More or less, we all tasted the potato soup at the Machine Shed restaurant. It’s so spicy and tasty that enhanced its popularity. The Machine Shed is one of the top restaurants in the USA. However, going to restaurants each time and enjoying this amazing soup isn’t always possible.
So here, we will share the Machine shed potato soup recipe guide. Brian Pomerenk, the executive chef of Machine Shed, directs this recipe. It’s easy and perfect for anyone who tries for the first time.
The Machine soup consists of readily available ingredients and toppings. If you can apply the right ingredients, it will be incredibly tasty and also healthy. Potatoes are a rich source of minerals. So, making it at home will bring you health benefits as well.
As You Read On
Machine Shed Potato Soup Ingredients
Making the shed potato soup requires very simple ingredients, for example-
Red Potatoes (2 ½ Cup)
Take red potatoes and dice them well. Boil them in hot water for 10 minutes. Boiling the potatoes before making your soup will save time and make the ways more accessible.
Vegetable Oil (½ Cup)
To saute the ingredients, you’ll need ½ cup of vegetables.
Raw Bacon(1 Cup)
Bacon is one of the top ingredients to enrich the flavor. It is also used to garnish other ingredients in your soup. So, you’ll need 1 cup of properly diced bacon to make this soup recipe.
All-Purpose Flour (1 Cup)
To thicken the soup, take 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
Onions and Celery(½ Cup Each)
Take ½ cup of diced onion and ½ cup of diced celery for a good flavor.
Chicken Stock (1 Cup)
Prepare 1 cup of chicken stock before making the potato soup with roux.
Black Pepper and Salt (2 Tsp Each)
For perfect seasoning, you can add black pepper to your roux. In this case, you’ll need 2 tsp of black pepper and 2 tsp of salt.
Heavy Cream (1 Cup)
Heavy cream is required to get a creamy taste and thicken the roux.
Parsley & Rue (1 Tbsp Each)
Adding rue to the soup will bring a citrus flavor. Also, we’ll add 1 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley for added color and flavour.
Ways to Cook the Machine Shed Potato Soup-
Make the baked potatoes soup recipe with the easiest method-
Put your pan on the stove at medium heat. Put the vegetable oil and let warm for 1 minute.
Add bacon and saute for 5 minutes. Let them get a light brown colour.
Add flour with the bacon grease to make the roux. Keep stirring for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat.
Put another pan and saute onion and celery with little oil for 5 minutes. Once the onion and celery are sauteed well, mix them with the bacon roux.
Now turn on the heat of the pan of bacon roux and add pre-made chicken stock. Keep stirring for 10 minutes and let the mixture comes down.
It’s now time to add black pepper ans salt. So, add them and let the soup roux season well. Adding black pepper will also bring a nice flavour. Now bring it to a boil for 5 minutes.
Add the pre-boiled potatoes to the soup roux and mix well. Keep stirring for 1 minute. This time you have to add the heavy cream and rue. Keep stirring them for 5 minutes at low heat.
Your loaded red potato soup is ready to serve. Take on a soup plate and serve with toppings you like.
|Best Toppings||Best Side Dishes|
|Finely Chopped Green Onions||Toasted Vegetables|
|Bacon Cheddar Cheese||Tostead Beans|
|Italian Parsley||Tomato Salad|
Machine Shed Potato Soup Recipe
- 2 ½ Cup Red Potatoes
- ½ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Raw Bacon
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Onions and Celery Each
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock
- 2 Tsp Black Pepper and Salt Each
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Tbsp Parsley & Rue Each
- Turn on your stove at medium heat and put the pan. Put vegetable oil and let warm for 1 minute.
- Add bacon and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add flour with the greased bacon and keep stirring for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Put another pan and saute onion and celery with little oil for 5 minutes.
- Now turn on the heat of the pan of bacon roux and add pre-made chicken stock. Keep stirring for 10 minutes.
- Add black pepper and salt, and let the roux season well. Bring it to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the pre-boiled potatoes to the soup roux and mix well. Keep stirring for 1 minute.
- This time, you have to add the heavy cream and rue. Keep stirring them for 5 minutes at low heat
- Your soup is ready to serve.
- Adding 2 tbsp of cornstarch will help thicken the soup roux.
- Cut and shape the vegetables in the same size.
- Don’t season earlier before serving.
- Scrubbing potatoes will help to remove the debris properly.
Making the Machine Shed potato soup recipe will bring many benefits. For example, it can be a quick appetizer for kids and adults. For adults, this soup recipe will assist in keeping the blood sugar level low. Also, it will help to control the cholesterol level.
This recipe is considered the ideal appetizer for kids, consisting of fatty meats, cheese, and heavy cream. However, refrigerating the potato soup isn’t a good idea. Because it can lose the creamy luster and also can be lumpy.