There is a drink called the “Greenie Drink” at Tony Jaros’ River Garden bar, made with mint and lime juice for a very rich flavour. It’s a simple Tony Jaros Greenie Recipe for Beginners with no added sugars and is naturally sweetened with fruit. It’s also full of greens and protein! This simple greenie drinkrecipe for Beginners is healthy, tastes fantastic, and is made with a few ingredients in less than 15 minutes!
This recipe is the best thing ever for your health. Every time you drink it, you feel refreshed, energised, and ready to take on the day.
As You Read On
Know About Your Ingredients:
Water: 1 ½ cups of water. Water is necessary for every step in the preparation of food.
Apple: 1 organic ripe green apple cut into chunks, core discarded. Apples taste sweet and sour, but the taste is stronger than the other.
Pear: 1 organic ripe green pear cut into chunks, core discarded. Green pears that are ripe are juicy, and their delicate sweetness suggests a zesty lemon-lime flavour.
Kale or spinach: 2 cups of organic, roughly chopped fresh kale or spinach. Kale has an earthy and robust flavour. Spinach has a mild taste, so it mixes well with other foods and adds health benefits to any meal.
Mint: 1/2 cup of organic, roughly chopped fresh mint. Mint leaves are tasty, whether raw, cooked, or in any other form.
Grape: 20 chilled green or Muscat grapes. There is a similarity in flavour between muscat grapes and lychee fruits. It tastes like a floral perfume.
Ice cube: 12 ice cubes. Small ice cubes are made in a freezer or ice maker. They are usually used to cool drinks.
Cinnamon: 3/4 tsp of cinnamon. Cinnamon can be found in savoury and sweet dishes, cereals, snacks, teas, and other traditional foods.
Stevia or agave: 1 tsp of stevia or 1 tbsp of agave nectar, or more to taste (use 1 packet of Truvia). Stevia has no calories because it is a non-nutritive sweetener. A teaspoon of agave contains more calories than sugar.
Lime: 1 lime (juiced or more to taste). Lime juice and zest will improve the flavour of fruits, vegetables, and salads.
How to Make Tony Jaros Greenie:
Step 1: Add 1 ½ cups of ice-cold water to the blender.
Step 2: Put in a few apple and pear pieces. Until it’s completely liquid, blend the ingredients. Continue adding apple and pear chunks in tiny handfuls, mixing each handful until blended.
Step 3: Add a handful of greens and mint at a time and blend until all the greens are mixed. Mix grapes, ice cubes, cinnamon, agave or stevia, and lime juice. Blend until the ice is broken up and the mixture is smooth.
Step 4: Then, serve it in the glass.
Tony Jaros Greenie Recipe
- 1 ½ Cups Water
- 1 Organic ripe green apple
- 1 Organic ripe green pear
- 2 Cups Roughly chopped fresh kale
- 1/2 Rughly chopped fresh mint
- 20 Chilled green or muscat grapes
- 12 Ice cubes
- 3/4 Tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Stevia
- 1 Lime
- Add 1 ½ cups of ice-cold water to the blender.
- Put in a few apple and pear pieces. Blend the ingredients. Add apple and pear chunks in small handfuls, mixing each.
- Blend handfuls of leaves and mint until combined. Mix grapes, ice cubes, cinnamon, agave or stevia, and lime juice. Blend until smooth and ice-free.
- Then, serve it in the glass.
- It’s not fun to chew your green smoothie. Blend your leafy greens and liquid base first to get a “smooth” green smoothie experience. Then add the rest of your fruits and mix again.
- Freeze your favourite fruits, like grapes, pineapple, berries, or ripe bananas (peel them first). A freezer-safe bag is another option for storing your greens for later use. Just make sure to put your frozen greens straight into the blender.
- If your smoothie tastes bitter or a little too “green,” add some naturally sweet fruits. Instead of using processed sugars or artificial sweeteners, try eating pitted dates, bananas, mangoes, apples, pears, or dates.
- You can make a green smoothie the night before and keep it in the fridge for up to two days. Keep it as fresh as possible by preventing oxidation with an airtight lid. Before opening it, give it a good shake to ensure it’s chilled.
This green drink recipe has a lot of protein, a good amount of fibre, and many other good things for you. It’s perfect for a quick breakfast or as a satisfying midday treat.
This simple recipe for a greenie drink doesn’t need any sweetener. The greenie is sweet enough for even the youngest members of my family to enjoy.
You May Also Like: