Paula Deen Hash Brown Casserole Recipe is easy, cheesy and totally delicious! This simple casserole is made easily with frozen hashbrowns! Slow-cooked casseroles have beautiful flavours and aromas, making them ideal winter comfort foods. With this easy way to cook, regular cuts of meat and chicken become hearty and delicious.
The natural beauty of casseroles is how easy they are to make. All you need to do is combine the prepared ingredients in a small hash brown casserole dish, cover it, and place it in the oven to cook. Slowly warming the elements with indirect heat keeps the food from sticking together and burning on the bottom of the dish.
Know About Your Ingredients:
Butter: ¼ cup-plus for dish butter. Butter enhances the flavour of almost any dish.
Onion: 1 chopped onion. Onions have different tastes and smells, such as sweet, salty, and fragrant.
Garlic powder: ½ teaspoon of garlic powder. Powdered garlic is a popular seasoning or condiment around the world.
Cream: 1 (16 oz) container of sour cream. The cream is used in many foods, including ice cream, sauces, soups, puddings, custard bases, and cakes.
Celery soup: 1 (10.5 oz) can of cream celery soup. Canned celery tastes best in recipes for celery, such as soup and stew, and pickled as a topping or in chicken salad.
Cheese: 1 (8 oz) package of shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend. Cheese is a dairy product made by coagulating casein protein in milk.
Potato: 1 (30 oz) package of thawed frozen shredded hash brown potatoes. Potatoes have a mild, earthy taste and about the same sugar as an apple.
Salt: 1 teaspoon of salt. Salt helps cover up other flavours and gives sweetness a balance.
Black pepper: ½ teaspoon of black pepper. Black pepper flavours meats, fish, vegetables, salad dressings, soups, stir-fries, pasta, and more.
Potato chips: 2 cups of crushed potato chips. Chips are a popular snack, side dish, and appetiser.
How to Make Paula Deen Hash Brown Casserole:
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Put a little butter in a casserole dish.
Step 2: In a small skillet, melt 1/4 cup of butter over medium heat. Add the onion, and cook for 3-4 minutes or until soft.
Step 3: Pour the mixture into a large bowl. Add the sour cream, cream of celery soup, cheese, garlic powder, hash browns, and salt and pepper. Combine until well blended.
Step 4: Pour the baking dish with the mixture. Crush some potato chips and sprinkle them evenly on top. Bake for 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve the hashbrown casserole with potato chip topping.
Chip Casserole Recipe
The Best Potato Chip Casserole Recipe is easy to make, tastes great, and is a family favourite. You may make this dish a side dish or a dessert by topping savoury sweet potatoes with gluten-free crumble, marshmallows, or Southern pecans. Ready in 30 minutes, this Southern Sweet Potato Chip Casserole is so easy to make! It’s a traditional southern favourite for Thanksgiving and other family meals and holidays.
Know About Your Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
1 (15-ounce) can of green beans, drained
1 (11 ounces) can whole kernel corn, drained
2 (10.75 ounces) cans of condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 (8-ounce) package of shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup crushed plain potato chips (Optional)
How to Make Chip Casserole:
Step 1: Get the oven at 350 degrees F. (175 degrees C).
Step 2: Prepare the ground beef by browning it in a large skillet over medium heat. Keep stirring and cooking until everything is nicely browned. Drain off the grease. Stir in the green beans and corn, and cook for a few minutes.
Step 3: Mix in the cans of soup until well blended. Transfer to a 9×13-inch baking dish. Mix with some crushed potato chips and sprinkle on some shredded cheese.
Step 4: To toast the chips and melt the cheese, put them in a preheated oven for about 15 minutes. After the cheese is melted, sprinkle the chips on top and bake them for 5 minutes if you want them crispier.
Paula Deen Hash Brown Casserole Recipe
- 1/4 Cup-plus Dish butter
- 1 Chopped onion
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic powder
- 1 Container Sour cream
- 1 Can Cream celery soup
- 1 Package Shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 1 Package Thawed frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Black pepper
- 2 Cups Crushed potato chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Buttered a casserole dish lightly.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour mixture into a large bowl. Add the sour cream, cream of celery soup, cheese, garlic powder, hash browns, and salt and pepper. Combine until well blended.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Top with crushed potato chips and bake for 45 minutes.
- If you love a crunchy topping, use a shallow dish because it will cook more quickly and provide more surface area for browning and crisping.
- Many of the most popular casseroles are built around cheese. To make a casserole healthier, use a small amount of light cheese or less cheese overall. Pre-shredded cheese saves time but has less moisture, so your casserole may end up drier than usual.
- Fill your casserole dish about three-quarters of the way so there is room for the ingredients to rise. If you’re worried about spills, put the casserole dish on a baking sheet before putting it in the oven. Covering a casserole with a lid or foil reduces browning and crisping on the top.
- Turn to your slow cooker to make a casserole or lasagna that looks a mile high. A slow cooker insert is similar to a heavy-duty baking dish.
Making a creamy hashbrown casserole from scratch isn’t too difficult, but some trade tricks transform even the most basic casserole into a show-stopping meal. If you follow our simple tutorial, you’ll learn the secrets to cooking delicious casseroles and how to get a head start on dinner, so it’s ready when you are.
You May Also Like: