When you’re crab to try a new dish with incredible taste, try the O Charleys rolls recipe. With fewer ingredients and comparatively less time, it’s easy to make this dish.
To make this recipe, you need not take anyone’s help. You can make this all alone. Anyone from beginner to expert can make it. Try these rolls in the evening tea time. It will make your tea time more fun.
Also, these are great items for serving indoor parties. Check out our recipe guide to make your homemade O Charley’s rolls recipe.
As You Read On
- 1 O Charley’s Rolls Ingredient
- 2 How to Make O Charley’s Rolls?
- 3 Best Side Dishes to Serve With
- 4 O Charley’s Rolls Recipe || Make More Fun in Your Tea Time
- 5 Conclusion
O Charley’s Rolls Ingredient
The obvious ingredients that you require to make this dish are as follows-
Bread Flour (3 Cups)
To make this recipe, no specific flour is suggested, However, we like to use bread flour. Bread flour contains high protein. Most importantly, it’s made especially for the yeasted recipes. Bread flour will make your rolls more chewy, rubbery, and soft. So, take 3 cups of bread flour.
Lukewarm Milk (1 Cup)
Adding milk to your yeasted dish will make it perfectly moisturized. Milk helps keep the rolls free from being crumbly or dry. It will keep the rolls tender and softer. You need 1 cup of lukewarm milk for today’s recipe.
Brown Sugar (¼ Cup)
These rolls will not be too sweet. Just to add a light sweet flavor, you can add only 1 tbsp of sugar. Adding more will make it a sweet-flavored recipe. So, don’t add more than 1 tbsp. Adding brown sugar will make the roll an extra brown color. But, it’s not that fixed. You can use the regular white sugar as well.
Yeast (½ Ounce)
One of the key ingredients of this recipe is yeast. You need ½ ounce of yeast to get an ideal fermentation.
Egg (1 Large)
Only 1 egg will be required for this recipe. Eggs will play a good leavening role in this yeasted baked recipe. So, your rolls will get a rich texture.
Unsalted Butter (½ Cup)
For richness, tenderness, and a good structure, you must apply butter. Your butter should be unsalted and also melted. Keep the butter at room temperature for 10 minutes before you apply.
Salt (¼ Tsp)
To bring a salty flavor, you also require ¼ tsp of salt.
How to Make O Charley’s Rolls?
With quite a few steps, it’s totally trouble-free to make the O Charleys rolls.
Take a large bowl and pour milk in it. Add egg, sugar, salt and yeast. Mix them well.
Once the yeast mixture is ready, add flour gradually. Continue stirring to make the dough. This time you need to make dough with your hands. It will be faster. Don’t add all your flour at a time.
Now take the dough on the surface and mix a little oil. Adding oil will allow the dough not to stick to the surface or your hands. Now keep kneading them until become soft and stretchy.
Now take another bowl and rub a little oil in it. Then put the dough in it. Cover the dough with foil paper, aluminum paper, or glass paper and let it rise for 40 minutes.
After 40 minutes of resting, unwrap the dough. And fold it on the surface as same as in the image below. Then divide the dough into eight equal parts.
It’s now time to make the dough balls. Rub the divided dough into your palms and make balls as you see in the image.
The balls are ready to bake. Now take the baking sheet and put the balls separately. Press the balls lightly to make them flattened.
Now cover the flattened balls and let them rise for 40 minutes more.
Take a small bowl and mix 1 2 tbsp of milk and sugar together. It will require brushing the ball’s surface before baking. It will take an oily texture to the balls.
You’re almost near. Uncover the balls and brush them with the milk mixture. After that, sprinkle ⅓ tsp of sesame on each ball.
NB: In the original recipe, the sesame isn’t applied. So, it’s optional. You can add or skip.
Bake the rolls at 350° F for 30 minutes. Your dish is ready. Now brush melted butter over the buns just to make them softer and increase the taste. Cover with a kitchen towel for 15 minutes.
Uncover the rolls and they are perfectly ready. Serve your favorite O Charley’s rolls and enjoy.
Best Side Dishes to Serve With
- Tomato Sauce
- Meat Sauce
- Dipping Sauce
- Sloppy Joes
- Milk Shake
- Red Wine
O Charley’s Rolls Recipe || Make More Fun in Your Tea Time
- 3 Cups Bread Flour
- 1 Cup Lukewarm Milk
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Ounce Yeast
- 1 Large Egg
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- Mix milk, egg, sugar, salt, and yeast in a large bowl
- Add flour gradually. Continue stirring to make the dough
- Now take the dough on the surface and mix a little oil
- Keep kneading the dough until becomes soft and stretchy
- Take another bowl and rub a little oil in it. Then put the dough in it and cover it with glass paper for 40 minutes
- Unwrap the dough and fold it on the surface
- Unwrap the dough and fold it on the surface
- Rub the divided dough into your palms and make balls
- Take a baking sheet and put the balls separately on the sheet
- Press the balls lightly to flatten them
- Now cover the flattened balls and let them rise for 40 minutes more
- Take a small bowl and mix 1 2 tbsp of milk and sugar together
- Uncover the balls and brush them with the milk mixture
- After that, sprinkle ⅓ tsp of sesame on each ball (It’s optional in the original recipe)
- Bake the rolls at 350° F for 30 minutes. Your dish is ready
- Now brush melted butter over the buns just to make them softer and increase the taste
- Cover with a kitchen towel for 15 minutes
- Uncover the rolls and they are perfectly ready to enjoy
- You can have these rolls as burger buns
- Excessive rising will make your rolls hard. So, you have to let the dough rise for accurate timing
- Keep your kneading measurable. Don’t go for excessive kneading. It won’t allow the rolls to become fluffy
- Also, if the dough gets less kneading, the rolls won’t fluffy
- The o’charley’s roll calories are low. So, it’s healthy for all ages
If you get stuck with your regular dinner menus, take a quick addition. And, it can be with the O Charley’s rolls recipe. It’s a perfect dish for a light dinner or lunch. What’s more, the O Charley’s rolls are well servable in tea time as well.
If you’re a proud mom or dad, can serve them for your kids’ school tiffin. These O Charley’s rolls are a great way to make kids happy.
You Might Also Enjoy: