Like delicious sauces, the maple bacon cure increases the taste of foods. Maple bacon is another extraordinary food taste changer. It’s pretty versatile and servable with almost any dish.
The most traditional way to make the maple bacon cure recipe is to make the bacon with salt and seasoning. This process helps incorporate everything quickly and also cures meat over weeks. You also can add some sugar for added sweetness.
No matter how you prefer having your bacon, you must cook them thoroughly to make a healthy diet. So, here’s the recipe guide. Check out the way you can make this tasty recipe.
As You Read On
- 1 Maple Bacon Cure Ingredients
- 2 How to Make Maple Bacon Cure Recipe?
- 3 Best Main Course to Serve With
- 4 Maple Bacon Cure Recipe || The Best Way to Make Your Bacon
- 5 Conclusion
Maple Bacon Cure Ingredients
Pork Belly (5 Pounds)
The boneless meat of a pig is called the pork belly. This meat is particularly popular in Chinese, Thai, and Korean cuisines. However, to make the maple-cured recipe, you need to take belly pork or pork belly, whatever you call it. Take 5 pounds of this element. If you want to make a less amount, take 3 pounds.
NB: You can also make maple bacon with only 1 pound of pork belly. In that case, apply the given other seasoning ingredients by third. That’s all. And the rest instructions will be the same.
Dark Maple Syrup (2 Tbsp)
Before you take the maple syrup, it’s essential to understand the grade and color. For this recipe, we prefer taking the syrup of grade B and the dark color. The syrup color changes the season’s progress.
Light color syrup slows up the progress. Also, the lighter syrup has a delicate flavor compared to the darker syrup. So, to get a strong flavor and fast seasoning progress, take dark maple syrup.
However, the sugar content and quality of these two are the same. You need 2 tbsp of dark maple syrup.
Black Pepper & Pink Curing Salt (1 Tsp Each)
Applying 1 tsp of freshly ground black pepper will give a good flavor and increase the taste. So, take black pepper powder. You’ll also need to take 1 tsp of pink curing salt. The pink curing salt is a combination of sodium nitrite and sodium chloride.
This salt is dyed pink to remove confusion with the table salt. You shouldn’t apply it excessively.
Sugar & Kosher Salt (2 Tbsp Each)
To add a sweet flavor to your recipe, take 2 tbsp of sugar. And the last ingredient you need is kosher salt. 2 tbsp of kosher salt you’ll require.
How to Make Maple Bacon Cure Recipe?
Making maple-cured bacon is so simple and easy. It requires simple marinating and refrigerating before cooking.
A large plastic bag will be required to place your 5 pounds of belly pork. Also, the bag should come with a zip lock system. Pat the belly pork and let them dry. Now put the entire 5 pounds of belly pork into the plastic bag.
Now pour the black pepper powder, kosher salt, pink curing salt, maple syrup, and sugar. Keep massaging the bag and let the spices mix properly with the meat. Keep massaging until all the elements mix together. Now seal the bag properly and keep it in the fridge for 7 days.
Now preheat your oven to 250° F.
Take out your plastic bag of meat and rinse the belly pork. Pat them to dry nicely. Now put your roasting pan on the oven rack and place your belly pork on the pan. Put the fat side up of the belly. Let it cook for 2 hours and let the temperature reaches 150° F internally.
Your maple smoked bacon is ready to eat and served with your preferred side dish. Get it from the oven, and slice the pork belly to your desired thickness. Serve the amount you need. And keep the remaining leftovers in a zip-lock plastic bag for ideal refrigeration. You can refrigerate your maple bacon for up to 3 months.
Best Main Course to Serve With
Maple Bacon Cure Recipe || The Best Way to Make Your Bacon
- 5 Pounds Pork Belly
- 2 Tbsp Dark Maple Syrup
- 1 Tsp Black
- 1 Tsp Pink Curing Salt
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- Put the belly pork in your zip-lock plastic bag and let them dry.
- Pour the black pepper powder, kosher salt, pink curing salt, maple syrup, and sugar.
- Keep massaging the bag and let the spices mix properly with the meat.
- Seal the bag properly and keep it in the fridge for 7 days.
After 7 Days of Refrigeration
- Preheat your oven to 250° F.
- Take out your plastic bag of meat from the fridge and rinse the belly pork.
- Now put your roasting pan on the oven rack and place your belly pork on the pan.
- Cook for 2 hours.
- Your maple bacon is ready.
- Get it from the oven, and slice the pork belly to your desired thickness.
- Never go for making the maple-cured bacon recipe right before your serving time. It requires a minimum of 7 days of refrigeration before cooking. So, you need to prepare it at least 10 days before your serving time.
- Before you process your bacon, you must remove the extra water and dry the pork perfectly. Or your bacon recipe won’t comes out with flavor.
- Brushing some balsamic vinegar in the pork belly slices increases the taste.
Making Maple bacon cure recipe at home keeps you relaxed for months. As this recipe is well preservable in the fridge, you can reheat and serve it any time. To increase the taste and flavor of your served main dish, this maple cured recipe is the best.
This recipe won’t just increase the taste but also offer some of the best nutritional values. It makes the diet undoubtedly healthy.
In terms of having this tasty recipe, you’ll get rid of heart diseases, inflammatory bowel diseases, and also arthritis. Because maple bacon contains a good amount of polyphenol antioxidants.