If you want to prepare a quick recipe with relatively few elements, go for the shrimp and scallop baked recipe. It takes much less time and also comes with an easy cooking method. This recipe can be your best bet when you need a flavour change on your dining table.
Both shrimp and scallops are rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids. As a result, it will develop your cardiac health and helps to prevent heart attacks and strokes. Also, it will help you lower your cholesterol levels and maintain your regular BP.
Shrimp also improves thyroid function and brain health. So, having this recipe won’t just make you a good taste, also will enhance your health benefits.
Let’s explore the cooking method!
As You Read On
- 1 Shrimp and Scallop Baked Recipe Ingredients
- 2 How to Make Shrimp and Scallop?
- 3 Best Dishes to Serve with
- 4 Shrimp and Scallop Baked Recipe
- 5 How Long Do I Bake Scallops?
- 6 Conclusion
Shrimp and Scallop Baked Recipe Ingredients
Here’s what you require to prepare this garlic baked scallops and shrimp recipe-
Shrimp & Scallops (½ lbs Each)
To prepare the baked scallops and shrimp recipe, you must take an equal amount of scallops and shrimp. We have taken ½ lb of shrimp and ½ lb of scallops.
Frozen Carrot & Peas (1 Cup)
Adding frozen carrots and peas is a good trick to change the typical scallops and shrimp recipe taste. So, we’ll add 1 cup of carrot and 1 cup of peas. Chop them into small pieces.
Mushrooms (8 oz)
Take 8 oz of mushrooms and slice them.
Lemon Zest and Soya Sauce (1 Tsp)
You’ll need 1 tsp of lemon zest and 1 tsp of soya sauce to get a sour taste.
Sliced Onions (½ Cup)
Take sliced onion of ½ cup but it can be 1 cup if you want.
Pepper & Salt (2 Tsp)
You need to add pepper and salt according to your taste. We’ll take 2 tsp of each spice for our recipe.
Garlic (1 Clove)
1 clove of minced garlic will be enough for the amount of scallops and shrimps we have taken.
Butter and Olive Oil (1 Tbsp)
Adding 1 tbsp of butter can get an additional flavour. However, you also need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
Mayonnaise (1 Cup)
To make a creamy texture to your recipe, take 1 cup of mayonnaise.
Masago, Sesame Oil, and Shirasha Sauce (1 Tbsp)
You need these 3 ingredients of 1 tbsp. These ingredients will be available in your nearby oriental stores.
How to Make Shrimp and Scallop?
Make this quick recipe following the given 6 steps-
Preheat your oven to 400° F.
Put a pan on the stove. Add olive oil to the pan and let it warm. Now put the scallops and shrimp in a raw style on the pan. Make sure shrimps and scallops aren’t sticking to each other. Put salt, pepper, and butter. Fry them on medium heat for 5 minutes. Flip up and fry for 5 more minutes.
Now add some lemon zest and soya sauce. Let them saute for 1 minute.
Add chopped small slices of mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes of sauteing, add sliced onions. And keep sauteing. Heat off the pan when the colour of all the ingredients becomes brown. Put them in a square shape skillet and keep it aside.
Add mayonnaise, masago, sesame oil, and sriracha sauce in a small bowl. Mix them well. This mixture will help you caramelise your recipe perfectly. You’re almost done.
Now spread the mixture on the roasted scallops and shrimp in the skillet. Spread evenly. Put the skillet in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Your dish is ready to serve.
Best Dishes to Serve with
You can have this delicious shrimp and scallop recipe with any type of main dish, for example-
- Fried Potatoes
- Shredded Carrot
- Roasted Vegetables
- Cast Iron Cornbread
- Seasoned Steamed Eggplant
Shrimp and Scallop Baked Recipe
- ½ Lbs Shrimp & Scallops Each
- 1 Cup Frozen Carrot & Peas
- 8 Oz Mushrooms
- 1 Tsp Lemon Zest and Soya Sauce
- ½ Cup Sliced Onions
- 2 Tsp Pepper & Salt
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Butter and Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Masago, Sesame Oil, and Shirasha Sauce
- Preheat your oven to 400° F.
- Put a pan on the stove. Add olive oil to the pan and let it warm.
- Now put the scallops and shrimp in a raw style.
- Put salt, pepper and butter.
- Fry them on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Flip up and fry for 4 more minutes.
- Now add lemon zest and soya sauce. Let them saute for 1 minute.
- Add chopped small slices of mushrooms. And saute for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes of sauteing, add sliced onions. And keep sauteing.
- Heat off the pan when the colour of all the ingredients becomes brown.
- Put them in a square shape skillet and keep it aside.
- Add mayonnaise, masago, sesame oil, and sriracha sauce in a small bowl. Mix them well.
- Now spread the mixture on the shrimp and scallops in the skillet. Spread evenly.
- Put the skillet in the oven and cook it for 10 minutes.
- Your dish is ready to serve.
- Scallops take a little longer time than shrimp. So, put the scallops in the pan 5 minutes earlier than the shrimp. It will faster your cooking process.
- Scallops are cooked properly when they seem firm yet soft.
- If you forget to defrost your shrimp and scallops, you can still cook the frozen shrimp ans scallops.
- Don’t overcook this recipe. Or else the shrimp and scallops will seem rubbery.
- Soaking scallops in milk for 2 minutes will prevent them from having a fishy odour.
How Long Do I Bake Scallops?
Scallops are a fleshy species and requires the usual cooking time as other species. However, it’s tricky if you go to cook them the first time. Because, if you overcook them, they will become rubbery and firm. Again, undercooked scallops become mushy. Therefore, you must be careful about the texture.
Required Time to Bake Scallops
Total of 10 minutes is enough for baking scallops. Within these 10 minutes, you have to bake 1 side for 5 minutes. And then flip up the scallops and bake the other side for 5 minutes. But, the timing can be more or less depending on the amount you bake at a time.
Around ½ lb scallops require this 10 minutes baking time. If you bake more simultaneously, it will take a bit more time.
Ways to Understand Scallops is Cooked
This 10 minutes is an assumption. Touch one scallop and see whether it’s springy. If you find the scallops are brown and get a springy texture, you’re done. So, you need not bake them anymore, no matter if it’s not that 10 minutes yet. Heat off your pan.
Both the shrimp and scallops require significantly less time to cook. So, once you prepare all the ingredients, it won’t need hours to cook like many other recipes. Cooking the shrimp and scallop baked recipe is an art. The more you practise, the nicer your dish will be.
Everyone from beginners to pros finds this recipe enjoyable while cooking. And we can assure you of its mouthwatering taste. Also, you can consider its nutritional benefits. However, despite the high nutritional level of shrimp and scallops, we recommend you avoid having this recipe regularly. Because it can create allergic reactions.