shouldn’t chop like a giant one and a tiny one. It will make your recipe appears unattractive.
Take 6 pieces of Santa Fe Grande pepper and wash them. You can take different colors like yellow, red, and orange. It will make the recipe look colorful and mouthwatering. Cut the pepper following the pictures below-
Shrimp (200 Grams)
Take 200 grams of shrimp and wash them nicely. After that, chop the shrimp into small pieces. We’re going to make a stuffed pepper recipe. So, all the ingredients, like shrimp and bacon, should be smaller and of the same size.
Bacon (3 Slices)
Wash the bacon and chop them into small pieces like the shrimp. Keep the bowl aside.
Onion (⅓ Cup)
Take an onion and chop it into small pieces like the bacon and shrimp. Now take ⅓ cup of that chopped onion for today’s recipe.
Salt & Black Pepper (1 Tsp)
Black pepper will add an exclusive flavor and taste to your recipe. So, take 1 tsp of black pepper and 1 tsp of salt.
Cheese (1 Cup)
You need 1 cup of cheese to top the stuffed Santa Fe Grande pepper. It will increase the taste and make your recipe more delicious than the regular one.
How to Make Santa Fe Grande Pepper Stuffed Recipe?
Only 4 steps you need to go through. It’s extremely easy a stuffed recipe that requires only 30 minutes to cook. So, follow the cooking instructions below-
Put a skillet on the stove and brush it with cooking oil. Give the bacon and let them saute for 5 minutes at medium-low heat. Once the bacon is sauteed well, add onion and keep stirring. Make sure the onion and the bacon aren’t burnt. Let the onion and bacon saute for another 5 minutes.
At this stage, you’ll have to add shrimp and saute for 5 more minutes at the same rate of heat. Now add salt and black pepper and keep mixing.
Your sauteed filling is ready. Let it cool for 10 minutes.
Now, take the chopped Santa Fe Grande peppers without core and pour the cooked shrimp mixture. Put them on a serving dish and top with cheese. Put the dish of Santa Fe Grande Peppers in the oven and let them bake for 20 minutes at 350° F.
Your dish is perfectly ready to serve with your favorite side dish.
Best Side Dish to Serve With
- Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread
- Fried Potatoes
- Sauteed Broccoli
- Potato Wedges
- Chrispy Zucchini
- Baked Brussel Sprouts
- Roasted Bean Salad
- Green Chicken Salad
- Rosemary Mushrooms Rice
- Cauliflower Fried Rice
Santa Fe Grande Pepper Recipes
- 6 Santa Fe Grande pepper
- 200 Grams Shrimp
- 3 Slices Bacon
- ⅓ Cup Onion
- 1 Tsp Salt & Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Cheese
- Brush oil on your skillet and put bacon in it.
- Let the bacon sauté for 5 minutes at medium-low heat.
- Add onion and keep stirring for another 5 minutes.
- This time add shrimp and sauté for 5 more minutes at the same rate of heat.
- Now add salt and black pepper and keep mixing.
- The Santa Fe stuffed recipe filling is ready. Let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Now take the chopped Santa Fe Grande pepper without core and pour the cooked shrimp mixture in.
- Top them with cheese and bake for 20 minutes at 350° F.
- Your dish is perfectly ready.
- Some people like cooking the Santa Fe chili stuffed recipe without salt as it has a sweet taste. But sprinkling or adding salt increases the taste and won’t make your recipe bland. Adding salt helps Santa Fe pepper to transform its sweet and savory taste into a powerful and rich taste.
- To increase the taste, you can add soya sauce while making the shrimp mixture.
- When you overcook/bake the peppers, they will become mushy. So, don’t go for overcooking or baking. All you need is to make sure the peppers are tender.
- You also can top the peppers with grated mozzarella, herbs, or tomato sauce instead of just the cheddar cheese.
- If you don’t want to serve right, just put the filled peppers in your fridge until you need them to serve. And bake before serving.
How to Grill Red Peppers?
If you missed another grilled red pepper at your BBQ party, no worries. It will take only 20 minutes to make this recipe. Here’s how to grill red pepper-
- Large Red Chili- 10
- Salt- 1 Tsp
- Minced Garlic- 1 Tsp
- Chopped Parsley – 1 Tsp
- Black Pepper- 1 Tsp
- Olive Oil- 2 Tnsp
Ways to Grill
- Preheat the grill at medium-high heat.
- Slice each chili pepper into half.
- Season the peppers with salt, olive oil, and black pepper powder. Don’t pour the oil just directly. Brush the oil into each pepper.
- Place the peppers on the grill and let them grill for 10 minutes. Flip up each of the pepper halfway. Make sure all the peppers are tenderized well.
- Remove them from the grill.
- This time, wrap each pepper in foil paper and let them cool for 10 minutes. This wrapping method will soften the skin of the peppers and easier your way to skin them off.
- Remove the skin and seed slowly and ensure the peppers aren’t breaking.
- Drizzled them with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and minced garlic.
- Your chili pepper grill recipe is ready.
- Enjoy Your BBQ Party!
All types of Santa Fe Grande pepper recipes are very good for health. Today’s Santa Fe Grande pepper stuffed recipe will offer a high amount of Vitamin B12, A, B6, and C. Moreover, this recipe will fill the deficiency of iron and fiber.
You can keep this recipe on the list, especially while having dinner. It’s a delicious game-changing recipe that everyone, from kids to adults, will appreciate.
However, since the Santa Fe Stuffed pepper is a heating spice, you shouldn’t keep this recipe on your menu more than twice a week. It can make your stomach aches.