The chocolate whip n chill recipe is a great dessert dish to make. It is very efficient and it tastes amazing. You can make it quickly. The time it takes is only due to the fact that it is a dish that requires chilling in the freezer. The reason is that it needs to be set in for you to be able to handle and serve it well. The process is so easy that you can make it anytime you want and it will not feel like a hassle to go through it. The best part is that you can store it in the freezer for a few days.
As You Read On
Know About the Recipe and Ingredients:
This chocolate mousse can also be made as a strawberry whip and chill. You will need to add strawberry essence along with strawberries and the rest of the ingredients that is all. But for this chocolate mousse, the ingredients are centered on chocolate. You will not regret choosing to make it at home.
Heavy cream: Heavy cream is mainly a type of stiffer liquid made of milk. If you heat it long enough it becomes thicker and provides a rich delicious texture to any dishes that you use it in.
Vanilla essence: Vanilla essence is a liquid form extracted from vanilla beans. In many cases, people go straight for vanilla extract or vanilla beans. But vanilla essence has its own specialty.
Icing sugar: In most cases, icing sugar, or otherwise known as confectionery sugar, is used as a topping to many desserts. But it is also a great partner for mousse dishes to provide a delicate sweetness. This goes really well with mousse and pudding-like dishes.
How to Make a Whip and Chill Dessert?
This chocolate mousse recipe is very easy to follow and the ingredients are not that hard to find. The basic ingredients are chocolate and whipping cream and heavy cream. You can find those ingredients anywhere. The kind of products you choose will definitely have an effect on the dish you prepare.
The process to make this dessert is quite easy. Most of the recipe for Homemade Whip n Chill includes mixing ingredients well enough. The goal is to keep the mixtures smooth enough so they taste great.
Chocolate Whip N Chill Recipe:
- 1 cup of heavy cream milk
- 2.5 cups of whipping cream
- 2 cups of chopped dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp of vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp of icing sugar
- In a large bowl, pour the whipping cream and whisk it with an electric beater. Make it light and frothy. Make sure the whipped cream does not start forming peaks. You would want the consistency of the whipped cream to be light yet enough tightened in texture so you can chill it easier. When the mixing is done, set it aside in a cool place.
- In a saucepan, add the heavy cream and add the roughly chopped-up dark chocolate pieces. Whisk with a non-electric beater. Mix the chocolate with the heavy cream till they blend well. Make sure there are no chunks of chocolate left. The heavy cream will also thicken from being whisked and being on heat. Use the icing sugar next. Add the sugar into the saucepan and whisk until all the ingredients are mixed well. The texture must be smooth.
- Take the saucepan off the heat, let it cool down for a while. Add the previously whipped, cream mixture into the pan gradually. Keep slowly whisking it in. Make sure you combine it well. You can have a taste test to check if the flavor is just perfect to your liking.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl. Freeze it for at least 3 hours. Let it set but make sure it is not too hard or does not freeze up or form ice on top.
- Take it out of the freezer. Whisk it with an electric beater and make it firmer. Spoon the mousse into small cups or shot glasses. You can sprinkle some chocolate sprinkles on top as garnish, but that’s optional. Serve cool and enjoy after a big meal.
- To gather the whip and chill ingredients, you can run errands to any local confectionery shops or just get them from grocery stores. You must make sure the brand is up to your taste and preference.
- Dark chocolate can be as bitter as you want. You can use any kind of dark chocolate that you like. But make sure you adjust the sugar according to your level of preference. The recipe suggests a general amount of sweetness to counter the bitterness. You may like your chocolate mousse more bitter or sweet. That is up to you.
- Children generally love these kinds of treats. You can make it when children are coming over and serve it as such.
Chocolate is one of the best desserts you can have on its own as much as you like. But desserts made with chocolates taste even better because of the burst of flavor it adds. The ingredients used in this recipe mesh perfectly with the flavor of chocolate. If you like milk chocolate more than dark chocolate you can surely try to make the chocolate mousse with milk chocolates.
You will have to adjust the sugar accordingly. You may even opt to choose to have no sugar at all to add to the recipe. Nonetheless, the dish will taste amazing if done right. You just have to stay careful not to let the creamy parts get too stiffened and ice-like.
You May Like Also: