The original name of Cardiff Crack is Burgundy Pepper Tri Tip. It’s one of the top-sold items in the seaside market of Cardiff town, California. Cardiff crack is created especially for campers and also for a quick home grilling process. This tasty item originated in 1986.
The specialty of this dish is that it’s marinated with the Burgundy pepper, making it special to locals. It’s a beef-based product. So if you’re fond of beef, the Cardiff crack will be your favorite.
Trying the Cardiff crack recipe at home is so simple that everyone can try it. It will take only a few minutes to prepare and cook. What’s more, making this delicious recipe will require only a few ingredients.
So, let’s try making it!
As You Read On
Cardiff Crack Ingredients
You’ll need only six ingredients to prepare the Cardiff tri-tip. It’s an extremely trouble-free recipe to make at home or in camps. You’ll need the following ingredients-
Beef Tri Tip (1 Pound)
Take 1 pound of tri-tip beef packet, clean it, and keep it aside.
Red Wine (2 Cups)
For the marinading purpose, take 2 cups of red wine.
Virgin Olive Oil ( ¼ Cup)
This recipe requires little oil because of marinating the tri-tip. So, taking one-fourth of the oil will be perfect.
Garlic (3 Cloves)
Take 3 garlic cloves and mince properly. Adding minced garlic while marinating the beef tri-tip will increase the taste.
Honey (1 Tsp)
Every single ingredient is required very little in amount. So, in terms of honey, you need only 1 tsp.
Black Pepper (1 Tbsp)
And the last element you need is only 1 tbsp of black pepper. Take fresh black pepper.
How to Cook Cardiff Crack?
There’s no frying, baking, or sauteeing process to make the Cardiff crack. All you need is to marinate and grill the beef tri-tip. So, here are our Cardiff crack cooking instructions. Check out how quickly and effortlessly you can make the tri-tip.
Take a bowl and add wine, olive oil, garlic paste, honey, and black pepper. Mix them all together.
Take the beef tri-tip and marinate it with the mixture. Just take a zip lock bag and pour your marinating mixture into it.
Keep mixing the meat with the marinating mixture. And keep the bag in the fridge for 2 hours.
This time, you need to grill the beef tri-tip. So, take out the marinated bag from your refrigerator. And take the beef tri-tip out of your bag.
You’re almost near to finishing making this recipe. Place the beef tri-tip on the grill, and sear it for 5 minutes. Let’s sear each side for 2.5 minutes.
Flip up each side after 2.5 minutes. Ensure the sides aren’t burnt.
Now remove the tri-tip from the grill and place it on a wire rack. Let it cool for 40 minutes at least. Because the tri-tip is extremely hot, you cannot slice it in this condition.
Now, let the tri-tip rest for 20 minutes more before you slice it. After 20 minutes, take the tri-tip and slice it into your preferred size.
Put the sliced pieces on a dish and serve. See how easy it is to make the Cardiff crack recipe? It’s easy and also time-saving. Making this recipe at home can be a quick solution to meet your appetite.
Best Dish to Serve With
Cardiff Crack is the most delicious appetizer that matches a wide range of dishes. Here are some of the top dishes that go perfectly with Cardiff Crack-
- Jasmin Rice
- Chicken Alfredo
- Creamed Corn
- Mashed Potatoes
- Mac & Cheese
- Avocado Beet Salad
- Garlic Flatbread
- Jalapeno Cornbread
- Roasted Green Beans
- Spinach Salad
- Baked Ziti
- Grilled Mushrooms
- Roasted Red Cabbage
- Taco Soup
- Enchilada Pasta
Cardiff Crack Recipe || A 5-Minute Quick Recipe without Frying or Baking
- 1 Pound Beef Tri-Tip
- 2 Cups Red Wine
- ¼ Cup Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Black Pepper
- Add wine, garlic paste, black pepper, olive oil, and honey in a bowl and mix them.
- Marinate your beef tri-tip with the mixture.
- Refrigerate the marinated tri-tip for 2 hours.
- Now take out the marinated tri-tip bag from the refrigerator.
- Take the beef tri-tip out of your bag and place them on the grill.
- Sear for 5 minutes. Let’s sear each side for 2.5 minutes.
- Now remove the tri-tip from the grill and place it on a wire rack.
- Let it cool for 40 minutes at least.
- Now let the tri-tip rest for 20 minutes before slicing it.
- Slice the beef tri-tip.
- Your dish is ready to serve.
- How tender and tasty your Cardiff crack will be depends on how you marinate it. Therefore, try making the marinating mixture flavourful.
- We’ve made a simple mixture, so you don’t have trouble collecting ingredients. However, adding soya sauce or tomato sauce to the mixture will make it more delicious.
- Adding brown sugar to the marinating mixture will help break down the beef tri-tip’s muscle fiber easily. As a result, the beef tri-tip will become more tender.
- The longer you marinate the beef tri-tip, the tastier the recipe will be. So, try marinating overnight unless you’re in a rush.
Cardiff Crack recipe is an ideal dish to try at home. It’s a perfect dish for those who aren’t a regular cook. This dish is hassle-free to prepare the ingredients and make with a simple marinating and grilling process. It’s a gluten-free food item, and also it contains a standard amount of protein. So it’s safe for all ages eaters.
Serving Cardiff crack with vegetables or bread will be healthy for kids. However, this delicious recipe is a bit addictive. So, avoid consuming huge amounts at a time.