If you are an alcoholic drink connoisseur, it would be shocking if you have tried margaritas and did not like them. This Sammy Hagar Margarita recipe is probably just what you need to start making your own drinks by keeping a few ingredients stored at home.
This straight up cocktail is a gr4eat mood booster and gets you a smooth buzz. Just what you need after a long day at work. This drink allegedly originated in Mexico during a traditional Cinco de Mayo celebration. If you know anything about Mexican traditions, you must know they know how to celebrate properly!
So why don’t you check out this recipe and try it at home?
As You Read On
Lime Juice: 1 ounce of fresh lime juice. Lime brings the tangy flavor to a drink.
Orange Juice: 1/2 ounce Fresh tangerine or orange juice. Orange juice provides a citrus-like element to the drink and a little natural sweetness.
Orange Liqor: 1/2 ounce of orange liquor. Orange liquor provides a good hit to the drink and enhances the flavor of the sweeter ingredients.
Agave Syrup: 1/2 teaspoon of agave syrup.This is what gives the drink a great twist that tastes perfect!
Damiana: 1/2 ounce of Damiana. Damiana worksx as a combining agent in this drink. You can adjust the flavor according to you taste. You can also alter it with a simple syrup.
Orange Peel: 1/2 teaspoon of fresh grated orange peel.
Tequila: 2 ounces of Cabo Wabo Tequila. You can use a Blanco or Reposado. It is up to you. But the tequila is what brings the flare to the drink that is necessary.
Agave Nectar: 1 ½ ounces of Agave Nectar
Salt: Salt, as needed. Mainly to rim the glass you are going to pour the drink in. You can sprinkle a bit on top of the drink for taste too, if you want but ,ake sure that you do not over do it.
Ice: 1 bag ice. What is a drink without ice, right? Ice can be used to keep the drink cold for a longer amount of time too. So when you refresh your drink, adding more ice can never hurt.
How To Make Sammy Hagar Tequila Drink
Step 1: Start by filling a cocktail shaker with ice. You can use cube shapde or crushed ice, whichever suits your taste better.
Step 2: Add 1 ounce of fresh lime juice.Followed by 1/2 ounce Fresh tangerine or orange juice, 1/2 ounce of orange liquor, 1/2 teaspoon of agave syrup and shake for several seconds.
Step 3: Now, add 1/2 ounce of Damiana, 1/2 teaspoon of fresh grated orange peel, 2 ounces of Cabo Wabo Tequila, and 1 ½ ounces of Agave Nectar. Shake again.
Step 4: Rim the glass with Salt. Pour the drink and enjoy.
Sammy Hagar Margarita Recipe
- 1 Ounce Fresh lime juice
- 1/2 Ounce Fresh tangerine
- 1/2 Ounce Orange liquor
- 1/2 Tsp Agave syrup
- 1/2 Ounce Damiana
- 1/2 Tsp Fresh grated orange peel
- 2 Ounces Cabo Wabo Tequila
- 1 ½ Ounces Agave Nectar
- 1 Bag Ice
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add 1 ounce of fresh lime juice.
- Followed by 1/2 ounce Fresh tangerine or orange juice, 1/2 ounce of orange liquor, 1/2 teaspoon of agave syrup and shake for several seconds.
- Now, add 1/2 ounce of Damiana, 1/2 teaspoon of fresh grated orange peel, 2 ounces of Cabo Wabo Tequila, and 1 ½ ounces of Agave Nectar. Shake again.
- Rim the glass with Salt. Pour the drink and enjoy.
- If you do not have Damiana readily available, you can just double the sweetener you already have to prepare the cabo wabo margarita.
- It is ahrd to make a mocktail of this drink without the alcoholic ingredients so there is no point trying to replicate the exact flavor. But in case you do want to accomplish that, try to double on the agave nectar.
So there you go, this is how you can make a perfect sammy hagar cabo wabo tequila drink all by yourself. If you are wondering if you do not own a cocktail shaker, if you can pour everything in order into a blender, the answer is- yes you can. But you have to make sure you add the ice in at the last pulse before serving.
This way the ice stays fresh, the drink stays cold for longer, and you can enjoy a home made drink. When you would want to make more in quantity, just multiply according to quantity units and you will be good to go!