When we think about an after-dinner dessert, we visualize pudding in the first phase. And, pudding comes in various types like French vanilla pudding. It’s one of the easiest pudding recipes with the lowest cost. It requires less effort and time to make the French vanilla pudding recipe.
Besides, this recipe offers a great source of protein, minerals, and calcium. Therefore, it will contribute to your bone, teeth, and tissue building and repairing.
What’s more, eating French vanilla pudding at the end of your meal will cherish your mood. Since it necessitates very less time to prepare, you can make it even in your busy days.
As You Read On
- 1 French Vanilla Pudding Ingredients
- 2 How to Make French vanilla pudding?
- 3 Best Side Dishes to Serve With
- 4 French Vanilla Pudding Recipe || A 30-Minutes No-Bake Dessert Recipe
- 5 Conclusion
French Vanilla Pudding Ingredients
You’ll need only the eight most common ingredients for your pudding recipe. And all these are your regular cooking elements. So, you don’t have to go to stores to buy them separately for this recipe-
Whole Milk (2 Cups)
To make a pudding of any kind, you require milk and egg as the key ingredients. So, French vanilla pudding also has no difference. It also requires milk in the very first step. Take 2 cups of whole milk.
Sugar (¼ Cup)
French vanilla pudding comes with sweet and a slightly salty taste. To give the sweet taste, you need to add ¼ cup of white sugar. If you want to add more flavor, apply granulated sugar or caster sugar to your recipe.
Cornstarch (3 Tsp)
To expand and also to solidify the pudding mixture, cornstarch comes in handy. It can expand the pudding mixture up to 10 times its original size. Incredible! So, you need to take 3 tsp of cornstarch for today’s recipe.
Salt (¼ Tsp)
Since the vanilla pudding comes with a slightly salty taste, you need only ¼ tsp of salt. Adding more than ¼ tsp will spoil the taste.
Egg Yolk (2)
You need two eggs but only the yolk. No egg white you need to make the French vanilla pudding. So, takes a jar and separates the egg yolk and the white. Keep them aside.
Butter (2 Tbsp)
Take 2 tbsp of butter. You either can take the melted or unmelted butter. Butter you need to mix with the pudding mixture. It will spread a pleasant flavor in the dish.
Vanilla Extract ( 1 ½ Tbsp)
You’ll also need 1 ½ tbsp of vanilla extract to mix in the liquid. It will also give a nice texture and flavor.
How to Make French vanilla pudding?
All you need to make this pudding recipe is to mix and boil in several steps. Let’s get started-
Take a medium-sized saucepan and whisk together milk, sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Mix them properly and ensure no chunk is left from the cornstarch. Ensure the saucepan has a fairly deep bottom. It will save the milk from falling out while rising.
Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat on your stove. During boiling the mixture, you must keep a constant stirring. Or else, the milk or cornstarch can be burnt on the pan bottom. Keep boiling for 15 minutes. And when it will start thickening, turn the heat to low mode. And stir for 2 minutes more. Now heat off the saucepan.
Take the jar of egg yolk and continue stirring for 1 minute or until the yolk gets a foamy texture. It will also look like a lemony color.
Once the egg yolk looks foamy and lemony color, start adding the spoonfuls of the hot milk mixture. Keep mixing with the egg yolk.
Once you finish tempering the egg yolk with the milk mixture, mix it with the hot milk mixture.
Now put the saucepan of milk and egg mixture on the stove again. And keep stirring at medium-low heat. Continue boiling and stirring until the mixture gets thickened.
Take off the saucepan as soon as you see the first bubbles on the edge. Or else, the liquid will become extremely thickened. Now add butter and vanilla and keep whisking to combine well.
Once the butter and vanilla extract are mixed well with the pudding liquid, you need to strain the mixture. It will help remove if there’s any chunk remaining.
Now cover the bowl with foil paper or plastic and let it chill for 4 hours. Your French vanilla pudding is ready to serve.
Best Side Dishes to Serve With
- Corn Bread
- Fresh Fruits
- Baked Potatoes
- Potato Chips
- Chocolate Chips
French Vanilla Pudding Recipe || A 30-Minutes No-Bake Dessert Recipe
- 2 Cups Whole Milk
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 3 Tsp Cornstarch
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- 2 Egg Yolk
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 ½ Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- Whisk together milk, sugar, cornstarch, and salt and mix them properly
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat for 15 minutes
- Take the jar of egg yolk and continue stirring for 1 minute
- Once the egg yolk looks foamy and lemony color, start adding the spoonfuls of the hot milk mixture
- Mix with the egg yolk
- Mix the egg yolk with the hot milk mixture
- Now put the saucepan of milk and egg mixture on the stove again
- Continue boiling and stirring until the mixture gets thickened at medium-low heat
- Take off the saucepan as soon as you see the first bubbles on the edge
- Add butter and vanilla extract in the pudding liquid
- Strain the mixture on a bowl
- Now cover the bowl with foil paper or plastic and let it chill for 4 hours.
- Your French vanilla pudding is ready to serve
- Top the vanilla pudding with crushed candies will get an attractive look
- Top the pudding with chopped strawberries. It will enhance the taste of your dish
- Don’t skip the cornstarch. Because cornstarch is the thickening agent
- You can substitute the cornstarch with flour. Use the all-purpose flour
Since the French vanilla pudding recipe is easy to make, you can make it anytime. Also, it’s well storage for days. Thus, making it once will allow you to serve and enjoy for several times.
Serving this old-fashioned vanilla pudding to guests will represent your family’s excellence. This recipe is tasty as well as healthy. It’s a perfect dish for special days as well. So, you can serve this to the kids worry-free.
You May Also Like: