Winter is so special, and we all take more or less preparation to celebrate this season. And enlisting various food on the menu get the top priority for winter celebrations. If you want to celebrate the next winter differently, here’s the dish idea.
Check out the Homeroom mac and cheese recipe. The most wonderful and winter-warming dish. Homeroom is a famous restaurant in California. And the specialty of this restaurant is the more than 10 versions of Mac and Cheese dishes.
And these dishes are made-to-order dishes. So, trying the most famous Homeroom mac and cheese at home will satisfy you.
As You Read On
- 1 Homeroom Mac and Cheese Ingredients
- 2 How to Make Homeroom Mac and Cheese?
- 3 Best Side Dishes to Serve With
- 4 Homeroom Mac and Cheese Recipe || A Simple Dish to Try
- 5 Conclusion
Homeroom Mac and Cheese Ingredients
The given ingredients you need to make this creamy mac and cheese-
The key ingredient to make Homeroom mac and cheese is macaroni. You’ll need 400g to prepare today’s dish.
Cheddar Cheese (115g)
Take 115 grams of shredded cheddar cheese.
Gruyere Cheese & Mozzarella Cheese (85g Each)
You also will require 85 grams of gruyere cheese and 85 grams of mozzarella cheese.
Flour & Butter (4 Tbsp Each)
Take 4 tbsp of flour and 4 tbsp of butter.
Milk (4 Cups)
4 cups of whole milk will be required. Adding milk to the mac and cheese recipe will make it creamy and rich.
Salt (1 Tsp)
Usually, you need to add salt according to your taste. However, in this recipe, no need to add more than 1 tsp of salt.
Nutmeg & Pepper (1 Tsp)
To add flavor, you must add some flavor-influencing spices. So, pepper and nutmeg are the best. Take 1 tsp of nutmeg and 1 tsp of pepper.
How to Make Homeroom Mac and Cheese?
All the steps to make the homeroom mac and cheese recipe are effortless. Just go through the instructions and make the most mouthwatering dish of Homeroom-
Preheat your oven to 350° F (180° C).
Combine the mozzarella cheese, gruyere cheese, and cheddar cheese in a bowl. Keep the bowl aside for later use.
Put a large size saucepan with 4 cups of water. And cook the macaroni in it for 5 minutes at medium heat. (Follow the instructions given on the packet).
Make the sauce at the same time as the pasta cooking. It will save you time. So, Put another pot on the stove at medium-low heat. Give butter and let it melt. When the butter is melted, add flour and whisk for 5 minutes. Continue whisking, or the flour will burn.
Add milk gradually into the flour and let it mix properly. Let the flour and milk thicken. Keep stirring for 5 minutes.
Once the mixture is thickened enough, add ¾ of the cheese gradually and stir for 5 minutes. In these 5 minutes, the cheeses will be melted and mixed with the sauce. Now add the salt and pepper.
Take a 12-Inch round baking dish and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cheese on top. Bake the dish for 25 minutes. Ensure the dish looks golden and bubbly.
Your Dish is ready. Remove from the oven and swerve warm.
Best Side Dishes to Serve With
- Sautéed Spicy Broccoli
- Toasted Brussels Sprouts
- Sautéed Kale
- Caesar Slaw
- Ricotta Meatballs
- Fried Chickens
- Mashed Potatoes
- Potatoes Wedges
- Bake Sweet Potatoes
Homeroom Mac and Cheese Recipe || A Simple Dish to Try
- 400g Gram Macaroni
- 115 Gram Cheddar Cheese
- 85 Gram Gruyere Cheese
- 85 Gram Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 Tbsp Flour
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 4 Cups Milk
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Nutmeg & Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350° F (180° C).
- Combine all the cheeses in a bowl.
- Boil 4 cups of water on a saucepan at medium heat.
- Cook macaroni in the water for 5 minutes.
- Put another pot on the stove at medium-low heat. Melt the butter and whisk flour into the butter for 5 minutes.
- Mix milk with the flour and let the flour and milk thicken. Keep stirring for 5 minutes.
- Once the mixture is thickened enough, add ¾ of the cheese gradually and stir for 5 minutes.
- Now add the salt and pepper.
- Heat off the stove and drain the water from the pasta.
- Take a 12-Inch round baking dish and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cheese on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Your dish is ready to serve.
- Adding bacon and herbs like parsley or thyme will bring a good taste and flavor.
- There’s no specific cheese type for this dish. You can apply any type of cheese you prefer.
- Traditional Homeroom mac and cheese comes as a side dish. However, depending on your necessity, you can serve it as the main course.
The Homeroom mac and cheese recipe is an all-seasoned recipe. So, not only for winter, you can enjoy having this tasty treat anytime. However, in the winter, it brings a special feel.
It requires very less time to prepare the ingredients and also to cook. So, it can be your best side dish support ever. Making the kids happy is so easy with the Homeroom Mac and Cheese.
What’s more, the cheese in this dish will deliver sufficient protein. And the pasta comes with fiber. So, serving the classic mac and cheese recipes will be a great source of proteins and vitamins as well.