The La Comedia Sweet Potato Souffle Recipe is one of the most popular at this local dinner theatre. This Southen casserole side dish is ideal for Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any other time you want to spice up your dinner.
The sweet potato souffle pie is probably La Comedia’s most famous dish. At the Ohio dinner theatre, this is the most popular menu item. It tastes sweet and satisfying, like a dessert. It’s perfect for the holidays or whenever you want to impress your guests at dinner.
As You Read On
- 1 Know About Your Ingredients:
- 2 How Do You Make Sweet Potato Souffle:
- 3 Homemade Sweet Potato Souffle Recipe
- 4 Souffle vs Casserole:
- 5 La Comedia Sweet Potato Souffle Recipe
- 6 Final words:
Know About Your Ingredients:
Sweet potatoes: 4 cups of mashed sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes have a naturally creamy and sweet taste.
Sugar: 1 cup of sugar. Sugar is used to sweeten, preserve, and change food’s texture, flavour, and colour.
Egg: 2 eggs. Eggs provide baked foods with structure, leavening, creaminess, colour, and flavour.
Milk: ½ cup of milk. Milk gives baked goods moisture, colour, and flavour and adds protein.
Salt: ½ teaspoon of salt. It has a strong taste. It makes things smell stronger and taste more balanced.
Butter: ⅓ stick and ⅓ cup of melted butter. It gives desserts a better texture.
Vanilla extract: 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Vanilla contains chemicals that are high in flavour and fragrance.
Brown sugar: 1 cup of brown sugar. Brown sugar is used in the same ways as white granulated sugar but has a bit more flavour.
Flour: ½ cup all-purpose flour. Flour is essential to all baked goods.
Pecans: 1 cup of pecans. The mild, sweet taste and buttery texture of pecans make them a versatile ingredient.
How Do You Make Sweet Potato Souffle:
Step 1: Adjust the temperature in the oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2: Combine mashed sweet potatoes with ⅓ cup of melted butter, sugar, eggs, milk, and salt in a mixing bowl.
Step 3: To prepare the casserole dish, butter it with melted butter.
Step 4: Put the potato mixture into the prepared 2-quart baking dish.
Step 5: Mix the topping ingredients together and spread them out over the sweet potato filling.
Step 6: Cover and bake for 35–45 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve it.
Homemade Sweet Potato Souffle Recipe
This Homemade Sweet Potato Souffle has similarities to Sweet Potato Casserole, but a few differences set this one apart. The potatoes are extra creamy and slightly fluffy, and the topping is loaded with brown sugar streusel.
This recipe starts with mashed sweet potatoes. The potatoes are sweetened and then mixed with eggs, milk, butter, and a touch of vanilla. Using a hand mixer or a food processor to mix the sweet potatoes makes them very light and fluffy.
Know About Your Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup of room-temperature butter (1 stick), plus more butter for greasing the pan
- 5 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup butter (½ stick), softened
How to Make Homemade Sweet Potato Souffle:
Step 1: For the souffle: Set the oven’s temperature to 350 degrees F. Use butter to grease a 2 1/2-quart baking dish.
Step 2: After poking them with a fork, bake the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet covered with foil for an hour. Once the potatoes have cooled enough to handle, peel them, then put them in a large mixing bowl and mash it until it is very smooth. To the bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, and salt. Use a hand mixer or electric mixer and thoroughly combine the ingredients. The mixture should be flipped into a baking dish.
Step 3: For the topping: In a medium bowl, stir together the pecans, brown sugar, flour, and butter until thoroughly combined. Spoon the mixture over the sweet potatoes, making an even layer. Bake the casserole until slightly browned, 40 minutes. Let the casserole sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Souffle vs Casserole:
A souffle is light and airy because it is made with eggs. It is usually served as a dessert, while a casserole is a slow-cooked dish similar to a stew. The main difference between a souffle and a casserole is that souffles are usually lighter and use egg whites to make them rise. In this case, the potato’s texture differentiates between a sweet potato casserole and a souffle.
La Comedia Sweet Potato Souffle Recipe
- 4 Cups Mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/3 Cup Melted butter
- 1 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup All-purpose flour
- 1 Cup Pecans
- Preheat the oven.
- Mix sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, milk, salt, and ⅓ cup of melted butter.
- Butter the casserole dish with softened butter.
- Put the potato mixture into the prepared 2-quart baking dish.
- Mix the streusel topping ingredients and sprinkle them over the sweet potatoes.
- For 35-45 minutes, bake uncovered at 350 degrees.
- If fresh sweet potatoes aren’t readily available, use canned yams. When using canned yams in syrup, reduce the sugar in your favourite sweet potato soufflé recipe.
- You can save time by cooking sweet potatoes in advance. Peel the sweet potatoes, chop them into chunks, and boil, steam, or roast them until fork-tender.
- Once cooked, let the potatoes cool completely before storing them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
- You can assemble the sweet potato soufflé ahead of time by whipping the sweet potato mixture together and spreading it into a greased casserole dish.
- If serving with a pecan topping, store the premade topping in a separate container in the refrigerator and add it to the soufflé right before baking.
- Stir well to avoid any cooked egg white streaks, and let the mash cool slightly before adding the egg to prevent scrambling.
You can still enjoy the delicious La Comedia Sweet Potato Souffle even if you’ve never been to La Comedia. You’ll also like this recipe if you like southern sweet potato casserole. It’s a little more complicated than the typical sweet potato casserole at home, but it’s still easy to make. Nobody in your family will want to do the holidays without it.
I would suggest starting with half the sugar and adding more if you find that it is too sweet. This dish is so good that you won’t want to save any for later. Enjoy!
You May Also Like:
Galatoire’s Sweet Potato Cheesecake Recipe