Macaroni Grill is one of the most famous restaurants in the US. It’s the sub-branch of the Italian restaurant Romano’s Macaroni Grill. It’s mostly popular for American-Italian serving dishes. You’ll like making the Macaroni Grill chicken scaloppine recipe if you like pasta. They prepare this recipe applying exclusive ingredients to enhance its taste.
Scaloppine is the Italian cooking style. And scaloppine means a thin slice of chicken. So today, we’ll share how the chicken scallopini dish is made in the Macaroni Grill. Luckily, this item will require all the common elements.
And you’ll find them readily available in your nearby grocery shop. So, don’t be stressed about managing your scaloppine recipe ingredients. We’ll guide you all the way.
As You Read On
- 1 Macaroni Grill Chicken Scaloppine Ingredients
- 2 How to Make Macaroni Grill Chicken Scaloppine?
- 3 Best Side Dishes to Serve With
- 4 Macaroni Grill Chicken Scaloppine Recipe
- 5 Conclusion
Macaroni Grill Chicken Scaloppine Ingredients
The following ingredients you’ll need while making this chicken scaloppine recipe-
Butter (1 Quarter Cup)
When taking 1 quarter cup of butter, keep it on a plate and let it soften in a room temperature.
Chicken Breast & Lemon Slices (2 Pieces for Each)
Take the 2 skinless and boneless chicken breast pieces. You’ll also need 2 pieces of lemon slices. Your chicken scaloppine should be thin. So, put the breasts on your cutting board and slice them in half long ways.
And cover them with plastic wrap. Now flatten them using your meat mallet. However, don’t beat the chicken pieces too hard.
Paprika & Salt Pepper (2 Tsp)
You can take more or less than our mentioned amount, depending on your preference. But, we will take 2 tsp of paprika and 2 tsp of salt pepper.
Garlic (1 Minced Clove)
Only 1 garlic clove we’ll take for a slight garlic flavor. Taking more can make the recipe strong. So, 1 clove is perfect.
Mushrooms (4 Ounces)
It’s optional to use mushrooms in your recipe. However, adding this ingredient will increase the taste. Chop them into small and thin slices.
Capers (20 Pieces)
To boost the savoury flavor, you can apply 20 pieces of capers. Its lemony flavor will taste different from the regular macaroni scaloppine recipe. If you don’t find this ingredient nearby, use 2 tablespoons of lemon juice instead.
Chicken Stock & White Wine (1 Cup Each)
You’ll need 1 cup of chicken stock and 1 cup of white wine.
Fresh Parsley (1 Tbsp)
Take 1 tbsp of fresh and chopped parsley.
Green Beans (50 Grams)
Take 50 grams of greens with the ends trimmed. Wash and slice them into small pieces.
Thick Bacon (6 Slices)
You have to cut these 6 slices into more small pieces.
Onions (3 Small Sizes)
Take 3 onions and slice them into small pieces.
Plain Flour (1 Cup)
You’ll need 1 cup of plain flour to coat the chicken breast.
How to Make Macaroni Grill Chicken Scaloppine?
Here’s how you can make this effortlessly-
Take the beaten chicken breasts and coat them in flour. Coat each side properly.
Put your frying pan on the stove at medium heat. Now put olive oil in 1 cup. Let the oil warm for 1 minute. Put the chicken pieces when the oil is perfectly warm. Soak them for 3 minutes. Flip up them midway. Now place them on an aluminium foil sheet to absorb extra oil.
Wrap the chicken pieces with the sheet and place them in your oven at 175°. It’s because of keeping them warm until your next use.
Now, you need to go to make the sauce. This time, put the sliced mushrooms in the pan of olive oil. Keep stirring for 5 minutes. Let them coat with oil properly. Place them on a plate.
Now, get the bean ready. So, put a pot of water on the stove and bring it to a boil. Now put the beans into the boiling water and boil them for 4 minutes. Your beans are boiled.
Take a bowl of ice water and place the hot beans in the water. Cold water will ensure the beans aren’t boiling anymore.
It’s now time to cook the bacon. So, preheat a frying pan to medium-high heat. Put oil and let it warm. Now put the bacon in and make them crispy. Once they look brown on both sides, heat them off.
Wrap the bacon into a paper towel to remove the extra grease. Now place them onto your cutting board and cut them into evenly sized slices.
Now fry the diced onions in the pan for 5 minutes at low heat. Let them be brown. Take a chunk of butter and add it to the pan. Let it mix with onions. Now add the minced garlic clove. Saute for 2 minutes.
Add beans and saute them for 5 more minutes. And add bacon. Keep stirring for 5 minutes. Place them on a plate and keep them aside.
Now put the pan on the stove and put olive oil again. Add capers and saute into the oil. Add the sauteed mushrooms, wine, and caper juice. Stir them for 2 minutes.
Add the chicken stock and ½ cup of flour to thicken the mixture. Stir for 5 minutes.
And heat off.
You have to boil the macaroni in salted hot water. Bring a pot and boil ½ litre of salted water. Put the macaroni and cook them for 6 minutes. Your dish is almost ready.
Take a serving plate and keep some parsley on the corner and 2 lemon slices to make it look good and colorful. Now put 3 tbsp of macaroni. Put 3 slices of chicken scaloppine on top of the macaroni (add more pieces if you want).
Now on another side of the plate, put the green sauteed beans. Put the sauce over the macaroni scaloppine (a sauce that you made with chicken stock). Sprinkle some dried parsley over the entire dish. You’re Done!
Best Side Dishes to Serve With
- Italian Artichoke Salad
- Cheesy Mashed Potatoes
- Brown Butter Gnocchi
Macaroni Grill Chicken Scaloppine Recipe
- 1 Quarter Cup Butter
- 2 Pieces Chicken Breast
- 2 Pieces Lemon Slices
- 2 Tsp Paprika
- 2 Tsp Salt Pepper
- 1 Minced Clove Garlic
- 4 Ounces Mushrooms
- 20 Pieces Capers
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock
- 1 Cup White Wine
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Parsley
- 50 Grams Green Beans
- 6 Slices Thick Bacon
- 3 Small Sizes Onions
- 1 Cup Plain Flour
- Take the chicken breasts and coat them in flour.
- Put your frying pan on the stove at medium heat and put oil.
- Soak the chicken breast for 3 minutes and remove from the pan.
- Place them in your oven at 175°.
- Put the sliced mushrooms in the pan and stir for 5 minutes.
- Place them on a plate.
- Put a pot of water on the stove and bring it to boil.
- Now put the beans into the boiling water and boil them for 4 minutes.
- Take a bowl of ice water and place the hot beans in the water.
- Preheat a frying pan to medium-high heat. Put oil and let it warm. Now put the bacon in and make them crispy. Heat them off.
- Cut the bacon into evenly sized slices.
- Now fry the diced onions for 5 minutes at low heat.
- Add a chunk of butter and let it mix with onions. Now add the minced garlic clove. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add beans and saute them for 5 more minutes. And add bacon. Keep stirring for 5 minutes. Place them on a plate and keep them aside.
- Now put the pan on the stove and put olive oil again. Add capers and saute into the oil. Add the sauteed mushrooms, wine, and caper juice. Stir them for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and ½ cup of flour to thicken the mixture. Stir for 5 minutes. Heat off.
- Boil the macaroni in salted hot water. Bring a pot and boil ½ litre of salted water. Put the macaroni and cook them for 6 minutes.
- You’re Done!
- Decorate your serving dish and serve.
- Removing the bones from your chicken will make it more tender.
- Flattening the chicken breast properly will give a good texture to your scallopini.
- Adding the chicken breast in milk for 2 minutes will make it softer.
Macaroni Grill chicken scaloppine recipe is the most delicious lunch and dinner. All you need is 13 readily available ingredients to make it. And, it’ll never take more than an hour to prepare and cook.
You can make this quick recipe anytime you want. And amazingly, it’s well-storable for up to 3 days. So, making this recipe once will help you consume for 3 long days. In this case, this baked chicken scaloppine will be an ideal supportive dish on your busy days.